PDA

View Full Version : Tow hook cover

jl_1978
02-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Someone I know bumped my car in a parking lot and my tow hook cover broke(I didn't notice it and found out the next day). I noticed a piece of styrofoam seemed to have broken off inside the bumper.

I bought a replacement cover, but have no clue how to install it. Is there suppose to be something where the hole is that it clips onto that may have broken? The cover has a big arrow on it that doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the hole.

Thanks.

3GFX
02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
I think it's just supposed to snap in. The arrow usually points down. Check your manual.

majic
02-13-2007, 06:43 PM
broken styrofoam usually means less protection for the frame of the car in case of a frontal crash .. how hard was that hit?!?!?!?! i guess u didn't see it.. lets hope it doesn't affect your car's safety

b
02-13-2007, 07:12 PM
I've taken mine in and out a few times to be towed. It just clips in and out. I didn't notice any markings and it only ever took me 2 seconds to snap it back in... strange. If my car wasn't covered in 1/2 a foot of snow now... I would go check.

MAZDA Kitten
02-14-2007, 09:17 AM
I've taken mine in and out a few times to be towed. It just clips in and out. I didn't notice any markings and it only ever took me 2 seconds to snap it back in... strange. If my car wasn't covered in 1/2 a foot of snow now... I would go check.

wow only half a foot?

You're lucky because I have 4-5 foot snow drifts around my car :)

b
02-14-2007, 07:29 PM
wow only half a foot?

You're lucky because I have 4-5 foot snow drifts around my car :)

Lol ya I posted that at 7pm last night. Today we have 2.5 feet of snow outside. Oakville has 1/3 of that. I couldn't get my car down my street today. Damn prokit!