PDA

View Full Version : Custom Pipes

bigfoot0
04-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi all,

I've finally decided to get off my ass and start a new hobby, plus my waranty is close to its end I'm looking to start messing with my m3. I'm also looking forward to coming out to some of the meets.

Anyways, I'm looking at picking up an cai, prob aem, and a cat back setup.

I've been looking at all the costs and its clearly more economic for custom pipes..

I like this trubendz setup: 2.5" with a highflow cat and magnaflow muffler.
I know vibrant also does a highlfow cat kit too.

I've found a few shops that can do custom work nearby, however I have no experiences with any of them. I was wondering if anyone who had similar work done can recommend a shop in the GTA area. I'm in Richmond Hill btw.

p.s. my car is in the shop right now because I have a slow tranny fluid leak and the fan motor is making a a buzzing sound :(

BF.

wingnut12
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I thought about going the custom route before eventually going prefab. While I was talking to one of the shop owners, he set me straight on the different types of steel that are used, the prices that go along with them and the consequences of each type.

Basically, the higher the grade, the more corrosion resistant, the longer it will last, and the more you'll pay.

I didn't end up going that way because a good custom one was going to cost me double what a good comparable prefab one would, but at least I knew what I was looked for then.

WhiteSpeed3
04-05-2007, 07:02 PM
i dont know who u were talking to about prices but i had a custom dual exhaust done at skyline speed tuning in woodbridge they do great work and even thow i got a special price for working there it would have been less than a prefab one

give them a call talk to frank 905-851-0911 tell him vince sent u and he will hook u up for sure.

justin
04-05-2007, 07:11 PM
tell him vince sent u and he will hook u up for sure.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I KNOW YOUR NAME NOW!!!!!! :chuckle

bigfoot0
04-05-2007, 07:18 PM
thanks,

I noticed there are a couple shops in the woodbridge area...

I understand the appeal of a prefab setup, I'll make sure to compare my two options and make a final descision before i commite to the custom work.

So it looks like i'll check out the place in woodbridge, acutally i work in the area, so maybe i'll stop by there some time next week.

Your duel prob looks pretty sick ws3, I dont think i'll do anything like that (my wife might notice..lol)

BF.

WhiteSpeed3
04-05-2007, 07:36 PM
it did look good but it has been put to rest some idiot lost control of his car and hit me

bigfoot0
04-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Ouch!

I never got hit when i drove an old chevy corsica hand me down, then I go and pick up a mazda3 and ....

I got rear ended, and the parking lot has been my worst enemy 3 times.

I still have some ugly war wounds i still need to clean up.. but my priorities are all messed up so i'll buy a cai first..lol

Houndskull
04-06-2007, 01:59 AM
thanks,

I noticed there are a couple shops in the woodbridge area...

I understand the appeal of a prefab setup, I'll make sure to compare my two options and make a final descision before i commite to the custom work.

So it looks like i'll check out the place in woodbridge, acutally i work in the area, so maybe i'll stop by there some time next week.

Your duel prob looks pretty sick ws3, I dont think i'll do anything like that (my wife might notice..lol)

BF.

i guess it all boils down to preference and if you know someone. the vibrant ones or the MS are pretty good i heard winguts car and it sounds good. i have a custom made on with magnaflow on it just coz i knew the guy and he cut me off a deal. for CAI i would go with either MS coz i liek the splash guard that came with it. wingnut can confirm that coz i always look at his intake lol. the AEM one which i have is good too it comes with the dryflow now so no more oiling. so it all boils down to preference i guess

bigfoot0
04-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Well,

I was leaning for the ms cai because of the splash gaurd, but the price at the dealer is kinda silly. I was at the dealer a few days ago, took a look at the rates (wo/ any discount) written in the mazda catalogue in the parts dept. $540ish for the cai, CTA sell the AEM for about half of that.

The MS cat-back is not too badly priced in the book it was about $750 which is comparable to some of the others.

Idealy, I don't want to drop much over $1k for both the intake and exhaust.

BF.

Houndskull
04-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Well,

I was leaning for the ms cai because of the splash gaurd, but the price at the dealer is kinda silly. I was at the dealer a few days ago, took a look at the rates (wo/ any discount) written in the mazda catalogue in the parts dept. $540ish for the cai, CTA sell the AEM for about half of that.

The MS cat-back is not too badly priced in the book it was about $750 which is comparable to some of the others.

Idealy, I don't want to drop much over $1k for both the intake and exhaust.

BF.

i called dave wood mazda before i had everything put in. the only reason why i called them was that i got the car from them. but the guy at the parts dept quoted me 1200+ including install and discount. did you try asking MOT?

bigfoot0
04-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Ya, I sent a pm to flippy. Waiting on a response, otherwise I'll call MOT on tuesday.

BF.