PDA

View Full Version : anybody know a shop

Houndskull
03-14-2007, 12:57 AM
im getting the vibrant exhaust from cta motosports does anybody know a shop where i could get it all put in exhaust and cai that doesnt cost too much. i just want a licensed mechanic to put it in coz i read blackman's post when he had his engine replaced as long as you have reciepts on the things you did on ur car like aftermarket stuff they won't void you're warranty. i live in Barrie so i was hoping somewhere close here. most of the shops here dont want to deal with car mods coz they dont want to be held liable to what ever happens. thanx

b
03-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Houndskull, Ya better to be safe than sorry... However over on mazda3forums.com I have read stuff posted by a few people & even tho they had their stuff installed at a shop... their warranty was still voided. So I don't know if it is 100% or not. Maybe I just got lucky.

Good luck with the installs! You will love the vibrant. I sure do!

Houndskull
03-14-2007, 02:11 AM
where did you get ur cai and exhaust done? how does the vibrant sound pretty good? its just the intake and the bolt on exhaust i need done but at least i have records on it that a mechanic did it right? if you know a place that would do it let me know

Kevin@nextmod
03-14-2007, 02:28 AM
You can always pay a little more and install it at the dealership. I'm pretty sure you're not goign to have any problems there.

EvilEric
03-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Someone should post a note on what mods would cause dealers to void warrenties and also what's technically not legal (all of them?).

Houndskull
03-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Someone should post a note on what mods would cause dealers to void warrenties and also what's technically not legal (all of them?).

yeah that would be great mind you there will be a lot of gray areas though. coz dealership says as long as your problem is not directly caused by the mod you did on ur car it wont void the warranty. yeah dealerships charge way too much. just let me know if anybody sees this if they know a shop.

CanadaGTO
03-14-2007, 11:13 AM
yeah that would be great mind you there will be a lot of gray areas though. coz dealership says as long as your problem is not directly caused by the mod you did on ur car it wont void the warranty. yeah dealerships charge way too much. just let me know if anybody sees this if they know a shop.

Grey areas would be an understatement :)

As far as what they will try to deny, that depends on the dealership. Basically the question is, did the MOD you install cause the failure. With MODs like exhausts, CAI's, Xenon lights (which I've heard being blamed for electrical problems) and such, you're fairly safe as long as it's a quality part and installed professionally. However, that doesn't mean that certain dealerships wont try and deny a claim. Hense why it is of utmost importance to have a good dealership, and to have a good relationship with the service department guys. At both MOT, and a local Dealership where I live i've never had problems with them on the warranty side. And that includes both exhausts, CAI's, and suspension MODs on past vehicles.

However, if I did a botched job installing a $50 Ebay Intake that failed and threw something into my Turbo Inlet, then I would of course expect to be denied.

On top of that, I try and throw a little work my dealerships way, including having them do the regular oil changes (though I bring my own oil). I don't want them to only see me when I'm having issues, that would tend to have them on the defensive whenever I'd enter the dealership.

Now if you plan on doing more intensive MODs, say Turbo Kits, CAMs, NOS, etc...... well...... of course you're gonna kiss your warranty goodby.

Bottom line. Install quality products professionaly (maybe even at a dealership) and have a good relationship with a know professional dealership (of course I'm gonna recommend MoT) and you'll be okay.

Houndskull
03-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Grey areas would be an understatement :)

As far as what they will try to deny, that depends on the dealership. Basically the question is, did the MOD you install cause the failure. With MODs like exhausts, CAI's, Xenon lights (which I've heard being blamed for electrical problems) and such, you're fairly safe as long as it's a quality part and installed professionally. However, that doesn't mean that certain dealerships wont try and deny a claim. Hense why it is of utmost importance to have a good dealership, and to have a good relationship with the service department guys. At both MOT, and a local Dealership where I live i've never had problems with them on the warranty side. And that includes both exhausts, CAI's, and suspension MODs on past vehicles.

However, if I did a botched job installing a $50 Ebay Intake that failed and threw something into my Turbo Inlet, then I would of course expect to be denied.

On top of that, I try and throw a little work my dealerships way, including having them do the regular oil changes (though I bring my own oil). I don't want them to only see me when I'm having issues, that would tend to have them on the defensive whenever I'd enter the dealership.

Now if you plan on doing more intensive MODs, say Turbo Kits, CAMs, NOS, etc...... well...... of course you're gonna kiss your warranty goodby.

Bottom line. Install quality products professionaly (maybe even at a dealership) and have a good relationship with a know professional dealership (of course I'm gonna recommend MoT) and you'll be okay.

so do you think i should go to MOT to put in the exhuast and CAI that i get from you? how much do you think they will charge me?

CelestSpeed3
03-21-2007, 08:54 PM
They will charge you whatever the standard labour fee is, about 3 hours total I would think, Most likely around $300.

You can install the exhaust and intake at my place if you want. PM me if you are interested.

CanadaGTO
03-21-2007, 09:19 PM
so do you think i should go to MOT to put in the exhuast and CAI that i get from you? how much do you think they will charge me?

Hey there :)

Depending on what they quote you as a price that might be a good option. I'll tell you that my CAI and CAT back were not installed at a dealership, but they are professionally installed, the CAT back was even installed with a manufacturers rep present (my car was the test bed for it). The key again I think is to have a good dealership relationship. I know with my SRT-4, some dealerships were real A$$'es. The good ones were worth their weight in gold.

NOT ALL DEALERSHIPS ARE CREATED EQUAL.

Chuckie
03-21-2007, 09:35 PM
you have a cat back in the speed? =O
and yes.. my stuff weren't installed at dealership either

but it's good to have things done there so when you have a warranty issue.. they are more friendly

b
03-21-2007, 09:51 PM
The good ones were worth their weight in gold.

NOT ALL DEALERSHIPS ARE CREATED EQUAL.

Couldn't have said it better.

wingnut12
03-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Houndskull I know that you found a guy to install your CAI, and exhaust.

Where did you buy your car? If it's Moffatt's we'll chat when we meet Monday. I can also tell you about the places I've gone for service.