PDA

View Full Version : Resolved!!Prima Lease Buyout...Smmmooth

ecokenny
03-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Dear all members,

I have the great opportunity to speak to Mr. Said Elfiki this afternoon and we had a lengthy conversation in regards to my issue. We have arrived at a conclusion that it was a total miscommunication and misunderstanding between us, and we both hoped that we could have spoken prior to my previous thread was being published.

Prima Mazda had been in business for 11 years+ and to my belief there is no reason for them to have done something similar to this in any way because this is simply damaging their reputation. Mr. Elfiki had rectified the issue as soon as he received my dispute via Mazda Credit and had immediately discharged and paid off my car. Within two days Mazda Credit was able to send out the discharge statement which I later received after a week.

Mr Elfiki had discussed with me in length all the details in-depth and I found out Prima Mazda were not only honest, but also proactive in resolving customer issues as they placed customer service as their first priority. Mr. Elfiki took ownership of the dispute and handled it with professionalism. I feel much appreciated.

I apologize for all unnecessary comments on this forum targeting Prima Mazda or Mr. Elfiki, as the issue had been rectified and dealt with at the very beginning, but miscommunication had kept me distant from being advised of the result.

With lots of smiles...:chuckle

b
03-27-2007, 06:06 PM
We have arrived at a conclusion that it was a total miscommunication and misunderstanding between us

Now you are just being too nice... They screwed you. However, glad to hear it was resolved. Lucky the other thread was locked before I posted my reply to what PrimaMazda said...

gofish
03-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Great to hear. Your a class act for this post. Most people would have left it alone and not explained to the rest of us leaving Prima to look like the bad guy.

Garu
03-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Good stuff and good to hear everything has worked out.

ecokenny
03-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Great to hear. Your a class act for this post. Most people would have left it alone and not explained to the rest of us leaving Prima to look like the bad guy.

Mr. Elfiki is a very polite and classy gentleman and the company has been around for 11+ years. I have every reason to believe he and Prima would never in any case be involved in this, basically the damage would overweight the benefit for doing such an act.

He assured me he is running his business with integrity and welcomed me to return to Prima in the future as he will be treating me as his valued customer.

:)

m_a_t_r_i_x
03-27-2007, 08:22 PM

+1, completely agree...

PlatMS6
03-27-2007, 08:29 PM
SOOO how much hush money??

:P

Jeff-TheBiz
03-27-2007, 08:49 PM
SOOO how much hush money??

:P

:chuckle

ecokenny
03-27-2007, 08:53 PM
To be able to arrive at a mutual agreement is better than any sort of monetary compensation. If I were to have the intention to seek any sort of monetary compensation, I wouldn't have waited until today, nor I would start any conversation with Mr. Elfiki.:)

ecokenny
03-27-2007, 08:53 PM
+1

PlatMS6
03-28-2007, 04:27 AM
Believe it or not but Mazda has their own makeshift internal credit system.
I know when I was getting the MS6, they got a printout on my familys history with Mazda that goes back to 97. It had a section with # of payments missed within 30/60/90/120+ days I believe, and thankfully all was 0-0-0-0-0. They pretty much told me I was approved on the spot, with minimal info provided.
So I would keep this "incident" documented pretty well!

TheProfessor
03-28-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm sorry but this sounds a little sketchy. You're talking like you work for them now or something. Unless you care to elaborate on the 'miscommunication' part, I can't see how you wouldn't still be upset by the whole thing.

Wild Weasel
03-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Was there some explanation as to what actually happened? I mean... it doesn't sound like they were scamming you. As you'd mentioned, if they went out of business you could have been in trouble but that seems like a very unlikely possibility. It also doesn't seem like they had much if any benefit out of it.

Did the guy who processed your cheque simply screw up and do it wrong or something? It seems like he knew what would happen when he told you to expect a few more lease statements.

It all just seems weird.

PlatMS6
03-28-2007, 09:04 AM
^^^^
I agree with PROF, your true feelings were etched in the last post, and I wouldn't think that any sweettalkin would settle the crap they did you...

I am hoping that you got something out of this ordeal and that in exchange something like this goes away from the public, which we can understand... but I am not buying it when you say that you had a nice chat with a manager and you're all fixed up now...

Hmmm... trade up to MS3 for free? ...because thats what I would expect :SERIOUSLY:

31000-20k=11000k settlement :P ... which really isn't out of the realm of possibility when they actually did something illegal and immoral there

ecokenny
03-28-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm sorry but this sounds a little sketchy. You're talking like you work for them now or something. Unless you care to elaborate on the 'miscommunication' part, I can't see how you wouldn't still be upset by the whole thing.

After talking to the GM, I am convinced that Mazda would take every necessary steps to correct any errors made. Moreover, I haven't lost a penny in the whole ordeal, and the GM took ownership to investigate and rectify the whole situation with efficiency and professionalism. I must say I was putting up my previous thread with a little over-aggressive without looking at what Prima Mazda has done on the other end. Mr Elfiki and I both agreed we should have sat down last week for a cup of coffee and discussed any questions I had at that time.

There is just absolutely no reason for him to risk the reputation of his multi-million dollars enterprise for the minimal benefit from my $20k. It just doesn't justify.

Wild Weasel
03-28-2007, 09:25 AM
There is just absolutely no reason for him to risk the reputation of his multi-million dollars enterprise for the minimal benefit from my $20k. It just doesn't justify.

I totally understand that. So the question remains... what happened and why did it happen?

majic
03-28-2007, 09:26 AM
ah so i guess a cup of coffee did it ;)

CanadaGTO
03-28-2007, 09:33 AM
.... I must say I was putting up my previous thread with a little over-aggressive without looking at what Prima Mazda has done on the other end......

Maybe it was your aggressive nature that led to the satisfactory outcome?

Anyway, you're happy now, that's what matters to you. The rest of us might take away a different lesson :)

Being in business though, I do realize that some mistakes can happen, and sometimes you shouldn't be judged so much on the mistake, but how you can rectify it a satisfactory manner.

ecokenny
03-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Being in business though, I do realize that some mistakes can happen, and sometimes you shouldn't be judged so much on the mistake, but how you can rectify it a satisfactory manner.

I have witnessed and investigated many internal deficiencies through my career in the financial industry. I mean, even multi-billion dollars corporation don't have a perfect audit system that can track every minute things going on. Of course errors and mistakes happen on a daily basis. What matters most is how this corporate goes above and beyond their scope of duties to identify and rectify those existing problems and working to improve themselves one step at a time, with the ultimate goal of achieving higher customer service standards.

ecokenny
03-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Hmmm... trade up to MS3 for free? ...

Nono, I am still driving my 2004 Mazda 3 GT, and as I have mentioned it is resolved to our mutual conclusion.

Mazda Canada had promised to review internally in regards to procedures, and I am happy that they are listenning.

I will call it an end to this thread and thank you to all of your comments.

:)
:lock

Caz
03-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Thats it? I just made freash popcorn so I could watch this whole thing unfold and then...... the credits roll, story over.

Gals to see you are happy with the solution. That is all that matters.

fin.

Wild Weasel
03-28-2007, 11:29 AM
I totally understand that. So the question remains... what happened and why did it happen?

Is this going to get answered?

This is smelling more and more like a coverup now...

ecokenny
03-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Is this going to get answered?

This is smelling more and more like a coverup now...

I believed Prima has taken the steps to rectify the problem as I found out the Leasing Manager who handled my case is no longer working for the dealership.

TheProfessor
03-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Do you know that they fired him for his questionable practices? Just wanted to know out of curiousity.

Wild Weasel
03-28-2007, 12:03 PM
I believed Prima has taken the steps to rectify the problem as I found out the Leasing Manager who handled my case is no longer working for the dealership.

I understand that there is no more problem. I'm just curious as to why there was a problem in the first place.

Did the leasing manager have anthing to gain from what he did, or did he simply not know how to do it correctly?

Are there dozens of other clients right now in the same boat?

Was it a scam or a mistake?

Did you get any explanation that you're not telling us or are you just letting it go because the manager was nice to you?

Broli
03-28-2007, 12:17 PM
i am sure thar your situation was resolved nicely for you . . .

but what kind of misunderstanding could it have been that cause ur paid for car to seem not paid for?

you should have gave them shit, got the resolution you wanted, said thanks and gave them shit again!!

lol, that is obviously overdramatization, but, why not tell us

1. what caused the orginaly problem
2. how it was possibly a misunderstanding on your part!

maybe it would have been better to state that "they farked up pretty bad, but the cleaned house (if they did) and they worked hard to peacfully and professionaly solve this issue for me"

ecokenny
03-28-2007, 12:29 PM
I would say it is more likely to be a mistake as Prima has no justified reason to risk their reptutation to for my $20k.

I have already revealed the whole conversation with the GM in detail, nothing more nothing less. Bottomline is Prima and I have achieved closure to this matter.

It has been 4 months since my initiate report to Mazda Canada, and they must have taken action as they promised, to internally reconcile and rectify anything necessary to prevent the same error from happenning.

Broli
03-28-2007, 12:36 PM
thats good to hear!

and i am glad that it worked out well for you!!

Wild Weasel
03-28-2007, 12:46 PM
So they didn't tell you what happened then?

I mean... if someone got fired, then I'm assuming that something very wrong was done. It would be nice to know what that was and what's being done to ensure someone else doesn't do it again.

Doesn't sound like we're gonna get anything more out of kenny here though. http://www.precizion.org/forums/images/smiles/gotme.gif

Fuman
03-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Doesn't sound like we're gonna get anything more out of kenny here though. http://www.precizion.org/forums/images/smiles/gotme.gif
I don't think so either. Well, I guess we learned that if in doubt, deal with prima's GM.

justin
04-01-2007, 01:15 PM

+1... Even if the whole thing was solved, I would be wary of dealing with them in the future... I wouldn't go as far as bashing them, but I would make it known to others about what happened. And then I'd give them Jeff's number. ;)

Good to hear you got it sorted out though.

Effin Itai
04-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Prima might be pretty smooth in the showroom. When it comes to maintanence and parts, they suck! I went in there for a simple tire plug and patch, left with a scratched rim! They replaced the rim almost 3 weeks later. When I went back to get that installed, I left with my hood opened noticed by the kind driver on the road beside me. I was totally irrate and I'm assuming Prima doesn't want my money. Prima never saw my money again.

With me, if you screw up once, you will never see me again. Simple as that!

jaguar
04-07-2007, 01:15 PM

Mazda is part of the Dilawri group of companies. I've seen my dealership constantly change their employees by swapping with other dealerships (not just Mazda but Mitsubishi as well). Your leasing manager may have just been relocated to another dealership and could continue to pull off these scams. But we'll never know...