PDA

View Full Version : MAZDASPEED Full Suspension Installed PICS!!!!!

JPAV8S4U
12-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Well I finally got myself to sit down and do some uploading of the pics I have of my recent and first major mod of my car. The car is about 6 months old and has had a few things done to it, but nothing this major to date. I wanted a suspension system that would be a jump in performace,asthetics and keep me warranty intact. Mazdaspeed was the only option. I am very pleased with the results thus far and the car drives nothing like it did when I first picked it up.

The Ride: (im not an editor for Car and Driver as youll find out) It is much much firmer than stock.... The car rides very very sporty and for some will be harsh. On ramps and off ramps are the highlight of my drive to work... as usually I drive faster on them than when im actually cruising down the highway. Body roll is almost non-existent and the car tracks very straight. There is very little dip around corners and the car has a stiffer all around feel. Comparing this to a car that I have driven... I would say that the car handles very similar to a 350z/G35 coupe... minus the power of course :). I really dont have much else to write about the ride other than I am very pleased with the car and the new feel. To sum it up.. It is like getting a whole new car.... nothing like the stock configuration.

The Install: This was done at Speedtech on Flippy's recommend and the fact that MOT wanted me to mortgage my house to do the install (gotte get on them Joe)...... The install start at around 4pm and went to 9pm.... yes... 5 hours and I watched eagerly for 5 hours. It went pretty smoothly with a few bumps when all components were on and aligning the rear frame bolts (or whatever they are called). As well the front sway bar took a little bit of magic to get on. A little snaking and such and it was on. All in all a good install and a good shop with a great price :D ($250 btw)

The Parts:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/MSSpringCamberSways.jpg
MazdaSpeed Springs/Camber Kit

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/MSStruts.jpg
MazdaSpeed Struts

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/MSSways.jpg
MazdaSpeed Sways

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/Old-NewSways.jpg
Old and New Sways

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/Old-New.jpg
Old and New Springs

The Install:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/WheelsOff.jpg
All the Wheels Off

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/AllOff.jpg
Suspension Off

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/AndyWorkingHard.jpg
Andy Working for his money :P

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/FirstSetOn.jpg
Front Suspension On

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/FirstRearOn.jpg
Rear Suspension On

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/AllDone.jpg
ALL ON!!!!

The Car:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/DSC00543.jpg
Before

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/JPAV8S4U/Afer.jpg
After

Hope you all enjoy! Any Questions.... fire away!

b
12-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Looks good! Thanks for the pics & write up. Sweet ride.

Your front looks way lower than my prokit. :)

JPAV8S4U
12-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Looks good! Thanks for the pics & write up. Sweet ride.

Your front looks way lower than my prokit. :)

Thanx Blackman!

I was surprised at the drop. I thought the drop would be a slight to moderate drop... as the lift was being let down... it just kept going down. LOL. Im happy with it.

justin
12-11-2006, 11:34 PM
NICE.... car looks nice.... when you going to take me for a spin!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Pimpin_29y
12-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Daymnn thats low.....looking good thanks for sharing the pics Jeff!

JPAV8S4U
12-12-2006, 12:08 AM
Thanx Justin and Gabe..... Ill take yas for a ride soon enough brothas!

Kevin@nextmod
12-12-2006, 12:53 AM
room for another guy?

Looking forward to see your rims too man.

sbmonkey
12-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the pics. :)
No pics of the front bar being installed? That's the most interesting. 8)

SABIO
12-12-2006, 05:38 AM
Comparing this to a car that I have driven... I would say that the car handles very similar to a 350z/G35 coupe... !

:crazy That's a little much :) With all the money you are spending on your economy car....you might as well have bought a Z!

Skarbro
12-12-2006, 05:47 AM
Nice! Got a shot of the front sway bar on the car?

sbmonkey
12-12-2006, 08:06 AM
:crazy That's a little much :) With all the money you are spending on your economy car....you might as well have bought a Z!

He could have, but insurance and gas would be much higher!

FLIPDADY
12-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Looks great Jeff! Now when are you coming in for the rest of the Mazdspeed stuff?

Props to Andy and his Speedtech guys!

Cardinal Fang
12-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Great write up and pics JPAV8S4U.

SonicBoy
12-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Congrats! Nice to see some pics of all those parts in place.

RedRaptor
12-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Very very nice. I thought the Mazdaspeed springs would give a more mild drop but hey, if you're into the slammed look, thats all that matters. Thanks for the pics!

3GFX
12-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Nice write up and pics, must grip like a glove now!

majic
12-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Nice write up and pics, must grip like a glove now!

errr.. if he's still riding on stockers then umm.. probably as shit as before..

tires grip.. suspension makes things firmer/sturdier...

3GFX
12-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Of course he's limited by his rubber, but at least he can make better use of that rubber now. Each car's setups and physical charectoristics translate into different lateral grip abilities. For example a Cadallac CTS with the same rubber can only manage 0.85g where as in the same test the 3 manages 0.87g.

His suspension will help his handling, limited to his tire's ability.

majic
12-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Of course he's limited by his rubber, but at least he can make better use of that rubber now. Each car's setups and physical charectoristics translate into different lateral grip abilities. For example a Cadallac CTS with the same rubber can only manage 0.85g where as in the same test the 3 manages 0.87g.

His suspension will help his handling, limited to his tire's ability.

as true as it is ;)

the 3's suspension outperforms the shit tires it's paired with.. get sticky/new/good tires and then mod the suspension to the the PERFORMANCE out of it.. if it's for looks then yah.. understood.. but i doubt it ;)

back to the topic..

the colours are pweetty ;D

JPAV8S4U
12-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanx for the compliments guys!

My reason exactly sbmonkey! I drive from the beaches to Pearson airport about 16-18 times a month for work.... not to mention to mississauga about 10 times a month on top of that to see the GF. I wanted a car that was relatively affordable, great on gas, low expenses, and fun to drive! Ill tell you what.... she is a lot more fun to drive now! I will take some shots of the front sway soon along with the Mazdaspeed strut tower brace. Yes the stock 17's it is on definitely arent up to the suspensions par right now.... But it is winter..... As some of you know, when summer hits us again, I have Gunmetal 18" Rays Versus Turismo Spadas (accolade show car rims) to put on. That should round off the suspension system as some of you have said. Glad you guys like the pics!

RedRaptor
12-12-2006, 11:55 AM
errr.. if he's still riding on stockers then umm.. probably as shit as before..
tires grip.. suspension makes things firmer/sturdier...

Majic you hater...;)

JPAV8S4U
12-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Majic you hater...;)

Yeah Maj doesnt like me too much.... Sells his PSP on me.... Locks half my threads... LOL.. Just kidding :) He does have a point about the rims and tired being out of their league somewhat.... But hey, did I mention it is my WINTER setup your seeing? :)

justin
12-12-2006, 12:10 PM
she is a lot more fun to drive now!

the car or the girlfriend? :D

majic
12-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah Maj doesnt like me too much.... Sells his PSP on me.... Locks half my threads... LOL.. Just kidding :) He does have a point about the rims and tired being out of their league somewhat.... But hey, did I mention it is my WINTER setup your seeing? :)

lol.. i wasn't actually hatin' on your setup.. was just hatin' on 3GFX's post :D

JPAV8S4U
12-12-2006, 12:30 PM
the car or the girlfriend? :D

The GF is always fun to drive. The car is getting close to her though.... ;) Shhhhhhh!!! Ill get in trouble...

Maj... I know you aint hatin! ;)

SABIO
12-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Why did you put the camber adjusters in?? Was your camber off? What was the measurement?
You added positive camber but are still driving on stock tires??

Since the Front dropped more than you thought, will your New rims/wheels Fit? better re-check your spacing and your tire size. Some brands are wider than others, you might be rubbing 24/7.

3GFX
12-12-2006, 09:03 PM
lol.. i wasn't actually hatin' on your setup.. was just hatin' on 3GFX's post :D

Majic's drink of choice:

http://images2.dmusic.com/users/s/g/t/sgtmay/t-42142.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

What was the drop on the MS suspension? Your front does look a lot lower. From the pics it looks lower than the Tein S-Techs.

doughboyr6
12-12-2006, 09:26 PM
congrats, the stuff looks real good, i'm surprised how good the pricing is for the install....i met you at the window tinting place before right? you're the pilot?

those wheels are super hard to find...but tires23 does have them....for like $1800 tho

JPAV8S4U
12-12-2006, 09:33 PM
What was the drop on the MS suspension? Your front does look a lot lower. From the pics it looks lower than the Tein S-Techs.

I am not sure on the drop of the front... the MS Catalog says 33mm.... So being that the cars suspension and set up was completely stock before this, I would have to stick with the 33mm.

Why did you put the camber adjusters in?? Was your camber off? What was the measurement?

Since the Front dropped more than you thought, will your New rims/wheels Fit? better re-check your spacing and your tire size. Some brands are wider than others, you might be rubbing 24/7.

I put the camber adjusters in because the kit comes with it.... They compliment the MS springs.... I would assume without it, you would have negative camber..... A camber kit is not for using aftermarket tires.... it is for lowered cars as is the case here.

Since the front dropped.... I dont know if my new rims will fit. Tires23 seemed to think so. If they dont.... they will get new rims that will fit... maybe ill have to re-order in 17" then? I would assume that going up to an 18" from a 17" wouldnt be an issue as the offset is proper and the tire sidewall on the new tires will be less than the RSA on there.... circumference will be approximately the same. I am not a very well versed person with this stuff.... so if there is something I am missing, please feel free to imform me! Since you seem the be the resident expert Sabio.... why dont I meet up with ya and you can tell me :D lol... seriously !

JPAV8S4U
12-12-2006, 09:36 PM
congrats, the stuff looks real good, i'm surprised how good the pricing is for the install....i met you at the window tinting place before right? you're the pilot?

those wheels are super hard to find...but tires23 does have them....for like $1800 tho

Yeah buddy! that was me at FX.... I still remember you pacing around for an hour deciding on the tint % ;) LOL. Yeah I did get the rims from Tires23..... you got a quote for 1800?? for 17"s?? or 18"?

SABIO
12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm sure Tires23 will look after you. Your back end looks fine...errr.. the Wheel clearance I mean.
I guess since the kit included the camber links.....might as well throw them on.

Maybe all you would have to do is roll the front fenders a little.

Some tires might be listed as the same size. But if you looked up the actual measurements the width could actually vary by 5mm or more.
(some tires have a rounded shoulder or a more flat-squared shoulder)

JPAV8S4U
12-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey Thanx for the info... You definitely had me somewhat worried.... To the point that tomoro im going to stop in at T23 and see what they say... I might have to go 17"? Who knows... I hope not though.

RedRaptor
12-12-2006, 11:31 PM
TGM3 from M3F has the same suspension set up and he has RX8 rims and doesn't rub with three adults sitting in the back. Here's the thread to that:
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=48117.0

His car doesn't look as slammed as yours tho with the same springs for some reason.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4491/dsc005548ml.jpg

Droooolll...the hawtness...
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/1518/kyuparty182lx.jpg

sbmonkey
12-13-2006, 12:03 AM

You sound a bit uneasy about having the camber links installed along side the springs with stock tires. How come?

JPAV8S4U
12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Well the MS cataloge states a drop from 25-33MM depending on body style.... So i guess the sedan drop is more than the hatch... I definitely got a bigger drop than TGM3. I was aware of his hatch from MSF. Yeah who knows here... I might just have to get the 17's.... rather than the 18's. I will be making a stop into T23 tomoro. They said they would work.... that was pre install.... I dont know the exact drop that I did get... But it is more than I was expecting :) Im happy with it.

whodilly
12-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Great upgrade dude... it definitely makes a difference in handling without changing tires.

Let us know about the ride quality, how is it handling the potholed toronto roads? I know my ride is shit because it's so damn low. I'm thinking of changing to new shocks and springs but i want a stiffer combination... i like the bone jarring ride ;) Not soft like a stock shock + lowering spring like the Tein.

edit: thinking koni yellows + H&R springs

JPAV8S4U
12-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Great upgrade dude... it definitely makes a difference in handling without changing tires.

Let us know about the ride quality, how is it handling the potholed toronto roads? I know my ride is shit because it's so damn low. I'm thinking of changing to new shocks and springs but i want a stiffer combination... i like the bone jarring ride ;) Not soft like a stock shock + lowering spring like the Tein.

edit: thinking koni yellows + H&R springs

The car handles the potholes really well... Stiff is exactly what I would say best describes the ride.... I dont have any other 3 to compare it to... So I cant say whether it is any better than your set-up, but it is stiff and can be pretty bone jarring. To be honest... being a OEM part from mazda (although they dont make any of the components)... (ford racing struts...springs are pro kits I think).. I thought the ride would be slightly stiffer.... I was wrong. The ride is very very very sporty ! The install was done well and it makes all the difference.

To add to the install.... The front spring and shocks came with new bump stops that didnt seem to fit in snug like the original ones did... So we used the originals... maybe that is why the drop in the front is huge? I dunno!

Skarbro
12-13-2006, 07:55 AM
To add to the install.... The front spring and shocks came with new bump stops that didnt seem to fit in snug like the original ones did... So we used the originals... maybe that is why the drop in the front is huge? I dunno!

Bump stops would have no influence on the height drop whatsoever. They only come into play when you bottom out. ;)

JPAV8S4U
12-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Bump stops would have no influence on the height drop whatsoever. They only come into play when you bottom out. ;)

Great to know! Well I have been over some really bad ones out there and not yet bottomed out.... Did I mention im not very technically knowledgable with this stuff....?? :P

Kevin@nextmod
12-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Didn't clement took out his bump stops on the rear of his basics to make it even drop?

Wild Weasel
12-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Didn't clement took out his bump stops on the rear of his basics to make it even drop?

That doesn't make any sense, unless something was installed incorrectly.

Bump stops sit inside the springs and act as a cushion when you bottom out. It's like a very high rate spring within the spring. It doesn't affect ride height.

You don't ever want to go without them. Sometimes you need to cut them down a bit to give yourself some extra suspension travel, but that doesn't affect the ride height at all.

MajesticBlueNTO
12-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Bump stops sit inside the springs and act as a cushion when you bottom out. It's like a very high rate spring within the spring. It doesn't affect ride height.

You don't ever want to go without them. Sometimes you need to cut them down a bit to give yourself some extra suspension travel, but that doesn't affect the ride height at all.

in the case of the 3, they sit on the strut piston rod.

SABIO
12-13-2006, 09:48 PM

ever get a quote for a Z?? A 350Z would cost me $60 a year more than a MS3... Dosen't sound like it would break the bank???

19/25Mpg for the Z. 20/28 for the 3. Again... so?

RedRaptor
12-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Deja Vu again...memoirs of the old board with Sabio hating on the 3. ;)

JPAV8S4U
12-14-2006, 01:06 AM
ever get a quote for a Z?? A 350Z would cost me $60 a year more than a MS3... Dosen't sound like it would break the bank???

19/25Mpg for the Z. 20/28 for the 3. Again... so?

Hey Sabio..... ever get a quote for insurance for a 26 year old driving the 'Z' A 350Z? in Toronto? Nope... ? ;) its ok.... We still love ya anyways!

Broli
12-18-2006, 10:45 AM
just looking at this now!

nice jeff!

looks good!

just a note the fronts cant be rolled, they are already rolled!

what offset and tire size were u thinking of going?

JPAV8S4U
12-18-2006, 12:19 PM
just looking at this now!

nice jeff!

looks good!

just a note the fronts cant be rolled, they are already rolled!

what offset and tire size were u thinking of going?

I have talked to Tires23 and they seemed to think there would be no problem with it.. I got 18" Rays... not really sure on the offset they are, as T23 mentioned the proper one to order... As for the tire, I still have not made my decision yet on them... any suggestions? I want a tire that has good all around performance.... not too "low Pro" as the ride is already super stiff and something that wont wear down super quick either.... whatcha thinking?

Broli
12-18-2006, 05:13 PM
no real suggestions on tires, other than to go with what tires23 says.
and they are pretty good, if they say it will be ok, i am sure it will

SW20 MR2
12-26-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm not too well-versed on the current tire offerings (been out of the scene for a while now), but you will severely be wasting your suspension setup if you don't spend the money on a set of good quality rubber.

The last set of performance rubber I had a few years back were the Toyo T1-S. Well worth the money. I dunno if the T1-R is any good.

I want a tire that has good all around performance.... not too "low Pro" as the ride is already super stiff and something that wont wear down super quick either.... whatcha thinking?

3GFX
12-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Dunlop Sport 9000 are excellent grip, and not to noisy, but they wear very fast.

The Yohohama AVS is a great tire to. Its all around a good price, with low price, noise and good all around dry and wet.

The AVS actually scored quite high in Car and Drivers most recent performance tire test, but only lost out to higher priced tires like the Eagle F1 because they offer more grip.

I guess at any level you tires will have great grip, as long as you are willing to pay :)

saintjames7
01-30-2007, 05:42 PM
The setup looks great. I'm so jealous

JPAV8S4U
01-31-2007, 01:58 AM
Thanx man! I love it ! Still get a thrill when driving hard!

3GFX
01-31-2007, 08:58 AM
I was in the airport yesterday and they have some sweet banks (of course I was going the speed limit of 50). Anyway, I was thinking that you must have a ball around there.

JPAV8S4U
01-31-2007, 12:58 PM
I was in the airport yesterday and they have some sweet banks (of course I was going the speed limit of 50). Anyway, I was thinking that you must have a ball around there.

LOL... you know it. Funny you should say that. One day I left the staff parking lot at around 11pm at night.... Terminals were dead empty and for the most part the airport was closed... I was going through the banks and turns quite fast and not more then 3 minutes later, airport security was following me.... they tried to catch me as I went around and around..... knowing they ony have one car. Did that for a few more minutes and turns from T1-T2.... then left.. They never caught me... :) shhhhh

3GFX
01-31-2007, 01:03 PM
LMAO, (i don't encourage that *cough cough*) that's awesome!

JPAV8S4U
01-31-2007, 01:07 PM
LMAO, (i don't encourage that *cough cough*) that's awesome!

Aparently my buddy in terminal security heard about the episode and when mentioned... he rant into the tape room to make sure the evidence was gone.... Though he said on review of the tapes... my licence was not visible long enough to even see.:) Never the less....... im trying to get a copy :) ha ha!

3GFX
01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
I was gonna say, get a copy!!!!

A buddy a mine in high school got caught going through a red by a camera in his suped up Jetta. He was going so fast in the pic that his lights had streaked and the car was a blur.

He framed the picture!

Xerox
01-31-2007, 07:33 PM
I was gonna say, get a copy!!!!

A buddy a mine in high school got caught going through a red by a camera in his suped up Jetta. He was going so fast in the pic that his lights had streaked and the car was a blur.

He framed the picture!

I guess the license plate was still visible enough if MTO was able to find his address (from the license plate) and mail him the fine.

Top Gear actually did a segment to prove that if a car was traveling fast enough, it would not be captured by speed cameras (similar to red light camera but it's used to catch speeders). You have to be traveling at over 170mph to fool the speed cameras (atleast in the UK).
Segment on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqUbvglAt7I

BTW, authentic Mazda$peed part$! very nice...drooool

JPAV8S4U
01-31-2007, 09:57 PM
I guess the license plate was still visible enough if MTO was able to find his address (from the license plate) and mail him the fine.

Top Gear actually did a segment to prove that if a car was traveling fast enough, it would not be captured by speed cameras (similar to red light camera but it's used to catch speeders). You have to be traveling at over 170mph to fool the speed cameras (atleast in the UK).

Authentic as they come... ask flippy ;) Wait till you see what is next ;)

wardgroup
02-01-2007, 12:30 AM
where woudl you pick up the speed kit from and can i ask how much that cost with install?

3GFX
02-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Send a private message to 'FLIPSPEED', he is the pats guy at Mazda of Toronto and has excellent deals for members of TM3. He's great to deal with and you can't beat Mazda parts.

wardgroup
02-01-2007, 07:44 AM
thanks dude

FLIPDADY
02-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Complete suspension consists of the following:

- Sport dampers x 4
- Sport springs w/camber links
- Front and rear sway bar kit

The TM3 price $1,735.00 tax in.

Coil-over setup consists of the following:

- Height adjustable spings and dampers
- Rear camber links

The TM3 price $2,682.83 tax in.

The suspension parts only apply to the regular Mazda 3's and not Mazdaspeed version.

Wild Weasel
02-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Does that coilover setup price include the sway bars?

FLIPDADY
02-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Does that coilover setup price include the sway bars?
Yup!

Kevin@nextmod
02-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Complete suspension consists of the following:
Coil-over setup consists of the following:

- Height adjustable spings and dampers
- Rear camber links

The TM3 price $2,682.83 tax in.

The suspension parts only apply to the regular Mazda 3's and not Mazdaspeed version.

Mmmmmmm *drools* tempting.....

But nah....too expensive for me.

wardgroup
02-02-2007, 08:54 AM
so the 2600 is installed and the 1800 is just for the parts?

Wild Weasel
02-02-2007, 10:12 AM
No, the $1800 is for springs and shocks, the $2600 is for adjustable coilovers.

saintjames7
02-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Can someone loan me $1800 ;)

FLIPDADY
02-02-2007, 03:01 PM
so the 2600 is installed and the 1800 is just for the parts?
Parts only!

JPAV8S4U
02-04-2007, 11:03 AM
I think some people are confused here.. Flipspeed put up two seperate prices for the mazdaspeed suspension. The reason here is that there are two different setups you can go with. You can do the normal performance strut... or you can do the coilover setup.... That is why you see two difference prices. But do not include install. I recommend speedtech.... great price and great work!

Effin Itai
08-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Jeff, guess what. You won't see a 4 X 4 the next time you see me! Getting a Mazdaspeed suspension like yours minus the sway bars. Just got new rubber. I can't wait any longer, and the peer pressure is way to much. LOL! PM your price on Speedtech and were they are located. Ciao!

3GFX
08-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Ahhhh man, and I was hoping to get springs before you!!!!

Anyone wanna hook a brother up with some springs?

Kevin@nextmod
08-15-2007, 02:22 AM
should've got the springs first dave.....then get the rims.....

3GFX
08-15-2007, 08:28 AM
I couldn't pass up the deals I got, rims before springs :)

Just shoulda taken you up on your pro-kits (DOH!!!)

b3GS
08-15-2007, 09:36 AM
nice set-up

JPAV8S4U
08-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Jeff, guess what. You won't see a 4 X 4 the next time you see me! Getting a Mazdaspeed suspension like yours minus the sway bars. Just got new rubber. I can't wait any longer, and the peer pressure is way to much. LOL! PM your price on Speedtech and were they are located. Ciao!

Awsome Marco! Im keeping it all the same here... Not changing my set up anymore. Finally... no more 4x4'ing around Woodbridge ;) lol

Effin Itai
08-15-2007, 06:54 PM
I have to go a different route. No MS suspension anymore, just springs. When are you coming to the meets stranger?! LOL!

rcd001
08-15-2007, 11:52 PM

This is only true with the old generation analog cameras. The new type are digital that film actually film a 10 second clip of the car.

The only way to protect against red light cameras now is with a GPS alerts, like a Cheetah speed GPS mirror or when the technology arrives a 3M plastic covers that is connected to the GPS and clouds when near red light cameras.

lancesir
08-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Hey JPAV8S4U do you live in the beaches area? I work there so maybe I'll see your ride sometime, hahaha :)

nicker
10-09-2007, 08:43 PM
wow, I am in the market for some springs. Now I may go with Mazda speeds, Im surprised at how low that actually dropped it, I too thought they were suppose to be mild. That looks almost like a 1.5 to maybe 2" drop.

JPAV8S4U
10-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Hey JPAV8S4U do you live in the beaches area? I work there so maybe I'll see your ride sometime, hahaha :)

Nope.. not in the beaches anymore... Living in Thornhill... Closer to the meets that I should be at ;) lol. Miss the beach.. but I can always drive there! Thanx for the compliments guys and gals!

cisco23
10-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Curious, how much did all that cost you?? I am sure it was worth it in the end... Enjoy

whiteomega
10-10-2007, 10:29 AM
i've got the same setup, minus the swaybars, on my hatch, and it's about a 1.2" drop after everything's settled. i'm not sure why JP's is so low (at least in the first few pics)

pics before and after:
http://www.minions4.net/images/mazdaspeed/mazdaspeed001.jpg
http://www.minions4.net/images/mazdaspeed/mazdaspeed011.jpg

nicker
10-11-2007, 11:41 AM
how are you guys finding the ride with the mazda springs?

whiteomega
10-11-2007, 12:58 PM
i find it's firm but not overly harsh. i'd say it's a little bit softer than a stock s2000.

i will say that on a bad road like Steeles, it really sucks, but for the most part, i haven't had a problem with it. i have the struts on too so that makes the ride a fair bit stiffer.

JPAV8S4U
10-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Id say it is rough..... I drive an 08 Audi TT with the sport suspension(stock) half the week..... and it isnt nearly as rough as the mazda.. That being said... the whole set-up was 1500 ish (hope Joe doesnt kill me for giving that part out)..... Its rough at times..... but that isnt as much the suspension as the roads....Great handling car.... just need a MS3 engine to match with handling.... then youd have some fun!

whiteomega
10-12-2007, 10:35 PM
i really don't find it that bad anymore. maybe i'm just too used to it. don't forget the TT is a really more a grand tourer than a sports car, so the suspension is probably set up to be a bit more compliant.

it could also be my lack of swaybars; the chassis will flex a little bit more, i think with the stock bars. i'm also still running stock wheels and tyres, so i have some give there too.

Edit: best thing to do is come to one of the meets and ask someone to take you for a spin.

JPAV8S4U
10-13-2007, 04:38 PM
i really don't find it that bad anymore. maybe i'm just too used to it. don't forget the TT is a really more a grand tourer than a sports car, so the suspension is probably set up to be a bit more compliant.

it could also be my lack of swaybars; the chassis will flex a little bit more, i think with the stock bars. i'm also still running stock wheels and tyres, so i have some give there too.

Edit: best thing to do is come to one of the meets and ask someone to take you for a spin.

Yeah... the sways make a huge diff..... Not to mention im on 18"s and 40 tires.... and I have the mazdaspeed strut tower bar.....not that it would make a lot of diff on its own... but together with the sways.. I think there could be something there. The TT has a select switch that makes the ride very firm.... still not as bad as the Maz/

whiteomega
10-13-2007, 06:40 PM
ahh, ok. Low profile tyres + sways + strut tower bar + struts + springs = very stiff ride. i'm getting the sways eventually (probably next summer), but i'm not going to 18s and 40 profile...that i think would be too much for me.

lamerking
10-17-2007, 09:42 PM
How much of a drop do the MS springs give? Can't tell by the pics but sure as hell lower than the Eibach Pro kit!

whiteomega
10-19-2007, 02:14 PM
it's a little over a one-inch drop for me. most people think it's stock height until another hatch pulls up next to me.

Edit: that is, aside from club members who obviously know better..

aamir
04-10-2008, 09:13 AM
i find it's firm but not overly harsh. i'd say it's a little bit softer than a stock s2000.

i will say that on a bad road like Steeles, it really sucks, but for the most part, i haven't had a problem with it. i have the struts on too so that makes the ride a fair bit stiffer.

So if I dont get the struts and just get the springs and sway bar, would it still be as stiff? Im just looking to get a decent ride when its lowered, I do a lot of highway driving as well. What would you guys recommend? Thanks

RX9
04-10-2008, 10:18 AM
So if I dont get the struts and just get the springs and sway bar, would it still be as stiff? Im just looking to get a decent ride when its lowered, I do a lot of highway driving as well. What would you guys recommend? Thanks

Get COBB's stageII spring kit. around 600, but you need to wait for new verson sways (old verson has fittment problem) they will issue new one at 2ndQ of 2008.