PDA

View Full Version : Street Performance

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

fourtrack78
03-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I got my springs installed today. In and out in about in 1hr and 15mins. Jim is a good guy to deal with. If and when I get more mods I will gladly go back for them to install.

STREET PERFORMANCE
7605 Woodbine Ave, Unit #16
(Shared space with T/M Automotive)
Markham, ON L3R-5V3
416-450-6161

Updated contact info, as Jim has requested people call his cell phone to book

On the left is Jimmy's new shop (#16). On the right is Jimmy's old shop.
Make sure you go to the shop on the left.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff287/n00bMeiSter/f82b5751.jpg

chinsterr
03-22-2007, 12:47 PM
How much did they charge you for the install ?

Kevin@nextmod
03-22-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm going there to install my sportlines as well.

Street Performance
03-22-2007, 01:47 PM
$100 :)

How much did they charge you for the install ?

Chuckie
03-22-2007, 01:59 PM
jimmy?!?
omg you finally sign up?

Installer: Jim at Street Performance
Installed: Progress Sway Bar, Eibach Prokit's Spring (on seperate occasions)
Fixed: Loose wires causing rough idle/operation/bucking/jerking and stalling

He takes care of your car. It's a nice atmosphere and he likes to make friends with you while he works. Very great guy.
I didn't feel the same way when I was at Speedtech. They don't talk, they are quite rough with the car to get it done as quick as possible, it's all business there.

Also very nice of him to let me use his shop the first time to try to fix the loose wiring problem, ultimately though he had to fix it himself which is fine.. great work. haven't had the problem since and this is after MoT and another member have tried fixing it.

FLIPDADY
03-22-2007, 03:46 PM
:ttiwwp

Steve!!!

Chuckie
03-22-2007, 04:17 PM
This thread is a review thread man! no pics!..
lol

chinsterr
03-22-2007, 06:41 PM

wow, great price . By far the cheapest I have seen so far.

royroy
03-22-2007, 06:44 PM
it is a great place...
jimmy gave me a good deal on fixing + modding my car.....

JPAV8S4U
03-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Jimmy is the man! awsome guy and awsome atmosphere! Best of all... he makes fun of Vlad the whole time your there.... what else can ya ask! For those uninformed... Ill go ahead and say that "Street Performance" is Vlad ;) He like to mascarade around as Mazdaspeed/Speedbaby/Sam (LOL)/Street Performance...... not to mention pretends he is asian..... so the multiple personality's on TM3 all fits the bill ;)

To be back on track, I will be taking my car back to Jimmer exclusively from now on.

James_N
03-23-2007, 10:50 AM
where is street performace located?

wtom
03-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Street Performance Location (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=146977&postcount=20)

DrunknFoo
03-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Damn they're so close to where I live, hmmm now I need to purchase something as an excuse to visit

MPS
03-24-2007, 11:03 PM
:chuckle come see me or Pat @ CTA we can help

Damn they're so close to where I live, hmmm now I need to purchase something as an excuse to visit

CanadaGTO
03-24-2007, 11:21 PM
:chuckle come see me or Pat @ CTA we can help

:chuckle

MPS
03-24-2007, 11:23 PM
lol i don't lie ur helping me next week :chuckle

MidnightSpeed
03-25-2007, 03:36 AM

That is really really cheap. Damn T.O'ers. ;p

blue3
03-25-2007, 03:58 PM
good price

Kevin@nextmod
03-27-2007, 01:27 AM
I just got my sportline in today....Damn...its busy in there got there at 4:30 with appointment and started at 6:30....Jimmy was very exhausted and haven't eaten lunch and still took care of my car...Altho some little thing happened but it was solved right away, very professional. Love talking to this guy and will bring my other 3 cars at home to him any thing.

BM3
03-27-2007, 02:40 PM
so it was 100 for the install. how much were the springs? i want to lower mine just a little

Chuckie
04-06-2007, 01:59 AM
edit: do what mazdaspeed says.

MPS
04-06-2007, 02:01 AM
you can PM me or CTA for price :)

doughboyr6
04-06-2007, 11:33 AM
i was gonna take my car to speedtech to get my stuff installed, but having come across this, its making me rethink my decision.

MPS
04-06-2007, 12:55 PM
hehe Chuck clean my house and wash my car :chuckle

edit: do what mazdaspeed says.

Jetlag
04-06-2007, 01:39 PM
jimmy?!?
omg you finally sign up?

Installer: Jim at Street Performance
Installed: Progress Sway Bar, Eibach Prokit's Spring (on seperate occasions)
Fixed: Loose wires causing rough idle/operation/bucking/jerking and stalling

Can you specify this "loose wiring" problem that you had which, was causing your rough idle and so forth.

MPS
04-06-2007, 01:51 PM
MAF harness wires

Chuckie
04-06-2007, 04:48 PM
MAF harness wires

Correct! Mazda cheaped out on 2 inches worth of harness wires so it was too short since you have to stretch it a bit albeit not much to attach it to the intake, as the intake vibrates, over time the already tensioned harness wires will come loose which causes the MAF to act funny and your car to run like poop.

Surprisingly this is only on the 06's, the 04-05s harness seems to have more slack.

Anyway I gotta post a review since this is the review thread.

Customer: Kevin (co-worker from Future Shop) with 1997 1.6 EL
Replaced: Left Upper Control Arm, Exhaust Manifold (header)
Shop: Street Performance (Jim)

I told my friend Kevin about street performance when he told me that he needed to fix his car. I assured him thats really the only place I'd go to have maintenace aside from the dealer of course for the car.
Called Jim for an appointment, got fitted in the same day.
Got there, Jim was running a bit late but thats because he takes his time with his cars (eh it happens).

He meticulously looked over the car, checked everything

While Jim was figuring out what was wrong with the car, we got a free lesson on how cars work =). He knew what to look for when I told him what Kevin's concerns were.

Quickly found that the header was cracked (told us so even before removing the heat shield because he's that confident about the cause of the problem)
Also quickly found that the left upper control arm that was causing issues as well.

He gave Kevin a quote (which was a very good price). Told us that he's not going to charge for looking at the car and finding the problems because an hour of his time ($50) is worth making an extra friend. =)

Kevin brought his car back to him two days later. Jim had obtained the parts quickly and replaced it on his car.

Kevin says his car feels a lot better now.

-Chuckie

Jeff-TheBiz
04-07-2007, 10:05 AM
wow, great price . By far the cheapest I have seen so far.

I got mine done there as well..

My own dealership wanted that much per wheel! :loco

Anyhow..

Thanx again Jimmy & Vlad for the outstanding service.

whiteomega
04-10-2007, 11:19 AM
just to add to the reviews (and make my first post on TM3 ;) )

i swung by Street Performance today to talk to Jimmy. i didn't get anything done, but first impression was really good. he's honest, and nice, and i'll very likely be going to him in the (nearish) future ;)

DrunknFoo
04-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Made an appointment to get my new springs n shocks installed this Friday, I can't wait! Their service prices seem pretty good

wingnut12
04-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey that's the same place I went to get mine lowered last summer.

Someone from here recommended it to me, and I drove down from Orillia. They did it for 1/4 the price they wanted up here, and in 1/3 the time.

Can't get any better than that.

:whoa :bana2

James_N
04-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Made an appointment to get my new springs n shocks installed this Friday, I can't wait! Their service prices seem pretty good

so your the person he was talking about when i was getting my car lowered. Anyways, Jim is a great guy to deal with. Honest with great integrity. + did my springs in less than an hr.

two thumbs up!!!

JPAV8S4U
04-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Jimmy is a great guy and probably the only person I trust touching my car when it isnt covered by warranty ;) I will be there tomoro at 2ish to get my MS intake,exhaust and Magnaflow hi-flow cat installed.

James_N
04-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Jimmy is a great guy..when he was installing my pro-kits..he noticed that a bolt holding the rear sway bar was touching it. told me about it and he fixed it. great guy to deal with. looks like i found me a new body shop to take my car to from now on

JPAV8S4U
04-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Keep it coming! Ive said it before and Ill say it again... I think Jimmy is the most honest guy you will ever meet in that line of work! Honest work and fair (sometimes too fair :P) prices... what else could you ask?

DrunknFoo
04-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Well I just got back from visiting Jim and his crew from Street Performance. They did a great job installing my Prokits and Koni Yellows. I also had the pleasure of meeting Vlad, and he had the pleasure beating my car apart for a few minutes. (You have a sweet ride and it was nice meeting you.)

Jim and his crew are great guys, hilarious, honest and highly professional. All the reviews listed above reassured me to visit Street Performance, and I would like to say that I too highly recommend them.

A+++ service.

Thanks for the feedback guys, and thank you Steet Performance.

Edit...
(Just found out that there might be a bearing and something else that is making 2 different sounds in the suspension/wheel area). Both weren't present before the shock/spring install. 1 of the sounds is a ticking sound, and the other is sort of like a woooing/humming sound, both seem to be proportional to 1 tire revolution. Both sounds dissapear when breaks are applied.) I'm going to give them a shout tomorrow if they're open to see if they'll be able to resolve this issue.
(I'll keep you guys posted)

JPAV8S4U
04-13-2007, 10:54 PM
+1! Jimmy and the gang are No1 here in Toronto. Jimmer installed my MS intake and exhaust as well as my hi-flow cat... while Vlad put on my HID fogs! Awsome job and Im very pleased with the final product! The ms exhaust is loud! :) Love waking up the neighbours! ;) Amazing install and even better price! Jimmy is the man! Need something else to put on so I can go back!

3GFX
04-14-2007, 11:06 AM
How much was the install? Did you get an alignment?

DrunknFoo
04-14-2007, 02:34 PM
How much was the install? Did you get an alignment?

It's better to give them a call to confirm pricing, but they gave me a really good rate for what was done. =D

They don't do alignments, I'll be getting the alignment done someplace else after 1.5-2weeks

chinsterr
04-15-2007, 01:05 PM
did you get that noise checked out ? Is it fixed ? What was it ?

DrunknFoo
04-15-2007, 03:04 PM

I'll be visiting them Tomorrow Morning to have things checked out. I'm sure it's the wheel bearing and perhaps the uhhhh cv arm? ( i think that's what it was called )

Hopefully it's nothing major. I'll keep you posted

DrunknFoo
04-16-2007, 11:07 AM

Just got back from Street Performance, For the most part everything seems to be back to normal. (At least I think I still hear the humming but it's probably in my head, I'll give it a day to determine if I'm going :loco)

The humming was most likley caused from the wheel hub not being secured properly, as for the ticking/squeek, a piece of the breakpad was slightly rubbing the rotor.

If anything does occur Jimmy reassured me that he'll take care of it so all is good.

WildEmu
04-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Jimmy is the man! awsome guy and awsome atmosphere! Best of all... he makes fun of Vlad the whole time your there.... what else can ya ask! For those uninformed... Ill go ahead and say that "Street Performance" is Vlad ;) He like to mascarade around as Mazdaspeed/Speedbaby/Sam (LOL)/Street Performance...... not to mention pretends he is asian..... so the multiple personality's on TM3 all fits the bill ;)

To be back on track, I will be taking my car back to Jimmer exclusively from now on.

This is very true...was at Street Performance earlier today and was hearing Vlad belt out some chinese swear words... :chuckle

JPAV8S4U
04-16-2007, 07:33 PM
This is very true...was at Street Performance earlier today and was hearing Vlad belt out some chinese swear words... :chuckle

Yeah... Vlad calls Jimmer names and visa versa... It is rather funny and entertaining ;) Especially when Jimmer pretends to hit Vlads car.... Another good moment is when Vlad is cleaning his shoes with brake cleaner while lighting a cigarette.... ;) LOL Good times at SP!

WildEmu
04-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah... Vlad calls Jimmer names and visa versa... It is rather funny and entertaining ;) Especially when Jimmer pretends to hit Vlads car.... Another good moment is when Vlad is cleaning his shoes with brake cleaner while lighting a cigarette.... ;) LOL Good times at SP!

That sounds pretty dangerous...lol

You're right...good times at Street Performance, great place to go!

Broli
04-16-2007, 09:46 PM
this is a terrible review thread . . start a new one and i will sticky it vlad

DrunknFoo
04-16-2007, 10:59 PM
this is a terrible review thread . . start a new one and i will sticky it vlad

LOL, I think it suites the atmosphere inside Street Performance. It's just jokes and random nothingness

Broli
04-17-2007, 12:03 AM
i am sure that it does, however, still not ok for a feedback thread

:D

Sean80
04-17-2007, 01:31 AM
hmmm, sounds like its worth the drive to T.O. for a spring install.

m_a_t_r_i_x
06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
jim did my brake and rotors swapped....will deal with him again, great price, professional and efficient...i highly recommend his shop.

3GFX
06-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Jim did my Mazdaspeed Cat-Back. Great guy, great service, great work.

royroy
06-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Jim did all my part out and install from my old car to my new car. He also gave me a bonus on painting my new calipers!! thx jimmy... Only place that i will go for install =P

MattC
06-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Jimmy put my pro-kit on, he is a great mechanic, and an even better guy to deal with.

JonsMazda
06-19-2007, 09:52 PM
is jimmy on TM3?

S.F.W.
06-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Jimmy is not on TM3

MattC
06-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Vlad keeps him too busy. he has no time for these forums!

JPAV8S4U
06-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Jimmy did a crap load of work to my ride last week:

Drilled/Slotted Rotors
HPS Pads
Painter Calipers
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Rear Flares
A few oter little things

Awsome job.... great install and thanx to Vlad for fixing up my HID bulb! The only two guys that will touch my car (I know they treat it as if it was theirs... that is key). Great job guys! My ride is summer ready :D

m_a_t_r_i_x
06-20-2007, 10:14 PM
^OT: now post some pics of your ride! :)

JPAV8S4U
06-21-2007, 12:23 AM
^OT: now post some pics of your ride! :)

LOL! I have been waiting for some profesional pics to be done... emailed Autoexe.. ... ... no dice... paging AUTOEXE!!... LOL

Garu
06-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Finally went to this place after battling through afternoon rush hour. (Went from Brampton!) Jim performed these jobs on my car.

- Corksport motor mount inserts (M3F group buy)
- Changed tranny oil to Redline MT90 (Thanks to CTA Pat for the supply)

And also finally got a chance to meet good ol' Vlad.

I'm not sure what is doing what but the car feels completely different (in a much better way) when I shift after I left Jim's garage.

doughboyr6
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
the shifting would be from the corksport mounts....

Garu
06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Yes, but Redline MT90 should do something, it wouldn't cost 12.50 per 1 qt.

CanadaGTO
06-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Jimmy is well worth the drive, he does pretty much all my work and I'm coming from Brampton each time.

The MT90 will definately make a difference in shifting, I found my Motor Mount made a difference mainly under heavy acceleration. Doing both at the same time would make quite a difference :)

MT-90 has quickly become a great seller for us, I have to keep it constantly in stock now that the word is getting around.

Tizmee24
06-28-2007, 11:39 AM
wer i can a get spring and wat type/name and how much???

3GFX
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
wer i can a get spring and wat type/name and how much???

Use the search feature on the forum as well as google. That will help you narrow down which spring you want.

There is also a Suspension section on the forum:
http://torontomazda3.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60

boogie
06-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Just got back from having Jimmy install my SU Motor Mount. He's an awesome guy to deal w/ and does excellent work, for awesome prices! Stuck around and shot the shit with him for a bit.

I think between him and Patrique, it's gonna hard for me to hold off on modding my whip!

skunk2
07-05-2007, 11:00 AM
got an SU motor mount installed a while ago....awesome guy. went back for a prokit install recently, again outstanding guy.....something happened with one of my wheels during the install but Jimmy was honest enough to point it out and he made it right. i wouldn't have found out what happened to that wheel.
i also sent one of my friends with a 3.2 cl type s for comptech springs install last night and needless to say he was very impressed. he's going back there for t-belt, waterpump, rear main seal and lightened pulleys for jimmy to install.

boogie
07-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Jimmy just installed my MS CAI this afternoon. Once again, excellent service and he charged me less than I was expecting. He wouldn't even accept more money when I tried to give it to him. Needless to say, I'll be going to him as long as I have this car...or drive a Mazda for that matter.

whiteomega
07-17-2007, 09:22 PM
at this point, Jimmy is probably sick of seeing mazda 3s; every time i've been there (with one exception) he's been working on a mazda3 :)

Magitronic
07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Getting a set of mazdaspeed3 springs put on my sedan 2mrw @ 11 at this place :) will update once completed.

WeatherB
07-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Jimmy installed my Pro Kit on Wednesday... He was extremely busy and running a bit late, but still managed to squeeze me in.

He was done in about 50 minutes and did a nice, clean job.

Very happy.

fini
08-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Jimmy installed my Pro Kits today.
What a great guy. He is sociable and funny. Time just flew by.
Did and awesome job and I'm really happy. Would reccommend to anyone looking to get similar work done.

eqlso
09-01-2007, 12:43 AM
Had my stock MS3 exhaust installed there last week. Had a bloody hard time finding the place since I forgot to write down the unit number and theres no sign for them. Eventually found them, and got it installed. Very friendly, excellent pricing. Jim's a great guy to work with. Thanks!

doughboyr6
09-01-2007, 10:10 AM
jimmy is an honest reasonable guy....

funny and great prices.

to date, he's installed my springs/sway/CAI/Camberlinks...

MattC
09-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Add another quality install by the boys at Street Performance, this time was my exhaust.

Will definately go back for future installs, and oil changes!

WeatherB
09-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Jimmy does oil changes? No way!!

boogie
09-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Just saw Jimmy today. He installed my TWM SS & bushing kit, as well as swapped out my tranny oil to MT90, and I also changed by headlight bulbs. Awesome work and cheap prices as usual!

Jimmy also found a surprise in my front bumper. I'll start a separate thread for that!

REZXPERT
09-20-2007, 01:55 PM
+1 on Jimmy/Streetperformance feedback. top notch guy. had headers, high flow cat & rotors installed... took a while but pleasant to be around while he was hard at work.

Jooky
09-23-2007, 02:36 AM
Just had my prokit installed by Jim and his team, same thing like everyone else has been saying, friendly guy, great prices, tried to offer a tip because I saw his guy sweating so hard on the install, but he refused to accept it. I'll definitely return there for future installs.

whiteomega
09-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Just had my prokit installed by Jim and his team, same thing like everyone else has been saying, friendly guy, great prices, tried to offer a tip because I saw his guy sweating so hard on the install, but he refused to accept it. I'll definitely return there for future installs.

if you want to offer him a tip, don't tell him; just include it in the wad of bills.. :)

WeatherB
09-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Jooky, were you there on Friday as well?

Jimmy installed my new exhaust and once again, did an excellent job. :)

MPS
09-23-2007, 01:03 PM
yaa and then run for it lol
i got my ass kicked alot for doing that

if you want to offer him a tip, don't tell him; just include it in the wad of bills.. :)

Jooky
10-09-2007, 01:38 AM
WeatherB,

I came in on Friday to book an appointment, went in Saturday instead, but I think I saw your hatch up on the lift. Nice ride, also saw a really sweet red Speed 3 outback. When I was there on Saturday there was another member waiting to have their springs done. Looks like the board is keeping Jimmy real busy... rightfully so.

p-o-g-i
03-27-2008, 09:33 AM
I had my Tein H-tech springs and Vibrant bat- back installed yesterday evening at Street Performance. Jimmy is very professional and is very precise about his work. The actual job took about 1.5 hours.

I may have been there longer, but keep in mind that he is the only one who works there so he is constantly multi- tasking. With that said, he does his very best in trying to accommodate everyone.

I would definitley recommend him and will come back for his services.

(also saw "royroy"'s car up on th hoist........ sweet ride!!!!!)

royroy
03-27-2008, 10:12 AM
I had my Tein H-tech springs and Vibrant bat- back installed yesterday evening at Street Performance. Jimmy is very professional and is very precise about his work. The actual job took about 1.5 hours.

I may have been there longer, but keep in mind that he is the only one who works there so he is constantly multi- tasking. With that said, he does his very best in trying to accommodate everyone.

I would definitley recommend him and will come back for his services.

(also saw "royroy"'s car up on th hoist........ sweet ride!!!!!)

nice to meet u too pogi!! =)
thx for ur comment!

p-o-g-i
03-27-2008, 03:44 PM
....tried to offer a tip because I saw his guy sweating so hard on the install, but he refused to accept it. I'll definitely return there for future installs.

hahaha.... I tried to offer a tip to. I felt bas as Jimmy was working hard all day and didn't have a chance to eat dinner by the time I left. He humbly declined.

That just shows his character so you know how honest and hard working the person is.

p-o-g-i
03-27-2008, 03:47 PM
nice to meet u too pogi!! =)
thx for ur comment!

Nice meeting you too man.
When my car was finally hoisted up, I took a few shots of both of them in the air... hahaha.

dj_chinaman2097
03-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Jimmy installed the Eibach Pro-kit springs, the MazdaSpeed shocks & struts, and the StreetUnit rear engine mount for me.

Very professional, fun guy to be around. Excellent work and prices.

Recommended!

blue3
03-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Jimmys the man ! awsome guy and service!

Houndskull
03-28-2008, 12:42 AM
i enjoyed my time at street performance and jimmy was very good id defitnely go back. he was very patient. 10 thumbs up:)

kai-wun
03-30-2008, 04:58 PM
hihi... Will Jimmy give a deal for TM3 members? kakaka

Will Street Performance do general maintenance like fluids/filters/belts etc? I dun wanna go to the dealer for that - and I don't have a garage or the time to work on the 3 at home..

whiteomega
03-31-2008, 12:28 PM
hihi... Will Jimmy give a deal for TM3 members? kakaka

Will Street Performance do general maintenance like fluids/filters/belts etc? I dun wanna go to the dealer for that - and I don't have a garage or the time to work on the 3 at home..

you'll have to talk to Jimmy for pricing...generally, his pricing is the same for everyone, and is pretty reasonable.

they will do normal maintenance stuff; if you need something done, make sure you book an appointment with him.

RallyPlaya
04-01-2008, 02:34 PM
It would be amazing is someone did me this favour....... if anyone is going to see jimmy he has an associate by the name of Patrick who does body work i misplaced his number i would really apreciate it if someone jotted down his number. =) plz

3GFX
04-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Got my brakes, pads and springs done at Jim's. I give him credit for working on my car until late into the night because of some troubles I had. I can't get over how nice Jim is and his service is stellar. You can't beat the price.

Things done at Jim's:
- Exhaust
- Rotors
- Pads
- Brake Fluid
- Springs

A++

royroy
04-09-2008, 03:25 PM
It would be amazing is someone did me this favour....... if anyone is going to see jimmy he has an associate by the name of Patrick who does body work i misplaced his number i would really apreciate it if someone jotted down his number. =) plz

is not patrick.. is richard.. lol

MSMitch
04-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Just had Jimmy install my CPE CAI and Short throw shifter - no extra pieces left over! Fast, and VERY reasonable. They are hard-working and a pleasure to deal with!!! My 3 year old had a blast watching them work.:bana

mleblond
04-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Jimmy is the best. Installed my Cobb Springs in no time! (40mins) Thanks and it was nice meeting you!

boogie
04-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Went to see Jimmy last week to have the winters on the GF's car. As always, we had fast, friendly and CHEAP service. I'll be seeing him again in a couple weeks to get my springs installed.

alhope34
04-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Could someone PM me the number for Jimmy at Street Performance? Going to need a down pipe installed soon. I guess I can't just show up and he'll do it walk-in style. Seems too busy of a shop. Anyone know when he'll stop picking up calls to the shop? I only get home from work around 6-7pm. Thanks for the help, guys.

Edit: never mind, I found the number.

whiteomega
04-16-2008, 11:54 AM
^^ +1 he's definitely too busy to do things walk-in style. setting up an appointment is the only way to go. don't plan to do anything right afterwards either. sometimes long delays happen.

alhope34
04-16-2008, 06:05 PM
I called today. 1pm on Wednesday. =D

Fobio
04-16-2008, 11:47 PM
made an appt for yesterday last week, but asked Jimmy if I could come by earlier...went to lunch while Jimmy did his thing:

1. Cobb springs lowering
2. SU engine mount installed

No hassle transaction and service...at a GREAT price!!! Definite recommend for other members!

kid_icarus
04-19-2008, 11:58 PM
went to jimmy first thing this morning. awesome guy and awesome service. got my springs installed, and front lip and bov, and they helped install my new clear reflectors for me too. all for a super great price. street perofrmance was awesome

boogie
04-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Finally had a chance to get Jimmy to install my springs. Awesome service as always. Took a bit longer than usual due to a couple delays/distractions, but my car is finally sittin' pretty!

ghostdog
04-22-2008, 08:05 PM
yep Jimmy's Street Performance is where you want to get stuff done to your Mazda3... had a ton of stuff to install and he did it all at a great price! so great he forgot about it until I reminded him! :chuckle
two thumbs way up for Jimmy's shop... hopefully one day he'll get a bigger shop! :)

alhope34
04-25-2008, 08:06 PM
I have mixed feelings about my first visit to Jimmy's shop. Jimmy was extremely nice and easy to talk to and gave a great price...buuuuut... My appointment was for 1pm, he said to get there 45 minutes early to let the exhaust cool. I got there 1 hour and 45 minutes early. He only started on my car at 4pm, and while working on my car he had 3 other cars come and go before he finished mine. I only got out of his place around 8:30pm. I wasn't too impressed with how long it took. I bought MT-90 for my car as well since Pat was there, and Jimmy agreed to change the transmission oil when I asked him out of the blue, which I also really appreciated. I've got a small leak in the exhaust, between the down pipe and mid pipe, but I don't care too much. The new down pipe didn't fit up to the stock mid pipe too well, anyway. All in all, I'd go back again. He knows the MS3 really well which is hard to find, being a limited production vehicle.

Dragazn
04-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Yeah he does good work, and for a decent price but his schedule is MESSED up.

huyzel
04-28-2008, 03:08 PM
ya... I just dropped my car off and went back to work...
I figure I'll leave him to do his thing instead of waiting around for it... since I knew I wouldn't get my car up at the scheduled 1pm appointment time.

Thanks for the heads up info everybody!

(BTW: saw a whole bunch of Mazda3s and Mazdaspeed3s in the lot)

mleblond
04-28-2008, 03:49 PM
(BTW: saw a whole bunch of Mazda3s and Mazdaspeed3s in the lot)

I call those junkies :chuckle

LockOut
05-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Went to see Jimmy last night to get some Hawk HPS brakes put on, along with some H-Techs. Great service, great guy to deal with. Had a hell of a time getting the clip off both of my rear brakes, but he just kept plugging away at it, and finally got them off. Took over 3 hours to do the whole thing, but he didn't charge for the extra time/labour.

m3m
05-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I would like to get my car lower too. how much for springs and install.
what is the average or recommended drop.

RallyPlaya
05-22-2008, 01:22 PM
I would like to get my car lower too. how much for springs and install.
what is the average or recommended drop.

Most members sun eibach which is about a 1.3 inch drop roughly and that costs about 250$ i think SSG has a sale right now and then install go to Jimmy he will install for 100$. I Would recommend Eibachs or Tein H tech but anything with a 1 inch drop or in that area is the best drop IMO. If U Wanna go lower sportlines and Tein S Techs will drop you 2 inches and you will be slammed to the floor its a matter of choice..... chk the members ride section for pics of different drops. My opinion for you = prokits

alhope34
05-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Was in to Jimmy's again today to get my exhaust leak fixed. It was the stock OEM donut gasket that was causing the leak, put a new one in and all is fine. Runs perfect now. Jimmy did it really quick and even refused a tip! Hard to find someone as good as Jimmy is these days.

Fuman
05-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Jimmy is a great guy, easy guy to deal with.
He's really careful, and cares about the cars he's working on.
I was installing shocks/struts today. He put some lub/grease on it to make sure certain parts won't rust.

10/10 for a guy that is friendly and professional

RallyPlaya
05-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Went To Jimmy to install my sideskirts, the install was amazing really happpy with it he used 3m tape and silicone to seal the skirts nicely.... really happy with the job.... i met up with Fuman, CTA patrique and Alhope mini TM# meet once again =P

Gods Son
05-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Whats his number?

p-o-g-i
05-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Whats his number?

905-943-9449

Mafty
05-28-2008, 02:10 PM
905-943-9449

when icalled i thought i dialed the wrong number, he just answers the phone "hello" lol, theres no street performance intro to his answer.

mleblond
05-28-2008, 02:12 PM
it's his cellphone :chuckle

Blue tooth baby!

hood
05-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Awsome guy put in an intake and springs for me he did an really good job everything is mint. I had a bit of a dely but i dont mind waiting for good quality service, and hes running a one man show

tweak_s
05-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Forgot to leave feedback right away but this thread reminded me.

had h-techs put in by jimmy 2 weeks ago. Bit of a delay but I expected it and gave myself lots of time. Everything turned out great, Jimmy knows what he is doing and is very patient and nice in answering your questions. Thanks Jimmy!

p-o-g-i
05-30-2008, 03:00 PM
I think the consensus is that Jimmy knows his stuff. He does great work, and takes pride in his service, and in explaining issues, and answering questions.

Yes, he is a one person show... so "a little" lag time is expected. But as long as you plan ahead and know what to expect, you'll be good to go.

Fuman
05-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Jimmy came to work an hour early for me today.
I had to be somewhere at 11am to do Alignment today.

Great work by Jimmy. Took great attention, especially when bleeding my brakes
20/10

asi007
06-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Jimmy installed my H.Techs a few days ago, he's awesome. Totally professional, knows what he's doing, and the price was rediculously good.

hood
06-07-2008, 10:19 PM
got an engine mount installed today, service was very fast and Jimmys just awsome A++++++

blk_muzda
06-13-2008, 03:42 AM
Nice guy to deal with and excellent price. Been there to install sways, brakes, intake. Will definitely go back for my other installs.

SSmoked
06-14-2008, 03:17 PM
what are the hours for street performance, week days and weekends? i would like to set up an appointment for and exhaust install

Fuman
06-16-2008, 11:33 PM
what are the hours for street performance, week days and weekends? i would like to set up an appointment for and exhaust install
best to call Jimmy. Jimmy doesn't bite =)

mleblond
06-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks Jimmy for installing that stuff on my car....oh ya if your looking for your 10mm wrench you left it inside my hood :chuckle.....no wonder my car felt slow lol

monstar
06-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Jimmy's the man!!! Installed my teins really quick. The car looks and feels great. 10 thumbs up!!! Would recommend Jimmy to anyone looking for a honest mechanic who cares about his work. :bana :bana2: :)

Toxic Warrior
06-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Jimmy is the best mechanic I ever dealt with. Friendly, honest, very easy going person I'll definitely be happy to do my next installs with!

sunnyhomeboy
07-04-2008, 12:13 PM
best automechanic alive. dont know what to say. this thread says it all already.

Fobio
07-04-2008, 10:01 PM
had another great visit with Jimmy...best prices and services...and always nice to chat with Jimmy about things, life AND cars!

baymoe
07-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Gotta agree, just had some work done at Jim's place. Wicked price and service!

eqlso
07-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Jimmy installed my prokits yesterday, no problems at all. Even found a nail and patched my tire for me!

Also had him install a progress rear sway and AWR rear engine mount a couple months ago. He was finished by the time I went to coffee time for a coffee and a muffin and came back. Great guy to chat with, awesome prices. May be a little slow due to him having so many customers, but well worth it imho.

Gil13
07-10-2008, 04:31 PM
JIMMY IS AWESOME!!!! A+++++

He installed my Magnaflow Cat-Back and SU Engine mount in not time!!! :)

AMAZING service SUPER friendly and great guy to chat with!

He also got my HIDS and angel eyes working cuz Mazda had messed around with some wiring the day before and he took care of my squealing brakes!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE!!

crazycanuck
07-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Awesome guy!

Got my Magnaflow catback installed today. I liked how he talked about what he was doing; almost like a lesson in itself.

Will definitely go back.

blackspeed3
07-17-2008, 09:58 AM
just spoke to Jimmy...seems like a pretty cool and knowledgeable dude. I hope its worth the drive to Markham!

mleblond
07-17-2008, 12:10 PM
just spoke to Jimmy...seems like a pretty cool and knowledgeable dude. I hope its worth the drive to Markham!

lol I drive from Kingston to go see jimmy....tells you how good he is!

Garu
07-18-2008, 11:09 AM
lol I drive from Kingston to go see jimmy....tells you how good he is!

I think you just like to drive your rice rocket.

KPao
07-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Can somebody post Jimmy's contact info please. or just PM me.

Greatly appreciated.

Kevin

KPao
07-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Nevermind. Found it. I'm blind. Sorry for the post.

crazycanuck
07-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Installed Pro-kits today, took him around 40-50 minutes. Great service again!

Unoriginalusername
07-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Jimmy did my springs, sways and gauges... oustanding job once again A+

sudz
07-26-2008, 01:24 AM
Installed Pro-kits for me on thursday, Quick, and doesn't mind answering the billion questions I had. I will be going back to him again!

1flycdnM3
07-26-2008, 08:46 AM
just tried callinghim this morning and no answer. does he work weekends?? I wanted to see if i could get my shocks installed, but i cant do it during the week. Also have no idea what he would charge for that *lol*

Unoriginalusername
07-26-2008, 10:05 AM
just tried callinghim this morning and no answer. does he work weekends?? I wanted to see if i could get my shocks installed, but i cant do it during the week. Also have no idea what he would charge for that *lol*

i think he starts around 9:30

Fuman
07-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I only visit him on the weekends. He charges VERY VERY decent pricing for shock install. I was able to afford it on a student budget.

bhadreshl
07-27-2008, 03:54 PM
I talked to him today, he's not available next weekend cause of long weekend, but other than that I think he does weekends.

All-Star
07-31-2008, 02:49 PM
You'll only get genuine help and service from Jimmy! He installed my Pro-kits this morning. There were a few seized/rusted bolts and nuts that got in his way but he never lost his cool. He even fixed the knock I was getting from my stabilizer links. He'll let you watch from the side as he works and he's a great guy to talk with. I offered many times to buy him a coffee or something but he humbly refused. I even tried to sneak an extra $20 in and drive off quick but he stopped me lol!! Ultimately, the job was done perfectly and the end result is great. I highly recommend this guy!

Coffee's on me next time Jimmy!!

FLIPDADY
07-31-2008, 04:44 PM
You'll only get genuine help and service from Jimmy! He installed my Pro-kits this morning. There were a few seized/rusted bolts and nuts that got in his way but he never lost his cool. He even fixed the knock I was getting from my stabilizer links. He'll let you watch from the side as he works and he's a great guy to talk with. I offered many times to buy him a coffee or something but he humbly refused. I even tried to sneak an extra $20 in and drive off quick but he stopped me lol!! Ultimately, the job was done perfectly and the end result is great. I highly recommend this guy!

Coffee's on me next time Jimmy!!
Great to hear your problem was solved Ed. Props to Jimmy!

Mafty
08-04-2008, 05:43 PM
do they take visa? or is it strictly a cash job kinda atmosphere?

eqlso
08-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Only cash.

Mafty
08-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Only cash.

dam lol, alright gotta muster up some cash

Houndskull
08-05-2008, 02:45 AM
hey jimmy how much do u think the install for the clutch on my 3? i was there couple months ago with the Koni sprt and spring install wen we had the problem with the steering shaking. i might get my clutch next year. there was a a speed3 that u wer installing the SPEC clutch on just wanna know the price. thanx

Unoriginalusername
08-05-2008, 07:41 AM
hey jimmy how much do u think the install for the clutch on my 3? i was there couple months ago with the Koni sprt and spring install wen we had the problem with the steering shaking. i might get my clutch next year. there was a a speed3 that u wer installing the SPEC clutch on just wanna know the price. thanx

call him, he doesn't check the forums often

whiteomega
08-05-2008, 03:30 PM
call him, he doesn't check the forums often

i dunno about that... ;)

but yeah, call jimmy for a quote..you'll have a better chance of getting hold of him..

royroy
08-05-2008, 07:23 PM

i did the clutch and it cost me 350 for labor...

Houndskull
08-06-2008, 01:12 AM
i did the clutch and it cost me 350 for labor...

was that u roy the white speed3 when i was there? wow thats not too bad of a price did it come out good? was it a stage 2 or 3 clutch u put in?

royroy
08-06-2008, 08:26 AM
was that u roy the white speed3 when i was there? wow thats not too bad of a price did it come out good? was it a stage 2 or 3 clutch u put in?

ya.. it should b me.. is a stage 3 +

whiteomega
08-06-2008, 04:01 PM
ya.. it should b me.. is a stage 3 +

how many clutches has jimmy installed for you? :P

royroy
08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
how many clutches has jimmy installed for you? :P

I would say 1 for now... LOL

btown-mazda
08-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Called Jimmy and made an appointment for next Saturday (23rd) to install my header and resonator. woot woot. This car will really be zoom-zoom now. lol

kid_icarus
08-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Called Jimmy and made an appointment for next Saturday (23rd) to install my header and resonator. woot woot. This car will really be zoom-zoom now. lol

btown i will be there on aug 23 along with blue3 for our sway bar installs
our appointments are at 930 and 11 respectively
maybe we'll see you there.

btown-mazda
08-13-2008, 01:01 PM
btown i will be there on aug 23 along with blue3 for our sway bar installs
our appointments are at 930 and 11 respectively
maybe we'll see you there.

Yeah Jimmy did say he was working on 2 3s earlier that day. How are those Enkei's working out for ya?

M3Nick
08-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Just made an appointment for next Tuesday for a few things! Can't wait :)

Soyabean
08-16-2008, 12:21 AM
got springs installed on friday. Jimmy was very cool to talk with and worked on my car right away. Took about an hour but we were talking and he even taught me how to change the rear sways.

Overall, he lived up to the positive feedback I have read.

+1 for street performance

RallyPlaya
08-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Dropped By @ Jimmy's Y-day to install the H-Techs and What Can i Say another amazing Clean job by Jimmy. He always accomadates all my car needs and honestly i wouldnt take my car to any other mechanic. Truly worth the drive to Markham.... Jimmy is prbly the most hard working person i know and i trust his judgement with my car always ..... thx again Jimmy il See U again Soon =)

M3Nick
08-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I had an appointment today for springs, intake, and exhaust.

He installed the exhaust and intake with no problems what-so-ever. I absolutely love them and the job he did. We found a small error in the Magnaflow instructions where you have to cut behind the 2nd cat, it reads: Cut 20" behind it... when really, it should read you need to cut 2.0" (which is still too short. Using his better judgment he did ~3.5 and it was perfect).

He couldn't put the springs on today because of some seized bolts on the lower left control arm. I am going to buy replacement parts and get back to him ASAP!

Jim was straight up honest, told me what I needed to do, gave me options and advice. I really appreciate that in a mechanic. And for those of you who are wondering, he likes his coffee with cream and sugar. :)

EDIT: I forgot to add, he cleaned my MAF sensor, it looks brand new. The combination of that plus the removal of new intake parts has gotten rid of my rough idle issue.

bluemazda3
08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Just got my prokit installed today!! Jimmy was really busy but managed to fit me in.. very quick and professional install! I'll be coming back for my other mods.. :)

M3Nick
08-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Pro-kit was installed last night!

The install would have been speedy except I had seized bushings on the lower rear driver control arm, so removing that was a PITA for Jim. He's persistent and got the mofo off, so he could put the new control arm on.

After that the spring install took an hour and twenty minutes, but I kept talking to him and asking him things (which he didn't seem to mind at all!), so I kind of held him up!

Guys, seriously bring your cars to Jim for installs! He's a A+++ mechanic who likes to share his expertise with those who are curious, a good installer, and a hard worker.

dj_chinaman2097
08-29-2008, 03:38 PM
I had a clunking noise coming from the wheel well area on the driver's side for about two months. Only happened during low-speeds. I couldn't figure out what it was since it was still happening after I secured all my HID ballasts.

We took a spin around Jimmy's shop and he immediately diagnosed it as a loose strut bolt and fixed it in about 30 mins. Awesome service from an awesome guy.

Will definitely be going back to him if I install a new exhaust.

M3Nick
08-29-2008, 06:34 PM
I had a clunking noise coming from the wheel well area on the driver's side for about two months. Only happened during low-speeds. I couldn't figure out what it was since it was still happening after I secured all my HID ballasts.

We took a spin around Jimmy's shop and he immediately diagnosed it as a loose strut bolt and fixed it in about 30 mins. Awesome service from an awesome guy.

Will definitely be going back to him if I install a new exhaust.

Crap I have this as well :(

stevenlung
09-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Jimmy has moved to a much bigger shop next door (on the right side of his old shop), now he's doing BODY WORK too.

New shop is UNIT 17-18, not UNIT 16 anymore

kid_icarus
09-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Jimmy has moved to a much bigger shop next door (on the right side of his old shop), now he's doing BODY WORK too.

New shop is UNIT 17-18, not UNIT 16 anymore

perfect!!! i'm going there this friday. thanks for the update!

i was so scared backing out of his shop lol

SpeedBaby
09-10-2008, 02:42 PM
perfect!!! i'm going there this friday. thanks for the update!

i was so scared backing out of his shop lol

wait until you have to back out of his new shop! :chuckle

but just to clarify: jimmy doesn't do bodywork himself, however there are auto-body specialist as well as a spray booth in his new unit so body work is offered as well.

Sean80
09-22-2008, 11:47 AM
I got a set of pro-kits installed by Jimmy in April. He was a great guy to talk to and deal with, although he seemed very rushed at the time. All was good until a couple weeks ago when I noticed some pretty bad squeaking coming from the rear suspension. I had this checked out by the dealership on Friday and found out that Jimmy did not tighten the bolts back up on the rear sway bar. (He loosens them off to install the springs) So over the last 6 or 7 months of driving the bolts had rattled themselves right out and my sway bar was just hanging there doing nothing. The dealership put new bolts in and it ended up costing me $85 to have it repaired. I'm pretty disappointed that this happened and that a licensed mechanic would manage to forget something like that. The squeak is now fixed and my car handles a lot better now that the rear sway bar is functioning.....

lancesir
09-22-2008, 12:03 PM
did you notice the loose away bar back in april? I know that the bolts loosened up on my car by themselves (rear sway bar), and I'm not the only one to report this. It seems quite common on the 3. So perhaps it's not Jimmy's fault.

I've also had the endlinks broken twice. I don't know if this is a defect with the car design or MS sways shouldn't be used without other suspension mods. Right now I have MS sways (F+R) on otherwise stock suspension and my endlinks have broken twice in a year.

Sean80
09-22-2008, 01:03 PM
No, I didn't notice it back in April. I just noticed the squeak a few weeks ago and also there was some pretty good rattling going on when I was really pumping my sub. That has all stopped since getting it fixed. All I know is every single bolt that holds the sway bar in the middle section was completely gone. The end links and everything were still okay. I doubt this is something that happened on its own, but you never know....

Effin Itai
09-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Shitty to hear that. When it comes to my car, I'm pro-active and sometimes I will get under and retorque bolts if I have to. I had a strange loud whinning noise coming from the back of the car. Move the tires to the front, it was still there. Jimmy confirmed the issue was a damaged rear wheel bearing. I replaced both rears for a good price. The parts were more expensive. Jimmy did a good job and he will get my business from now on. professional efficient and true to his word. Very rare that you will find that with a mechanic.

2 thumbs up!

blackspeed3
09-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Went to see Jimmy on friday to install ets tmic, cobb sri, rkm bov kit and Omori boost guage and steering column pod. Although it took a wee bit longer then expected the install was A-1. Very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have. Couldn't be any happier and the price was simply unbeatable!

BenChan
09-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Jimmy's new shop is pretty big .. with the paint booth .. he did my CAI .. he finished it pretty fast .. im going to get my ProKits installed there .. hes giving me pretty damn good prices .. too bad he cant do alignments =( but yeah JIMMY +++ great guy too

zoom_concept
09-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Gotta get some stuff done, I did a search and found the location...behind a coffee time?

but reading this post, he has a new location? can any help a newb out and point out where it is

or is it still in that same plazza behinda coffee time?

Fuman
09-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Gotta get some stuff done, I did a search and found the location...behind a coffee time?

but reading this post, he has a new location? can any help a newb out and point out where it is

I think it is in the same plaza
I'll PM you his phone #

Slipstream
09-30-2008, 11:03 PM

same plaza same area lol he's just 1 shop over now to the right of his old one. If anything walk into his old shop the guy there will point u to jim he seems to know when ppl are looking for him.

Fuman
10-07-2008, 03:56 PM
was there just now to fix a punctured tire.
Even took the tire off my bent rim to another OEM rim I purchased long ago (same tire as the punctured one).
At his new shop, Jimmy is faster than before. Rich is still as funny as ever.
Another great service!

Thank you Jimmy, Rich!

Dragazn
10-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Got my rear sways installed by jimmy. It somehow got loose a few days later but brought it back and he fixed it up, no problems. Going back in spring for some rotor installation.

btown-mazda
10-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Got a resonator put on and changed up my tranny oil today, as usual Jimmy's work was always prompt and with diligence, keep up the awesome work.

Fobio
10-21-2008, 12:13 PM
another pleasant experience with Jimmy @ the new shop...

changed pads, fluids, rotors and other minor adjustments...

AskClaudio.com
10-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Pleasant experience with Jimmy this past Saturday. Had brakes and rotors changed. Very fast and very cheap and great service.

Fuman
10-28-2008, 02:07 PM
went to Jimmy for an oil change.
His new employee worked on my car. Great guy, pays attention to detail.
Chatted with Jimmy for a bit. going back to see Jimmy to remove my HIDs (they blew).
10/10 again

Fuman
10-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Saw Jimmy again today.
I got to his shop at 4:30 instead of 6. Jimmy had time to be flexible today =)
Took apart my HIDs only to realize someone disconnected my ballast / igniter cables.
Jimmy laughed his ass off at me. connected the cable and sent me on my way.
Took 10 minutes.

Thank you Jimmy!

sp3GT
11-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Went to Jimmy's today to get my springs swapped out and winter tires put on. Great Service and of course Unbeatable price!

eqlso
11-02-2008, 11:13 AM
He's open on Sundays?? Can someone PM me his new number please?

S.F.W.
11-02-2008, 11:26 AM
He's open on Sundays?? Can someone PM me his new number please?
no new number at the shop. Same as his old one.

eqlso
11-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Oh gotcha. Thx.

whiteomega
11-02-2008, 11:48 AM
i don't think he's open on Sundays. He needs at least one day off ;)

eqlso
11-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah no dice. And he closes pretty early on Sats too :/

Fuman
11-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah no dice. And he closes pretty early on Sats too :/
nice seeing u there today!

Again Jimmy did a great job on my car.
Finally I have matching HIDs again!

dj_chinaman2097
11-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Jimmy and his student mechanic installed the oem speed3 exhaust and resonator on my sedan. His student did most of the work. He needs more practice to make smooth welds like Jimmy. :chuckle

It took around one hour to install.
-cut out original exhaust
-cut speed3 exhaust to fit and weld in resonator
-weld in speed3 exhaust

The exhaust has a nice deep gurgle on cold startup and at low rpms. I opted to install the resonator because I didn't want a loud exhaust, just something with gurgle. It has bite when I accelerate hard.

The only issue I have is after a few days I noticed the exhaust tip doesn't sit centered in the arch on the lower part of the bumper. I'll probably drop by one weekend and ask them to center it properly.

Also, Richard is doing the bodywork now. The paint booth is cool to see in operation. I'll be going back in the Spring to have him repair my rear bumper.

*Update - want to hear how it sounds? watch the videos on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TM3DjChinaMan&view=videos)

eqlso
11-08-2008, 08:42 PM
nice seeing u there today!

Again Jimmy did a great job on my car.
Finally I have matching HIDs again!

Yea...i knew i saw you somewhere before...just couldn't put my finger on it. Good seeing you too.

3DEE
11-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Do they actually sell parts also? Or can they order them?

S.F.W.
11-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Do they actually sell parts also? Or can they order them?
performance parts no. Parts for repair etc, they can source.

Fuman
11-20-2008, 11:06 AM
went to Jimmy yesterday at 5.
My winter tires needed replacing because of nails.
Thankfully, my friend had a spare set of winters.
Jimmy and his co-workers stayed behind and waited for my friend to delivery the snow tires.
There were no new customers yesterday by 6pm, my friend arrived at 6:30.
Thank you Street Performance for the favour!

Thrizzl3
11-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Went to Jimmy on tuesday to get my H-techs installed
busy day lol he hated my car due to nuts that were stuck
stayed an extra Hr still charged me the same price he quoted me
job well done:)

thanks jimmy

MSMitch
12-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Jimmy installed my Cp-e engine mount today in record time - and WOW what a difference!
Thanks!

queens49
12-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Jimmy installed my Cp-e engine mount today in record time - and WOW what a difference!
Thanks!

Hahah, awesome to hear that you can feel the difference. I'll be going to Jimmy's this afternoon to get my mount installed

Fuman
01-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Have to say thank you to Jimmy and his crew.
Had a small accident a few days ago, thought the car was fine.
Took the car out yesterday and realized something was wrong.
Luckily, Jimmy was open, he inspect my car, and found that my alignment was slightly off.
The majority of the issue was due to a difference in tire pressure which Chris (Jimmy's co-worker) fixed. Did my alignment today at J&K (referred by Jimmy) and my toe was off.

Went back to Jimmy earlier on today to check if my tire was leaking air. We used a few methods to check for air leak but found nothing.We suspect that it was ice between the tire and the rim. Richard put some hot water on it and told me to monitor it. (it was originally leaking 1 psi every 3 hours).

Thank you Street Performance for opening during this time of year and their due diligence when inspecting my car.

bunchi
01-30-2009, 01:36 PM
how much is it now for springs installation at Jimmy's? thanks

Tsirpas
02-12-2009, 09:19 AM
$100.00

Who wants to know something funny?

Canadian Tire quoted me $240.00 PER WHEEL

LMAO morons.

omalak
02-12-2009, 09:32 AM
100 for spring install? Nice

Does anyone know what Jimmy charges for alignment after a spring install?

S.F.W.
02-12-2009, 10:38 AM
100 for spring install? Nice

Does anyone know what Jimmy charges for alignment after a spring install?

he doesn't do alignment. Doesn't have the capability.

bunchi
02-12-2009, 01:34 PM
$100.00

LMAO morons.

thanks!

240 per wheel? they crazy? maybe you should reiterate that you are just asking for install... not buying the springs from them, and all their tools! :chuckle

btown-mazda
02-12-2009, 01:40 PM
$100.00

LMAO morons.

They are known as Crappy Tire for a reason. They wanted to charge me well over $100 to just read my CEL.

mleblond
02-12-2009, 01:51 PM
$100.00

LMAO morons.

The fact that you even called Canadian Tire for a quote is a major fail. Don't do it to your mazda. Find yourself a good tech that knows his shit and use him (or her) all the time. Random Canadian Tire tech = Random failures.

Secondly, Jimmy is that man for mazda's. I come from Kingston to have him work on my car.

Hives
02-13-2009, 12:23 AM
The fact that you even called Canadian Tire for a quote is a major fail. Don't do it to your mazda. Find yourself a good tech that knows his shit and use him (or her) all the time. Random Canadian Tire tech = Random failures.

Secondly, Jimmy is that man for mazda's. I come from Kingston to have him work on my car.

U come from Kingston? Whoaaaaaa lollll.

boost123
02-25-2009, 04:20 PM
where is he located?

yearoftherat
02-25-2009, 05:31 PM
where is he located?

Read post #12.

Tsirpas
02-26-2009, 03:50 AM
He truly is the man, haha great guy!

Dragazn
02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Brought in my car to Jimmy NUMEROUS times and very happy with the results.. Just brought in my car to fix a leak from my tire. It had a nail in it.. FIXED and for a damn good price... Thanks Jimmy

JohnyGT
02-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Jimmy is just awesome. Good skills, nice price.

BenChan
02-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Jimmy is a great guy. Got my MS3 exhaust done last week and he did a GREAT job! ALSO i JUST got my suspension done KYB-GR2 + Prokit done yesterday he did an amazing job on that. Good service from everyone there too!

Malcolm991
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
I went to see Jimmy this morning to get my pro-kits installed! In and out in an hour and only $100, you cant get any better! Jimmy seems like a great guy to deal with and he has my business from now on. If you need work done at a reasonable price then Jimmy's the guy to go see!

jcutner
03-02-2009, 05:35 PM
I went to see Jimmy this morning to get my pro-kits installed! In and out in an hour and only $100, you cant get any better! Jimmy seems like a great guy to deal with and he has my business from now on. If you need work done at a reasonable price then Jimmy's the guy to go see!

hope we dont get anymore snow, for your sake!

Malcolm991
03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
hope we dont get anymore snow, for your sake!

Still have my winters on!

SiLENTSNiPE
03-02-2009, 08:55 PM
i must say Jimmy is an honest and great guy. i would definitely recommend all my friends and anyone that is looking for a shop to give him a visit.

omalak
03-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Jimmy needs to get on this board! lol :)

BenChan
03-02-2009, 11:06 PM
so your the guy he was talking about when i got there. he said something about installing springs on a 3 a few mins before i got there for an oil change. i got my prokit + kyb + front strut bar installed by jimmy last week. GREAT guy + GREAT price agreed. he also hooked me up today with an alignment and helped me put on my TM3 stickers / Axela badge / zoomzoom stickers (thanks for the stickers and badge jeff from MoT) if anything needs to be done to my 3 hatch, jimmy is the place ill be heading to!

bunchi
03-03-2009, 11:59 AM
so your the guy he was talking about when i got there. he said something about installing springs on a 3 a few mins before i got there for an oil change. i got my prokit + kyb + front strut bar installed by jimmy last week. GREAT guy + GREAT price agreed. he also hooked me up today with an alignment and helped me put on my TM3 stickers / Axela badge / zoomzoom stickers (thanks for the stickers and badge jeff from MoT) if anything needs to be done to my 3 hatch, jimmy is the place ill be heading to!

which place did he hook you up for alignment? I'll need one soon. thanks

BenChan
03-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Ask Richard Jimmys buddy that does body work there. Or you can just ask Jimmy and they will give you the guys card. Its at McCowan and Hwy7.

Greg_di
03-04-2009, 09:17 PM
got my cai and short shifter done there for amazing price. Was done quick and Jimmy once finished showed me around and let me know exactly what he did. Definately recomment street performance and will be back there for more installs!

cereal83
03-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Is it still $100 for spring install?

Malcolm991
03-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Is it still $100 for spring install?

Yes!

cereal83
03-06-2009, 06:13 PM
How come he says $150 when I call?

Malcolm991
03-06-2009, 06:16 PM
How come he says $150 when I call?

Maybe he raised his price! I paid $100 last Friday! Still a good price.

cereal83
03-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I even called before winter and he said $150 and I have been there 4 times to get raised or lowered

Malcolm991
03-06-2009, 08:49 PM
I even called before winter and he said $150 and I have been there 4 times to get raised or lowered

I dont know what to tell you, that's what I paid! So he has charged you $150 each time you have been there?

p_k
03-07-2009, 01:14 AM
wowo, $100 ,, that a great price,

silentRAGE
03-07-2009, 07:38 AM
i just got my car lowered their a week ago.. they charged me $100 flat.. it took just about 1 hour..

Slipstream
03-10-2009, 04:59 AM

ive been there 2 times for springs and it was $100 flat but ive been hearing from my bro (tsx forum) that jimmy has to change some stuff around his shop? i dont know if its true or not because i havnt been there since beginning of winter but this is from what im hearing.
-new owner (old guy at the shop)
-raising prices (unconfirmed)
-cant be in the garage when work is being done (????) something about insurance..

My bro is the one who referred me to jim and i got nothing but good reviews and recommendations to him, this is just the experience my bro had when he visited, maybe it was jims bad day or something but like i said everything is unconfirmed.

whiteomega
03-10-2009, 10:46 AM
he's in the same building, but moved next door. i'm not sure about his prices going up; maybe his rent has gone up in the new shop and he needs to compensate.

also, yes, for insurance reasons he won't let anyone into the back of the shop anymore; his insurance does NOT cover incidents that happen when non-employees are back there.

such coverage is apparently possible but will raise his rates fairly significantly. the new shop has a nice, large window you can look through to watch him work. it sucks for those of us looking to learn something, but that's the way it goes.

3DEE
03-11-2009, 12:22 PM
What's Jimmy's phone number? The one I have always gets a busy dial tone. Maybe he changed it. I need a CAI installed. Anyone knows how much he charges?

MistaChin
03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Got my CAI installed last week and it took about 20-30 minutes. Costed me $40 CASH. The number on his card is 416-450-6161 (Cell) and 905-946-0990 (Shop).

3DEE
03-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Is that with taking the bumper off? Damn that's fast.

whiteomega
03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
he's got a hoist. no need to remove the bumper in most cases.

mleblond
03-11-2009, 05:02 PM
lol ya he upgraded big time! brand new hoist, tire machine, and the list goes on... so it's normal price go up a bit. Still can't be them however :)

bluemazda3
03-12-2009, 12:21 AM
wowo, $100 ,, that a great price,

I got mine done for $80 :chuckle I guess Jimmy felt bad since ppl came by to chit chat.. great guy!!! drove all the way from hamilton.. cant beat his price..

Fuman
03-12-2009, 02:17 AM
I got mine done for $80 :chuckle I guess Jimmy felt bad since ppl came by to chit chat.. great guy!!! drove all the way from hamilton.. cant beat his price..
or his service (at least from my experience)

marvin24k
03-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Got my oil change done yesterday by Jimmy. Very very nice guy, very very good price.
The service went smooth, and it was excellent. Will definitely go back again. Just make sure you make an appointment, so that you are not waiting a long time.

Marvin.

cereal83
03-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I think he is trying to raise his prices for doing this and that's why he is saying $150 since all other shops charge $150 now for the same thing. Sucks so I did the install myself.