PDA

View Full Version : Which camber kit do you recommend?

Steven
12-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Well I am in the market looking for camber kit for my car....which is better for my application.....I am running sportlines on my 04 hatch....should i go with the Mazda speed camber kit or the Eibach Camber kit? which is better?

JPAV8S4U
12-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Hey Steven.... I think you can really get a bad camber kit... They are relatively simple... I personally got the MS check out the Performance section for installed pics "MazdaSpeed Full Suspension" heading. They came with my MS springs.... I personally think you should get the MS ones as well. They will make mazda happy if you ever have warranty work as well they look pretty and red :) LOL

wtom
12-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Steven, he means here; http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=15719

sbmonkey
12-13-2006, 12:14 AM
The Eibach camber kit will allow you to adjust the amount of camber to what you want (either back to spec or for your driving style). I would go with that for the Sportlines as the MS camber links are not adjustable and designed to compliment the MS springs (about the same as pro-kit).

Steven
12-13-2006, 09:58 AM
i was looking at that as well....the Eibach Kit is adjustable..

JPAV8S4U
12-13-2006, 10:34 AM
i was looking at that as well....the Eibach Kit is adjustable..

Yup! the Eibach is adjustable... just found that out now! I change my advice to getting the Eibach in your case! That way if you ever change the springs/drop, you can adjust to the proper setting! Great idea! Im stuck with Mazdaspeed.... luckily im more than happy with the drop.

MazdaTree
12-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Yup! the Eibach is adjustable... just found that out now! I change my advice to getting the Eibach in your case! That way if you ever change the springs/drop, you can adjust to the proper setting! Great idea! Im stuck with Mazdaspeed.... luckily im more than happy with the drop.
who installed yours? Ive had mine for a good 2 years now and never got it installed yet

CanadaGTO
12-13-2006, 10:50 AM
The Eibach Alignment Kit is quite resonable cost wise :) Let me know if you'd like a quote.

JPAV8S4U
12-13-2006, 10:54 AM
who installed yours? Ive had mine for a good 2 years now and never got it installed yet

Hey MazdaTree... Mine was installed at Speedtech. Here is the write up and pics of it installed...

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ad.php?t=15719

Steven
12-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Get me a quote!

CanadaGTO
12-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Get me a quote!

PM sent.

mEtH
12-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Just keep in mind that the Eibach camber kit is adjustable but where you adjust it is not in a easy access spot. If you take it for an alignment and they need to adjust it they will have to charge you extra time. In order to adjust it you have to take off the rear wheels, pull out a bolt and then adjust the head. then put it back together again and see what the they line up at again.

The install is not all that hard, some tricky parts because you dont have access to use some of the larger tools. Not bad overall. It might be easiest to get it installed by someone with an alignment setup. Might just end up costing you less...but then again it might end up costing you more.

CanadaGTO
12-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Just keep in mind that the Eibach camber kit is adjustable but where you adjust it is not in a easy access spot. If you take it for an alignment and they need to adjust it they will have to charge you extra time. In order to adjust it you have to take off the rear wheels, pull out a bolt and then adjust the head. then put it back together again and see what the they line up at again.

The install is not all that hard, some tricky parts because you dont have access to use some of the larger tools. Not bad overall. It might be easiest to get it installed by someone with an alignment setup. Might just end up costing you less...but then again it might end up costing you more.

Good points.

However, I'd always recommend doing an alignment when doing any suspension work, even the Mazdaspeed kit :)

mEtH
12-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Yah, I installed my own kit and set the camber to stock settings. That way the mechanic can start from scratch for the adjustment.

Steven
12-15-2006, 12:03 PM
methodyst, what kit are you running? and when you do get the kit installed, how hard it it to set it to stock settings, cuz im doing my own install at home and i want mine to be at stock settings..

mEtH
12-15-2006, 01:35 PM
I got the eibach kit on and the instructions that come with it that are on a piece of paper the size of a napkin should tell you. The instructions do not include an installation walk through so check out M3F for a walkthrough. Theres 2 floating around, one of which tells you how to set it to mazdaspeed camber kit settings. I never did that though because I need more of an adjustment then that...and my kit was already on before that one came out.

mEtH
12-22-2006, 06:53 PM
One thing I forgot to mention...Do keep in mind that after it is adjusted it will increase your wheel gap, not positive why but it does. I would think that it would make your tires tuck a little but nope increased wheel gap.

Jetlag
12-23-2006, 01:18 AM
Is it really necessary to have a camber kit with less than a 2" drop on our cars? I have the Tein h-tech, which has a very mild drop of 1" or less. Or is it better to be safe than sorry? At this point, I haven't really noticed any excessive tire wire since my springs have been installed.

SABIO
12-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Is it really necessary to have a camber kit with less than a 2" drop on our cars? I have the Tein h-tech, which has a very mild drop of 1" or less. Or is it better to be safe than sorry? At this point, I haven't really noticed any excessive tire wire since my springs have been installed.

NO! It is not needed. Ignore the advertising and the people that put them on *Just Because*.

You do Not need a camber kit.

mEtH
12-29-2006, 04:58 PM

You shouldn't have anything to worry about, next time you get an aligment done, just as the tech how far out of spec you are for the rear.

As for myself I was way out and really needed a kit thrown on. My tires start to feather in every so often and would like to keep my tires for longer periods of time. Not to mention my rear rims would always have a completely different lighting in pictures because my camber was really bad.

As for the comment of people putting them on just because, there are some people putting them on with very mild drops (correction, alot of people on M3F) and well its money out of their wallet and not yours Sabs. But I hope you do also realize that some people do need it. Atleast Jetlag is asking...=P

derrick
12-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Any drop 2" or lower will most likely be out of Mazda's spec. I am dropped on CM springs, 1.75" all around, and I (and many others) are JUST within spec and have no tire wear issues.

xg3
02-12-2007, 02:53 PM
i got h-tech and my tires look pretty bang up on the inside after 2 years.
i am now going for a camber kit...

active3s
04-04-2007, 07:26 PM
You do need a camber kit.
I had the S-Techs on my 05 3 SDN and after 15000 miles my rear tires had a bad wear in the inside. Teh S-Techs only gave it a 1.5" drop. So imagine with Sportlines, CM or SKUNKs. This time I made sure that I got the kit to included with the Sportlines. Tires are not cheap
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/us_brats_2/2007%20mazda%203%20Sport%20Touring/DSCF2170.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/us_brats_2/2007%20mazda%203%20Sport%20Touring/DSCF2175.jpg

Steven
04-04-2007, 08:27 PM
that looks sweet man.....i just picked up my camber kit yesterday from tires23....how did you adjust your settings on the camber kit?

chinsterr
04-05-2007, 12:26 AM
is it me , or does it look like you have bad camber ? despite the kit ...

royroy
04-05-2007, 12:52 AM
i got the eibach camber kit.. and when i went to woodbridge for alignment.. then adjust the camber for me too =P

b
04-05-2007, 01:03 AM
Your lowered black 3 looks really good.

ArManI
04-05-2007, 06:03 PM
if camber kit correct the rear tire, wut to correct the front?
i got my 2 brand-new front tires bold in the inner side after an alignment and usage of one summer
and i am still search for the reason that caused that~

Sean80
04-19-2007, 09:38 PM
if camber kit correct the rear tire, wut to correct the front?
i got my 2 brand-new front tires bold in the inner side after an alignment and usage of one summer
and i am still search for the reason that caused that~

Did you get an allignment done when you installed the springs??

active3s
04-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Alright, hope this helps.

THIS IS MY 2005 3s(2.3) Sedan
2" Drop (Front) 1.5" Drop (Back)
With TEIN S-Techs , No Alignment kit
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/us_brats_2/Adjustments.jpg

This is My 2007 3 STR (2.3)Sedan
2" Drop (Front) 1.9" Drop (Back)
With EIBACHS Sportline springs and Camber/Alignment Kit
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/us_brats_2/07alig.jpg

Notice that the camber on my '05 3 camber was not adjustable and that was just with a 1.5" drop on the back. SO imagine how bad my camber would of been with the sportlines. I realy did not experience bad wear with the frontires. I could only say it could be from bad alignment for bad wear. If you are planning to have your 3 just fro autocrossing, save your self the $200 and stay with the factory links. If you are usisng it as a daily driver but wanted dropped, you will need the camber/alignment kit. If you are going to get one, make sure its a MAZDA3/Ford Focus Alignment Kit. They are curved in order to prvent issues with the rest of the suspention parts. Do not get the Straight looking one. Have a chance of snapping...

Oh yeah. The reason why you dont see big difference on the second adjustment (-2, 38)is because when I installed them I gave it about a 3/8" more so it would not be so bad to get to the shop to get it correctly.

bb1999jan17
04-26-2007, 02:43 AM
anyone suggests any shops that know how to adjust that camber kit properly?

royroy
04-26-2007, 03:17 AM
anyone suggests any shops that know how to adjust that camber kit properly?

i got mine done at woodbridge..

active3s
04-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Any shop can make adjustments.Hell, even you can do it to, Its to easy. The front is adjustable also, dont need a kit. The only reason you have to take it to a shop to do proper alignment is because of your TOE on front. With the S-Techs you will have mad TOE settings because of the way the TEINs make the 3 sit.(LOWER ON FRONT THAN THE BACK) Thats one reason some people have excessive wear on the inside on the front compared to the back when they dont do alignment. Thats not because the camber.
With the Sportlines you only have to worry about TOE on both if you add from 1/8 to 1/4 inches + on the adjustment link compared to the stock one; if you install it. And yes, you do get more gapping when adjusting your camber in the rear. The more you adjust out(+) the more it push out-out-wards and lifts the suspention. Well, sort off...

This is my setting now with the SPORTLINES, Camber/Alignment Kit and on 18"s at +45MM Off Set, 215/40 tires. Just a hair under a inch gap...
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/us_brats_2/2007%20mazda%203%20Sport%20Touring/DSCF2332.jpg

Flagrum_3
04-27-2007, 05:23 AM
Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd chime in here....Question; Does anyone have the shop manual for the Mazda 3 and if so could they possibly post the requirements and procedures for aligning our vehicle? I'm just wondering what the proper procedure is....eg; Any weights required on any seats, full tank/empty etc;

Thanks,

_3

BLKOUT
04-27-2007, 09:03 AM
3sActice, those are some nice rims!

active3s
04-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks on the comments. I have the service shop manual CD for the 3. Requirements. Need alignment station, need to have some sense on what you are doing....

bb1999jan17
04-28-2007, 09:17 AM
3sActice, nice car, you don't rub? because i see from the picture that rear tire might hit the fender, what's your camber at rear, my rear rub before i adjust the camber, i did it myself, i know i should have it done professionally at the shop, i'm running on the same size and offset, thanks.

sorry, you posted, lol

active3s
04-28-2007, 10:57 AM
3sActice, nice car, you don't rub? because i see from the picture that rear tire might hit the fender, what's your camber at rear, my rear rub before i adjust the camber, i did it myself, i know i should have it done professionally at the shop, i'm running on the same size and offset, thanks.

sorry, you posted, lol
No rub. I also did not need to roll my fenders like I did with my 2005. The 2007 has little lip on the rear in which the tire will not hit because the travel up and inwards, not straight up...
Same thing with the front. Except that the fron has close to no lip. They are sort off rolled in already. not like the earlier model...