PDA

View Full Version : traded in an '05 Volvo S60-T5 for my Mazda 3 Sport GT with Lux.pkg.!!

Chef
02-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Hello all,
Nice to find a Mazda 3 community for Toronto!!
As the title of my thread reads,,,I traded in a smoking hot Volvo S60-T5 for my new '07 Mazda 3 Sport GT with luxury package, and couldn't be happier.

Reason for the switch?
I started a new job in August at Queen and Yonge and now take "the better way" (subway) to work and didn't feel I needed to have a $60,000 car sitting in the subway station parking lot for 12 hours a day while I'm at work,,,and on the weekends, we take the Honda Odyssey everywhere.

Why am I so happy about the switch?
I'm driving a MANUAL transmission again!
I'm saving $200/month on the lease rate alone, plus another $65 on insurance.
Believe it or not, the Mazda has MORE options than my Volvo did: Aux. input for my iPod, HID's...WAAYYY!!! more bang for the buck with the Mazda.
All-in-all, a much more fun to drive car, all'round.

It might not exactly have all of the safety features, or the size of the Volvo,,,but for a car that I drive 5 minutes to and from the subway station every day, and on occasional errands in the evenings and weekends it's fantastic!

Chef.

Wild Weasel
02-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the club!

CanadaGTO
02-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Welcom Chef. Love most of the Volvo lineup (really only don't like the SUV).

Be sure to come to some meets, lotsa nice Mazda's around, though we have to put up with a Sunfire sometimes :)

b
02-27-2007, 08:51 PM
though we have to put up with a Sunfire sometimes :)

Ha ha ha. Welcome to the club Chef. Do you have your own resturant?

saintjames7
02-27-2007, 10:28 PM
You forgot to tell us which colour you got???

3GFX
02-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Welcome man! Glad you like the switch!

EvilEric
02-27-2007, 11:22 PM
That's a nice volvo model but glad you came to Mazda. Welcome to the club!

Broli
02-28-2007, 07:55 AM
welcome to the club chef, not go fix me a steak dinner! (edit: to early for steak!)

lol

j/k

tell us a bit about ur car, and if you have any plans for ur car

Chef
02-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the warm reception guys!

No, I don't own a restaurant,, I'm a "Bay-streeter" at a brokerage shop downtown. The nickname 'Chef' was given to me years ago by my friends, as cooking is a very serious hobby of mine,,,some people paint, some play a musical instrument,,,I cook,,very stress relieving for me and did help me land a wife!!

Oh yeah,,,I got the 'black mica'. My truck before the Volvo was black (Volvo was silver),,and I really missed having a super-clean black vehicle,,,there's nothing quite like to look of it.

I live in the west end of the city and would be interested in attending any meets or get-togethers around the city.

Again, thanks very much for the warm welcome.

Chef.

Broli
02-28-2007, 08:45 AM
ahhh, so maybe u will have some tips for us at the BBQ

lol,

westend is in hibernation, lol,
but we are starting to get in gear for the season.

there will be a meet march 8th, will be posted in the meets sections soon.

monday westend meets will start up again in april

looking forward to meeting ya at a meet!

welcome once again!

Chef
03-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Well that's depressing.

It turns out that due to the CN Rail strike, that I would have had to wait "...3 weeks BEST CASE scenario"(according to the dealer) to get a black GT with luxury package with a 5speed.

Apparently the only 3 GT's in black with a 5speed are sitting in port in Vancouver.

Not a single one in Ontario,,,so I took a silver with a 'slush-box' off the lot.

Ugh.

Garu
03-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Well that's depressing.

It turns out that due to the CN Rail strike, that I would have had to wait "...3 weeks BEST CASE scenario"(according to the dealer) to get a black GT with luxury package with a 5speed.

Apparently the only 3 GT's in black with a 5speed are sitting in port in Vancouver.

Not a single one in Ontario,,,so I took a silver with a 'slush-box" off the lot.

Ugh.

The strike is still ongoing? Didn't they come to an agreement last month?

Chef
03-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Not sure if they came to an agreement or not, but the fact remains that the only 3 black GT's with luxury package and manual transmission are still not in Ontario, but are sitting on some damn dock in Vancouver!!!

SIM SIMMA
03-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Welcome... and enjoy your purchase.

You couldn't wait a month for the MT?

The CN strike was over awhile ago but due to the strike there is/was a huge backlog in stuff getting to rail.

anyhoo... Mazda guys are a good bunch and the car is something you will not regret buying!

Jeff-TheBiz
03-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Welcome to the club, the Mazda3 will not let you down.

Not a single one in Ontario,,,so I took a silver with a 'slush-box' off the lot.

I wish I could have helped.

A little late now, but I have 2 of them phyiscally sitting on my lot... :)

Your dealer didn't look too hard.

SIM SIMMA
03-21-2007, 06:33 PM
ouch... that's brutal.... is there anything he can do? return the car?!!!?!?

i'd be pissed.

Jeff-TheBiz
03-21-2007, 06:35 PM
ouch... that's brutal.... is there anything he can do? return the car?!!!?!?

i'd be pissed.

if he hasn't picked up yet... (which I think he has) he has a leg to stand on... If he has picked up, not much that can be done.. Sorry.

SIM SIMMA
03-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Makes sense... but if it was on the dealer lot... he probably has it already :(

Damn lazy salesperson. >:|

oh well... he'll be happy with his 3 either way... probably would be 100% happy if he had the transmission and colour he wanted

Chef
03-22-2007, 10:14 AM
I will GLADLY pay any and all fees, penalties,,,whatever if you could possibly get me into a black, Sport GT with luxury package!!!!!
Seriously,,,whatever it takes.

Chef.

majic
03-22-2007, 10:16 AM
call him 416-642-7777 before it's too late!!!

Caz
03-22-2007, 10:53 AM
That sucks man! I would be pissed. How long did they say it would take to get to Ontario? Was there a reason you couldn't wait?

Welcome to the club.

Chef
03-22-2007, 10:56 AM
they said 3 weeks "best case scenario"
need the car to get to work.

Garu
03-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Jeff aka TheBiz said he has two in the lot. Why would it take 3 weeks to move it out the lot?

cereal83
03-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Call Jeff man, he is a great guy. I can't imagine being in a better situation when buying a car unless they were to give it to me for free. I am pretty sure not working today but he is working tomorrow.

Just don't call or go in tomorrow around 5. As thats when I have to go in to pick up my new car.

:chuckle

SIM SIMMA
03-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Did you call JEff????

majic
03-23-2007, 11:29 AM
who's jeff? and why would you call him? ;)

Jeff-TheBiz
03-23-2007, 12:29 PM
More importantly, Have you already picked up the silver?

Please tell me you didnt.