PDA

View Full Version : Include location of poster under Avatar

IMHIP2
03-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Is there an option in the software that would allow for the location of the individual to be displayed? Usually in the user CP.
I would find it helpful if I knew if the poster was in Ajax or London, Barrie or Hamilton. Bubba puts his location in his signature (very helpful) so I know he is from ********* and thus I know if he is making a reference to a local event or discussing a local shop, I know it would be a bit of a trip for me to take advantage and thus could plan accordingly.

Currently it shows the following:
Number of Posts

Just a suggestion as I know other forums I am on have this feature.

Thanks

Jeff-TheBiz
03-24-2007, 11:41 AM
I can tell you exactly why that isnt there...

With the amount of $ and upgrades people have put into their cars, the location coupled with a quick member search would create a shopping list for would be thieves.

It was decided to leave out the members location/stomping ground as a security measure for the members.

IMHIP2
03-24-2007, 11:45 AM
That makes very good sense for a local club. Thanks for the response.

cereal83
03-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Well, just by reading Mazda3 sightings thread, you can find out what part of the GTA everybody is from!

bubba1983
03-24-2007, 12:51 PM
on that note, IMHIP2, ill keep a sharp eye for you around my neck of the woods!!!
lol

Xerox
03-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I can tell you exactly why that isnt there...

With the amount of $ and upgrades people have put into their cars, the location coupled with a quick member search would create a shopping list for would be thieves.

It was decided to leave out the members location/stomping ground as a security measure for the members.

There's an easy fix for that. Stay Bone-Stock! HAHA :chuckle j/k

IMHIP2
03-24-2007, 02:47 PM
on that note, IMHIP2, ill keep a sharp eye for you around my neck of the woods!!!
lol

Specifically look out for me on holiday weekends since we usually pack up the kids and visit relatives west of London and need to pass by ********* on the way!

I will edit my first post to take out your location just in case you want to update your sig one day.

bubba1983
03-24-2007, 03:53 PM
hahah dude man i don't care! i jus liek playin with words!!!!

TheProfessor
03-24-2007, 09:47 PM
I'd personally still like to see location displayed. It's not like it has to be mandatory, and nobody is going to put their street address. People could just put city, like North York in my case.

justin
03-24-2007, 11:09 PM
I like Jeff's reasoning. Sure, I haven't spent as much on my car as most ppl, but I don't want people having even a general idea of where I live.

I had enough fun replacing our last car which was stolen in the dead of night. I don't want to go through that whole hassle again. And the ins. co. prolly wouldn't cover the mods anyways.

b
03-25-2007, 01:41 AM
I vote no for having location!!!

Xerox
03-25-2007, 06:44 AM
If the option of putting your location exists but you're really concerned about possible theives, put a bogus location like Kitchener when you actually live in Toronto or Mississauga, etc. - you get the idea. That would really throw them off! Bad new for Bubba though...they might just find his car instead. :chuckle

justin
03-25-2007, 09:36 AM
If the option of putting your location exists but you're really concerned about possible theives, put a bogus location like Kitchener when you actually live in Toronto or Mississauga, etc. - you get the idea. That would really throw them off! Bad new for Bubba though...they might just find his car instead. :chuckle

LOL

bubba1983
03-25-2007, 03:14 PM
bastids!!!
your black listed!!!

Pimpin_29y
03-26-2007, 10:52 PM
The signature should remain optional. If members want to post their location they can simply do so in the signature section.

the_dinger
05-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I agree there should be more details