PDA

View Full Version : Bump stops + Sportlines

DrunknFoo
04-06-2007, 03:19 AM
Well I've been riding these H-techs for just over a year now and am now considering the Sportlines.
My concern/question... When I had the H-techs installed, I had the bump stops cut slightly as per instruction. Now then, would I be fine with the eibachs or should I purchase new bump stops for proper setup?

MPS
04-06-2007, 03:27 AM
as far as i know there was some thing about cutting them with Pro kits but i never did :)

DrunknFoo
04-06-2007, 08:48 PM
as far as i know there was some thing about cutting them with Pro kits but i never did :)

Do you recall how much they recommended the bumpstops to be cut for the eibachs?

I think on my h-techs about 1" of the stop was cut. I guess it shouldn't matter too much

gunmetalzoom
05-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Ive got the sportline on mine and i never cut them .....

sp3GT
05-13-2007, 01:31 PM
I have H-techs but I didn't know you're suppose to cut for such a mild drop?

gunmetalzoom
05-26-2007, 11:48 AM
which bump stops are you guys taliking about?

dentinger
05-26-2007, 01:23 PM
um, i have the eibach sportlines, and the instructions say to cut 20mm off of the bump stops.. i never did,... but that may also be the cause of my clunking noise

Nextmod
05-28-2007, 02:12 AM
well you know I Carry them. so when you are ready =) let me konw

Wild Weasel
05-28-2007, 09:53 AM
which bump stops are you guys taliking about?

Are you asking what bump stops are? Or are you asking whether it's the front or the back or something?

gunmetalzoom
05-31-2007, 08:24 PM
where are the bump stops located in the back?

dentinger
06-01-2007, 10:09 PM
just in front of the springs i believe....
or maybe even centered in the spring.... hmm...i forget...
but i could better tell ya on monday when the magnaflow goes in!!!!

oh, and i was talking to cta patrique today, about my springs, and the clunking noise im hearing, and he said i should just leave it and not cut the bump stops because the shock will wear out faster....

blk_muzda
06-03-2007, 10:10 PM
bump stops are there to stop your shock travel right? I am lowered in H-techs and I don't think they were cut. Whenever I go over bump/ potholes/ railroad a little too fast, I hear a loud bang which I don't hear on the stock setup. I think it could be the bumpstops stopping the shock travel, but I don't know much about suspension so I don't know how it could be fixed

DrunknFoo
06-04-2007, 03:10 PM
bump stops are there to stop your shock travel right? I am lowered in H-techs and I don't think they were cut. Whenever I go over bump/ potholes/ railroad a little too fast, I hear a loud bang which I don't hear on the stock setup. I think it could be the bumpstops stopping the shock travel, but I don't know much about suspension so I don't know how it could be fixed

I had my bump stops cut as per Teins instructions for the H-techs and get the same bang noises as you've described..

After switching the shocks/springs (koni/prokit) these bangs never came back with the same cut bumpstops

blk_muzda
06-04-2007, 03:27 PM
drunknfoo, did you use Koni yellow or FSD? And did you do an alignment after swopping out your Teins?

How does the ride compare?

DrunknFoo
06-04-2007, 10:10 PM
that means time for new shocks/springs...

drunknfoo, did you use Koni yellow or FSD? And did you do an alignment after swopping out your Teins?

How does the ride compare?

Swapped out for yellows, but honestly the bangs occured the same day I installed the h-techs (car was 1 week old at the time)

After the swap, waited 1 week then did the alignment at Gilman auto (wanted to avoid unnecessary wear out of my new rubbers)