PDA

View Full Version : What shocks to use?

+--SM M3--+
02-27-2007, 12:54 PM
For those of you who have lowered your car...just with springs...are you still running on the stock shocks? Or have you changed your shocks? and if you did, which ones would you recommend?

I still haven't lowered mine...so there's a wheelgap i can fit my head in ... lol

so i'm just tryin to decide what's the best setup....any input from anyone??

Thanks!

S.F.W.
02-27-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm a lowered on Eibach Prokit's. Right now I am running stock shocks, but in the spring I will likely look at Koni Yellow shocks.

Broli
02-27-2007, 02:15 PM
would kind of depend!

u going for performance ride, or just a nice looking drop!

i am dropped on prokits, haven't changed shocks!
i am happy with the look and ride personally!

edit: if i look at shocks, no plan to yet, i will look at Koni Yellows also!

FLIPDADY
02-27-2007, 02:21 PM
You need to ask what the best set-up is Stacey?:chuckle

Mazdaspeed all the way!

I'm on my 2nd set of Tein S-Techs and I'm still riding on the stock shocks. The first was put on Nov./04 no issues yet.

CanadaGTO
02-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Gonna agree with Broli on this one.

For most mild drops, stockers will last quite a while and the ride, though being harsher, should be fine :)

The more the drop, the quicker the shocks will wear out, but unless you're going for a performance ride, you may as well save your cash until they bust and you have to replace them :)

Good luck with whatever you choose though, dropping a 3 can really look sweet.

justin
02-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Koni Yellows for me... We should setup a GB since so many ppl want them.

CanadaGTO
02-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Koni Yellows for me... We should setup a GB since so many ppl want them.

If we can get 5 people I might be able to get a deal on them.

+--SM M3--+
02-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Of course MazdaSpeed is the best setup...but i dunno if i can afford them coilovers..even with the discount :P ill have to loook into that...

and it's STACY with NO E!!!! lol

I was wondering about the shocks b/c i was curious as to how damaging it would be with aftermarket springs and stock shocks...

Kevin@nextmod
02-27-2007, 07:13 PM
No no.... Joe is talking about the MS shocks. I believe they sell them for $680 tax in. I bet flippy can do better then that for you ;)

As for damaging the stock shocks, if you're not lowered on S-techs or sportlines, i'm pretty sure they will last up to 2 years or even more depending how much you drive with them.

I love my Koni yellows :)

+--SM M3--+
02-27-2007, 08:27 PM
actually mazdaspeed only makes coilover suspension they dont have just mazdaspeed shocks for the 3 unfortunately...

koni yellows eh? maybe ill try those!

justin
02-27-2007, 09:49 PM
If we can get 5 people I might be able to get a deal on them.

That would be awesome... let us know!!! And count me in for a set if you can get this setup.

Kevin@nextmod
02-27-2007, 10:31 PM
actually mazdaspeed only makes coilover suspension they dont have just mazdaspeed shocks for the 3 unfortunately...

koni yellows eh? maybe ill try those!

Yes they do. Go check with Joe. I'm 100% positive they have it for our 3.
Domokun on this board just sold his to someone like a month ago.

■ Sport Dampers
These sport dampers feature increased damping rates.
Front Right . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . QBKA-34-700
Front Left . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . QBKA-34-900
Rear (2 required) . . . . . . . . . . QBKA-28-700

saintjames7
02-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Yes they do. Go check with Joe. I'm 100% positive they have it for our 3.
Domokun on this board just sold his to someone like a month ago.

■ Sport Dampers
These sport dampers feature increased damping rates.
Front Right . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . QBKA-34-700
Front Left . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . QBKA-34-900
Rear (2 required) . . . . . . . . . . QBKA-28-700

I agree with Pearly. I'm looking at the picture of them right now in the mazdaspeed catalouge

+--SM M3--+
02-28-2007, 07:31 PM
I agree with Pearly. I'm looking at the picture of them right now in the mazdaspeed catalouge

yea you're all right...my bad...i just saw them too

FLIPDADY
02-28-2007, 09:44 PM
[quote=+--SM M3--+;154305]actually mazdaspeed only makes coilover suspension they dont have just mazdaspeed shocks for the 3 unfortunately...
quote]
:loco

That's it Stacy I'm gonna have a little chat with Dennis.

Chuckie
02-28-2007, 10:19 PM
but i've seen the ms shocks
i know what they look like. they're blue and have FoMoCo printed on it.
*runs and hides*

+--SM M3--+
02-28-2007, 11:23 PM
[quote=+--SM M3--+;154305]actually mazdaspeed only makes coilover suspension they dont have just mazdaspeed shocks for the 3 unfortunately...
quote]
:loco

That's it Stacy I'm gonna have a little chat with Dennis.

i was WRONG!!! they DO make Shocks....

justin
03-01-2007, 09:41 AM
I ordered the Koni Yellow last night from Vlad... Looking forward to them.... anyone on here have them? What do you think of them?

Kevin@nextmod
03-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Make sur eyou know how to tune them to the right setting. Depends what you prefer, if you like comfy then i guess you MIGHT be disappointed as these are really kinda built for track and hard use. If you want stiff make sure you do'nt make it stiff as hell making it either under steer or over steer.
It took me quite a while with vincent at motor workshop to tune it right for my setup.

wtom
03-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Daily drivers getting Koni Yellows should leave the setting at the softest setting.

MAZDA Kitten
03-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm running S-techs for about 60 or 70,000km i think now?
Still on stock shocks
Still good

b
03-01-2007, 08:11 PM
For those of you who have lowered your car...just with springs...are you still running on the stock shocks? Or have you changed your shocks? and if you did, which ones would you recommend?

I still haven't lowered mine...so there's a wheelgap i can fit my head in ... lol

so i'm just tryin to decide what's the best setup....any input from anyone??

Thanks!

I am on Prokit. Stock shocks. I have no issues. Rides very nice on stock shocks.

Chuckie
03-03-2007, 12:15 AM
I am on Prokit. Stock shocks. I have no issues. Rides very nice on stock shocks.

+1

chu
03-03-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm running on MS shocks with Tein S-tech, happy with them. great combo.