PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Mazda - Accomodating - ok, changing my mind on that!

Broli
12-14-2006, 01:57 PM
So, i was surprised,

I just got off the phone with Ontario Mazda, i had went in a few months ago to complain about how they installed my hood deflector incorectly, and it resulted in damage to the hood, after a lot of problems, they agreed that it was there fault and that they would fix it.

I told them i was busy i would be back to do it at another time.

So i called them today to book an appointment for after christmas. and sure i had to remind them of the case, but they were accomodating and i think this will be my first happy dealing with them.

We will see, the service manger still has to talk to me, but we spoke b4, and i am sure he will remember

i will keep u updated, but has ontario mazda been getting better???

Wild Weasel
12-14-2006, 02:03 PM
How did they do it wrong and screw up your hood? Did they put the bumpers on the deflector or something?

wtom
12-14-2006, 02:53 PM
UTFS you newb :P

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=14060&highlight=deflector+ontario

Broli
12-14-2006, 03:03 PM
How did they do it wrong and screw up your hood? Did they put the bumpers on the deflector or something?

what he said!

and yeah

they put em on wrong

bumpons on the deflector!

arg

Wild Weasel
12-14-2006, 03:08 PM
UTFS you newb :P

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=14060&highlight=deflector+ontario

heh. Well at least I guessed the problem correctly. :)

Not the first time I've seen this happen.

Broli
12-14-2006, 03:10 PM
i just wish i had taken off the deflector and noticed sooner!

thats what i get for washing with the deflector on!
lol

MAZDA Kitten
12-14-2006, 10:01 PM
YES!
Ontario Mazda is getting a A LOT better with Kevin (service advisor) there
He's an awesome guy to deal with

bubba1983
12-15-2006, 07:34 AM
u mean, u didn't install the unibrow yoruself?
for SHAME!!

Broli
12-16-2006, 05:57 PM
if i did

u think it would be backawards!?

farking noobs working at ontario mazda

Broli
12-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Ok, dealt with them!

And Kevin is a great guy to deal with!!

They finished my car in one day instead of 3,

Other than Kevin, the other guys i dealt with, were not that great,

but kevin got it done for me,

they ended up fixing the dents and buffing the hood, and it is pretty good,

the worst of the 5 dents is perfectly repaired, there is a little splotch in the

finish there, but it is better than a repaint!

overall, I am pleased with their service, i had to ask them to do things, but

they did them. also, they washed my car (i know it is a courtesy, however,

when i used to go to them b4 my car would always be filthy when i got it

back)

the summary!

Ontario Mazda has gottten better for service, however, when you call them, ask for Kevin!!!

- Alex

MAZDA Kitten
01-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Kevin is getting a 6 pack for the new year from me :D
He always goes above and beyond

Broli
01-01-2007, 07:57 PM
for sure,

unfortunately i will have to call him back, i noticed that there is a hole in my hood, not a hole, but a screw that was holding on the deflector went thru its protection and thru the paint right to the metal, will have to get Kevin to get it fixed up for me, some touch up and a little buffing or something.

he does a good job, and i'll get him a six pack too!

lol

now comes the dilema, do i switch to ontario mazda or continue at westowne where i have a complete service record??

Broli
01-08-2007, 10:11 PM
i called today to talk to Kevin, and he is gone!?!?!

that answers my question of whether to change to Ontario Mazda,

this is sad news for anyone who deals with this dealership!

MAZDA Kitten
01-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Very sad news
I know he wasnt happy since the new service manager took over
Well anyways I will be there tomorrow because my window trim finally came in so I will see how it goes (they broke it)

Broli
01-08-2007, 11:36 PM
too bad it wasnt a different day, else i woulda came by to get my stuff finsihed.

i have dealt with the new service manager, and he has been very accomdating of my situation. not one attempt to blame me!

Broli
01-11-2007, 12:19 AM
just as a note.

I dealt with Alan on the phone today, very good customer service. I will let you know more after i deal with him in person.

Broli
02-22-2007, 12:01 AM
well, more update!

so, i had been dealing with Alan for the last little while.

He told me that to fix the damage the screw cause to my hood, they would need to put a bubble of touch-up paint over the area, and then they could get their body guy to wetsand the area and polish it up.

I told him, i dont care what they do so long as i am satisfied with the outcome, and that if i am not, i will make them do it again. He agreed.

So, since it was cold weather he told me to come in on a couple of saturdays in a row, and he applied the touch-up paint (himself, he is not a service person???) he used a paint pen (which i made the order for me, even though i have one, cause . . screw them, its there fault)

so each time i came in, i was there for 2 hours, i know he wanted to let the car warm up, but 30 mins should have been enough . . .

each time i waited half the time in the garage and half the time in the waiting room. when in the garage the mechanics kept wonder what the hell i was doing there. a few times they asked me to move the car, but i told them the can go ahead and move it, it is a tight squeeze in there, and no way i am gonna take the heat for hitting something (not likely to happen, but not my risk eitherway)

so i was supposed call him a week after the final touch-up , to schedule a time when i could come drop off the car, and get a loaner and go have it fixed. i got sick, so i waited an extra week.

so i called yesterday . . .

Guess what, Alan no longer works there . . .

so first i was dealing with Kevin . . . then he was gone

next i was dealing with Alan . . . . then he was gone

starting to piss me off, cause i have to keep going over the same things again.

so this time, i called and i spoke directly with the service manger, he said he will arrange to get it fixed for me, and he will call me tommorow (friday) to set up something for next week.

I am certain that what Alan was doing was not the way to do it, it was a way to do it, but not the way it would have been done if i just left it there with them.

i suspect that this little chip in the paint that they caused will be an annoying problem for me straight into the spring . . .

This is why i dont like dealing with this dealership . . always giving you the run around, very disorganized and a pain in my ass everytime i go.

i have yelled at them enough (like 5) times!

cant wait to be done with them.

so

beware with Ontario Mazda . . . they are a pain in the ass.

Wild Weasel
02-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Honestly... I think they should have sanded it down and repainted the hood.

But I'm curious to hear about how this turns out for you. So long as you can't see it when they're done, all is well right?

Broli
02-22-2007, 10:50 AM
i am figured the would have done that too!

but i also figured, that if i wastn't happy with what they do, i will demand they do just that!

mit-gee-mui
02-22-2007, 12:07 PM
See, the thing about many dealerships is that if you don't own the place, the staff turnover tends to be VERY quick.

If you go in for service one time, you may get great service, but if you go in the next time, the person may no longer be working there, and you're back to where you started.

MAZDA Kitten
02-22-2007, 12:09 PM
I would complain to Mazda Canada
I am sure they have a nice big fat folder with my name on it everytime I complained about Ontario Mazda (lets not forget they almost killed me... literally... by leaving two lug nuts on my car and here I am driving home ... la la la.. all the way to Hamilton.... la la la ... on the highway... with two lug nuts on each rim LOL)

Atleast I hope Alex still works there

Anyways; their turn over at the dealership is ridiculous. Is it the same for every other dealership?

Broli
02-22-2007, 01:27 PM
i am planning on complaining, after my work is done,
lol

or if it is not done satisfactoraly

i understand high turnover . .. but this is crazy, never seem this at other dealerships i have went to!

Broli
03-28-2007, 10:50 AM
well, i decided not to complain,

mostly cause John Cameron, the service manager, is a good guy.

he got it taken care of for me.

and i made them send it back again, cause when the first called me to pick it up, the job was terrible.

however, when i got it back from the body shop the second time, it was really really nice, super happy with the end result, the 8 months it took to get to it . . . well that was annoying.

MAZDA Kitten
03-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah
Even more annoying waiting a week and a half for a loaner

bubba1983
03-28-2007, 11:28 AM
or not having your hood painted right off teh get go

MAZDA Kitten
03-28-2007, 11:39 AM
This is true

Broli
03-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah
Even more annoying waiting a week and a half for a loaner

hello i waited like 3 weeks for a loaner . . .

haha

bubbs . . . i wish i just had it painted off the get go, but they didn't want to do it! at least not at first!

ds2chan
03-28-2007, 11:58 AM
well, i decided not to complain,

mostly cause John Cameron, the service manager, is a good guy.

he got it taken care of for me.

and i made them send it back again, cause when the first called me to pick it up, the job was terrible.

however, when i got it back from the body shop the second time, it was really really nice, super happy with the end result, the 8 months it took to get to it . . . well that was annoying.

damn.. all that trouble for a hood deflector.. at least you got it all fixed..

you should call back in a few weeks and see if John Cameron is still at the dealership..

MAZDA Kitten
03-28-2007, 12:01 PM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LOL!!!!

So true ^^^^

Broli
03-28-2007, 12:03 PM
ROFLMAO

damn, Dave, that was ur best joke ever!!!!

MK, let me know if he is still there next time u go for service . . .

XD

MAZDA Kitten
03-28-2007, 12:29 PM
what is "XD"

Broli
03-28-2007, 12:35 PM
its a closed eyes smilie

James_N
03-29-2007, 10:43 AM
oh John is still there. i was there yesterday getttin my 40k service done. Not too bad in and out around 30mins. I brought the car in filthy, came back sparkling clean :)

Caz
03-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow, all that for a hood deflector.

Broli
03-29-2007, 12:15 PM
hey it was a dead sexy hood deflector!

:P

mike_moss
03-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Haven't had a good experience at Ontario Mazda yet.

Sucks since they're only a few mins drive from my place, but I'd rather drive to another dealer if I need something.

MAZDA Kitten
03-29-2007, 03:42 PM
that stupid friggin unibrow

Mazda Boy
04-28-2007, 07:56 PM
watch out this place, mechanics get paid by "flat rate". This means that they have to upsell you items or works to make a living. You normally see a lot of "unnecessary expenses" come out, such as "alignment" even within one-year old. Be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:loco

James_N
04-29-2007, 09:19 AM
watch out this place, mechanics get paid by "flat rate". This means that they have to upsell you items or works to make a living. You normally see a lot of "unnecessary expenses" come out, such as "alignment" even within one-year old. Be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:loco

funny how u say that..since my 24k they keep telling me i need an alignment. i was like what for? alignment after 1 year? a year later stock tires are still goin strong with minimal wearing on tires.

sauga_kid
05-01-2007, 08:42 AM
I agree, not a big fan of Ontario Mazda, bought my car from there (didn't know about MoT at the time) and was getting it serviced there at first, took way too long most of the time. Read, heard and experienced way too many bad things about them so haven't been there for a couple of years now. I randomly get a letter in the mail saying "We haven't seen you in a while..." I say to myself, really? does that tell you something?

alankuo
04-01-2010, 11:41 PM
as new General Manager, my policy is simple and easy....................CUSTOMER SERVICE FIRST......................Ontario Mazda will bring the top level of customer services.................

ERTW-06
04-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Have been a loyal Airpot Mazda customer for years....multiple vehicles...Ontario Mazda came out on top for me when it came time to purchase my vehicle from lease!! Never stepped foot inside their dealership and they treated me as a loyal customer..Airport was going to charge me 4 Times the amount Ontario Mazda did..

I'm glad all I had to do to save money was send Alan an email!!

Hope it stays like that..

JonsMazda
04-16-2010, 01:26 PM
More details please.

lucki_87
04-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah.. need more details :(
i don't mean to be mean to a newbie but we had experiences before where dealerships come with new accounts to boost their sales.
people would listen more if they can believe you are telling the truth :) and help everyone save money

Have been a loyal Airpot Mazda customer for years....multiple vehicles...Ontario Mazda came out on top for me when it came time to purchase my vehicle from lease!! Never stepped foot inside their dealership and they treated me as a loyal customer..Airport was going to charge me 4 Times the amount Ontario Mazda did..

I'm glad all I had to do to save money was send Alan an email!!

Hope it stays like that..

SKYMP3
04-16-2010, 04:42 PM
as new General Manager, my policy is simple and easy....................CUSTOMER SERVICE FIRST......................Ontario Mazda will bring the top level of customer services.................

LOL. most company say the same thing, but who actually does that? not much.
No offense, but the comment is pretty much useless

http://www.ontariomazda.ca/contact.htm
it seems like the whole staff line changed, is it?
It wasnt the same people that I meet there last time....except for the Frank and Susan

Krazy
04-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah.. need more details :(
i don't mean to be mean to a newbie but we had experiences before where dealerships come with new accounts to boost their sales.
people would listen more if they can believe you are telling the truth :) and help everyone save money

lol this was actually me -_-
was on my roommate's comp and didn't realize it was his account lol

alankuo
04-16-2010, 09:19 PM
My commitment to all our potential and sold customers is very simple........................"EVERY CUSTOMER COUNTS", and this is the culture of "ONTARIO MAZDA", please feel free to contact me at any time for anything related to your automotive needs, I will be very pleased to provide you all the best possible services.

mazdaagain
05-30-2010, 12:07 AM
I work near Ontario Mazda so I have had numerous dealings with them since it is easier to drop off my car while at work. Here are my experiences so far :

1) Took my car in for an oil change. Told them that I needed it back at a specific time and they told me no problem. Called in later in the day and was told that my car would be ready a the promised time. Got dropped to pick it up and it was still parked in the same spot as when I dropped it off. It never moved and they never got the service done. Went inside and they did not apologize or anything. they just told me that if I waited for 45 minutes that they would do it. I told them that I had specified that I needed it done by a specific time as was assured that was not a problem.
2) have a rust issue with my car on the rear door pillars. Talked to one of the service managers. He told me to bring the car in on a certain day after 1 pm so the body shop guy could see it. I showed up at 1:15pm. The service manager was not there. The body shop guy was not there. I asked another service manager why they would ask me to come in if neither was there and should they not have called to let me know. She threw attitude at me and told me that I was late anyway ignoring the fact that neither person I was suppopsed to see was even there!!
Finally got the car looked at and was told I would get an answer if the repair would be covered within 3-4 weeks. That was back in January. I am still waiting ... it's been 5 months now and still no answer. Every time I call, I am told that I will have an answer in a few days and then I never get a call back. I have to chase them down again. Supposed to get an answer by Tues ... ya ... we'll see.
3) was thinking about getting new wheels and was in the area so I stopped in to check out the Mazda 6. Talked to a sales guy who was very enthusiastic about helping out. I wanted to test drive a 6 with a manual, he went to check and said none were on the lot. He wanted my phone number to call me when it came in. I told him I preferred not to give out my number (I hate car salesmen harrassing me by calling me) and that I would come back. He turned on his heel and walked away from me. I asked him if he had a 6 in blue on the lot as I wanted to see what the colour looked like in person. He basically snorted at me and said "Go outside and look, there is probably one out there somewhere". I thought that was very rude and was amazed at the sudden change in attitude. I told him so and told him that he just lost a sale because there was no way I would buy a car from him now.

Overall, if I didn't work around the corner, I would never go to this dealership again.

stugautz
11-09-2010, 12:19 PM

Waited 5 minutes on the phone to ask about an alignment. Never did speak to the service department, I gave up waiting. Is this the customer service first mentality they are speaking of?

Blue_Jinnee
12-14-2010, 06:51 PM
This is my last time going to Ontario Mazda, Here's the story short:
- Wanted to fix some damage in my car, (tranny oil cooler leakage)
- Asked for diagnose ($55 and change)
- The Damage bill came up to $2200 (including tax) - I have no F'ing clue why!!
- I asked for my keys back because I don't want to pay that much, and the lady on the service desk (Fatima) kept harassing me about how I will loose my PowerTrain warranty if I take my car, and that I can't drive it to home (even tho I did drove it to them!!) and if I want my car I have to get a tow truck or loose my warranty!!! so after few phone calls i managed to have a caa truck in to tow my car. I asked her for the keys again, she had papers ready for me to sign (disclaimer of warranty _ WTF??) so it's either you fix the car here or loose your warranty!! and we are gonna give u hard time for not doing business with us!!!
- Anyways the end of story, her manager came and made the situation even worst!! I didn't sign the papers... and took my car and left.
- am still looking for alternative to get my car fixed!!!

DualSoul
12-15-2010, 05:53 AM
^ Though that sounds ridiculous, I'm curious what they explained as going to cost $2200. They should have written down an assessment of the work that they thought needed doing. If so, bring it to another dealership/independant mechanic and get a second opinion.

Blue_Jinnee
12-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes I did get a detailed list of the parts needed which would cost more than 1k, after looking around I was able to get the same parts (new) for $250. But it's the customer service, the way they were treating me and the harassment I got for not wanting to do business with them!

JonsMazda
12-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Report to BBB & Mazda Canada

kckev99
01-31-2011, 01:56 PM
I would have to give Ontario Mazda a 6/10 for the Service department.

When i got my car back:
1. the car smelled like some sort of chemical lubricant in the passenger compartment. I was told nothing can be done and it will smell that way for a few days because what they did to fix the squeaks in the clutch pedal

2. My squeak went away but a loud clicking noise appeared. I returned the car and the advisor kept insisting nothing could be done. Until I asked if i could compare the noise to a brand new Mazda on the lot. He finally agreed to replace the part instead.

3. I did not ask for a tire rotation and I was initially charged for one. I told the advisor that I did not need one since my winter tires were brand new and I had only 3000kms on it. Besides who rotates their tires at 8000kms? Mercedes does there service intervals at 16 000kms while they use high performance tires that wear even faster than our stock rock hard POS tires. Cash grab.

My conclusion I may not consider returning to Ontario Mazda after I have the clutch switch replaced.

See this thread for explanation: http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?50607-First-Dealership-service-8600-kms-for-my-2010-Mazda-3

zzz3
02-01-2011, 05:57 PM
i was tempted on going back for my next service since they sent me a letter offering an oil change/filter special for $24.95 but after reading stories like this id rather pay $10 extra and keep going to QEW Mazda.

kckev99
02-10-2011, 11:15 AM
I would have to give Ontario Mazda a 6/10 for the Service department.

When i got my car back:
1. the car smelled like some sort of chemical lubricant in the passenger compartment. I was told nothing can be done and it will smell that way for a few days because what they did to fix the squeaks in the clutch pedal

2. My squeak went away but a loud clicking noise appeared. I returned the car and the advisor kept insisting nothing could be done. Until I asked if i could compare the noise to a brand new Mazda on the lot. He finally agreed to replace the part instead.

3. I did not ask for a tire rotation and I was initially charged for one. I told the advisor that I did not need one since my winter tires were brand new and I had only 3000kms on it. Besides who rotates their tires at 8000kms? Mercedes does there service intervals at 16 000kms while they use high performance tires that wear even faster than our stock rock hard POS tires. Cash grab.

My conclusion I may not consider returning to Ontario Mazda after I have the clutch switch replaced.

See this thread for explanation: http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?50607-First-Dealership-service-8600-kms-for-my-2010-Mazda-3

It's been a week and a half and have not heard back from Ontario Mazda yet about the replacement part that was ordered for me. Oh well... rest assured I'm never going back to that dealer ever again. Mean while QEW Mazda even offered to look at my issues and give me a loaner for my convenience. That's what I call customer service. I told them I would consider their offer during my next oil change to at least give them some business for offering to look at my car and providing me a loaner.

NEVER GOING BACK to Ontario Mazda again!

SKYMP3
02-10-2011, 06:21 PM
NEVER GOING BACK to Ontario Mazda again!

Key word of the whole tread. :)