PDA

View Full Version : Performance World Custom Car & Truck Show

marchz24
03-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Just wondering if anyone was interested in going to the International Centre for the Performance World Custom Car & Truck Show. It's on March 9, 10 & 11.
Free parking, tickets are $18, kids under 6 are free. But if you go online you can print off a $3 coupon that is good for Friday between 10am - 5pm and Saturday 5pm - 10pm. I was thinking of going on Friday just before 5.

What do you guys think?

MazdaTree
03-01-2007, 11:05 AM
anyone famous coming this year?
Funkmaster Flex was there last year I think...

webb70
03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
He's here again this year too.

bubba1983
03-01-2007, 12:08 PM
was gonna enter in this, but i backed out! hahah

msequence
03-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Will be a nice event. No more registrations and there is a waiting list. Who here will attend?

Matt

bubba1983
03-01-2007, 02:54 PM
^^ OH SNAP, whats up mattski!!
welcome to my corner fo the world!!!!

Wild Weasel
03-01-2007, 02:58 PM
was gonna enter in this, but i backed out! hahah

I've never entered this one. Not sure if they still do it, but for years this show actually CHARGED you if you were entering a sport compact.

Hell with that! I've got Speedorama trophies, since they let you enter for free. :)

msequence
03-01-2007, 03:02 PM
I've never entered this one. Not sure if they still do it, but for years this show actually CHARGED you if you were entering a sport compact.

Hell with that! I've got Speedorama trophies, since they let you enter for free. :)

Thing is that this year performance world and Importfest are the only big scheduled shows. So there isnt too much happening other than MOTM, CSCS events etc.

Matt

marchz24
03-09-2007, 08:46 PM
HI guys

I went today. It sucked. It was mostly all domestic cars. I went 8 years ago and it was better then. I thought they would have had an import section but they didn't. So save your money and don't go. It wasn't worth it.

Later

Byaaahhh
03-09-2007, 11:30 PM
My friend and his car club got in to the show but to put their cars in was not cheap at all. I think they said for the weekend it was just under $100 per car. Whomever is actually staging this event must be making a killing but then again, it probably costs a fair amount to have Flex come down too.

chinsterr
03-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Friends are thinking of going tomorrow to pick up audio/ICE, supposedly there are good deals ?

Doubt i will go though.

Funk Master flex aint worth my $18 ! my 2cents

marchz24
03-10-2007, 05:42 AM
LOL. I had a $3 coupon so I paid $15 and I still feel ripped off. Audio? I didn't see anything good with Audio. The cars had it but there was nothing really for sale. I remember they use to have Audio Thunder with sound offs. Atleast that would of been interesting. Dude, tell your friends it's not worth it. If you want I can post some pics and save you guys some money.

later!

chinsterr
03-10-2007, 10:08 AM
LOL. I had a $3 coupon so I paid $15 and I still feel ripped off. Audio? I didn't see anything good with Audio. The cars had it but there was nothing really for sale. I remember they use to have Audio Thunder with sound offs. Atleast that would of been interesting. Dude, tell your friends it's not worth it. If you want I can post some pics and save you guys some money.

later!

hahaha ill try and convince them , but i know one of them is set on going for sure. Pics would be nice :P

msequence
03-12-2007, 01:58 AM

later!

Ohh so I gather u missed hall 5 which was filled with around 300+ import cars... ... ohh well better luck next time as U might try to go and read the signs that tell u to go to the flex show .....

:complain

Skarbro
03-12-2007, 05:33 AM
I'm not a fan of this show. The only fun part is cutting up the tasteless cars.

marchz24
03-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Are you kidding? I thought I walked the whole thing! Now I feel even more ripped off. I thought the funk master flex car was only the blue Cadillac with the turntables coming out of the trunk. Dammit, I didn't see the sign for hall 5.
O'well. I guess I lost.

msequence
03-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Are you kidding? I thought I walked the whole thing! Now I feel even more ripped off. I thought the funk master flex car was only the blue Cadillac with the turntables coming out of the trunk. Dammit, I didn't see the sign for hall 5.
O'well. I guess I lost.

Nah pretty good coverage on www.gtcars.ca check it!!!;)

Matt

marchz24
03-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the link. I feel better now. :)

3GFX
03-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Looking at the pics it looked like a good show, I should have went :(

msequence
03-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Looking at the pics it looked like a good show, I should have went :(

No regrets.. many more to come.. !!! MOM 2007 !!!!

Matt