PDA

View Full Version : Scarboro Mazda... Awesome MS3 purchase experience

Unoriginalusername
04-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Meet the GM at the TO autoshow, was great at answering all my questions. He is a car guy and is super honest, never found a dealer who over the course of an hours chat never lied about something even if its small... that really impressed me.

There were no MS3's around for a test drive in Jan/Feb/march but when one came in he let me know (i had put a deposit down). By comparision Guelph mazda also let me know they had a unit, I went there first and the sales woman was full of BS, the test drive was about a KM long and everyhing was the a-typical negative dealer experience. We show up at Scarboro mazda, they put a plate on the car and hand us (my wife and I) the keys and say come back when you've made up your mind... we only did a few km anyway since that is the car we ended up taking but none the less we were really impressed with the respect we were treated with.

They helped get me a grad rebate, the first month free thing that started in April and an additional discount off of MRSP. All in all i couldn't be happier, and I can't wait to pick up the car this coming Monday. they have another black mica coming in from the march production run if you are looking for one, i would deffenitly recommend them

Sean80
04-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Don't you love how easy it can be? I had a similar experience with the whole test drive thing when I bought mine. Every other dealer I went to only let me take cars for a spin around the block. Mazda let me take it for as long as I wanted so I could try it out on all sorts of roads.

Flagrum_3
04-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Glad to hear of your good experience, GM's a nice guy and avid racer too, did he show you his RX-7 racer? Nice colour choice by the way and congrats on the car!

_3

Unoriginalusername
04-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Glad to hear of your good experience, GM's a nice guy and avid racer too, did he show you his RX-7 racer? Nice colour choice by the way and congrats on the car!

_3

He did... got to sit in it, now those are nice seats and a short throw sifter lol. super nice guy, wish all dealerships had quality people like that but if they did i suppose everyone would buy more cars

Unoriginalusername
04-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Don't you love how easy it can be? I had a similar experience with the whole test drive thing when I bought mine. Every other dealer I went to only let me take cars for a spin around the block. Mazda let me take it for as long as I wanted so I could try it out on all sorts of roads.

exactly... when i bought my last car i test drove a bmw, they offer you coffee and let you drive as much as you need, you go to other dealerships with a far less expensive car and they treat it like a ferrari. supper restrictive anal sales people suck

Jeff-TheBiz
04-14-2007, 09:57 AM
exactly... when i bought my last car i test drove a bmw, they offer you coffee and let you drive as much as you need, you go to other dealerships with a far less expensive car and they treat it like a ferrari. supper restrictive anal sales people suck

:agree

It is only a car. If this pattern continued down the line I suppose if you went into a Daewoo dealership all the cars would be under glass.

Wild Weasel
04-14-2007, 01:31 PM
All the dealers I went to, including Scarborough Mazda and MoT, said I couldn't test drive one unless I was buying it.

I still haven't driven one. :(

Jeff-TheBiz
04-14-2007, 02:13 PM
All the dealers I went to, including Scarborough Mazda and MoT, said I couldn't test drive one unless I was buying it.

I didn't even have one when you came in, did I?

By the way I do have one available to test drives now. It is actually a red demo from Mazda Canada.

Unoriginalusername
04-14-2007, 06:07 PM

Well Scarboro hasn't had one in since the fall, the first one that came in two weeks ago was there for about 3 hours before it had a sold sign on it lol. Not having a car to drive versus not letting you drive one are two different things lol.

vlee
04-23-2007, 02:52 AM
There pretty good i bought mine there too!

Unoriginalusername
04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
There pretty good i bought mine there too!

Glad to hear, I am planning to get a CAI from them shortly as well. Too new to speak to the service side of things but the buying experience was awesome

Flagrum_3
04-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Glad to hear, I am planning to get a CAI from them shortly as well. Too new to speak to the service side of things but the buying experience was awesome

I'd go see Flippy at MoT about the CAI if I were you, Scarboro has no member discount, they used too but not anymore.....Flippy's his name parts is his game.

_3

rocketdawg
05-10-2007, 09:14 AM
This is my second car from Scarboro Mazda and they have always delt with me in a professional and courteous manner, whether from sales staff, GM, or service.

Meet the GM at the TO autoshow, was great at answering all my questions. He is a car guy and is super honest, never found a dealer who over the course of an hours chat never lied about something even if its small... that really impressed me.

There were no MS3's around for a test drive in Jan/Feb/march but when one came in he let me know (i had put a deposit down). By comparision Guelph mazda also let me know they had a unit, I went there first and the sales woman was full of BS, the test drive was about a KM long and everyhing was the a-typical negative dealer experience. We show up at Scarboro mazda, they put a plate on the car and hand us (my wife and I) the keys and say come back when you've made up your mind... we only did a few km anyway since that is the car we ended up taking but none the less we were really impressed with the respect we were treated with.

They helped get me a grad rebate, the first month free thing that started in April and an additional discount off of MRSP. All in all i couldn't be happier, and I can't wait to pick up the car this coming Monday. they have another black mica coming in from the march production run if you are looking for one, i would deffenitly recommend them

Unoriginalusername
05-10-2007, 10:19 AM
I'd go see Flippy at MoT about the CAI if I were you, Scarboro has no member discount, they used too but not anymore.....Flippy's his name parts is his game.
_3

Got a great discount on the CAI and the install from Scarboro, another good experience :)

Tokic_o
06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I just purchased my mazda 3 from Scaboro Mazda a few weeks ago....the GM there (the chiense guy) was helping me.....he was the best sales i've ever encountered.....he told me all the pros and cons of the car as well as all the minor details and he gave me a great price!...I'd highly suggest visiting Scarboro Mazda if you are interested in getting a Mazda!

yellowmp5
06-25-2007, 11:24 PM
isn't Alan Balinsky the GM? not the chinese guy? correct me if i'm wrong,

however, i bought my 07 MS6 in scarboro also...Alan treated me very kindly....
and no other dealership can beat/or come close to their trade-in offer for
my old car....and offered me the best deal on my MS6, again no other
dealership can come close to their discount....

Alan is a very very helpful individual....and knows the inside/outside of the MS6..since he also own one too.....

argos
06-25-2007, 11:28 PM

Alan is a very very helpful individual....and knows the inside/outside of the MS6..since he also own one too.....

ya, i believe the chinese guy is Sales Manager.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-26-2007, 09:34 AM

You never even asked me...

Wild Weasel
06-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Probably didn't call my broker either. Pfft! :chuckle

yellowmp5
06-26-2007, 12:13 PM
You never even asked me...

My apology,

i bought my car b4 readin' your post in RFD and TM3...
and i thought MoT was still Avante back in Nov.... my ex-P5 was purchased
in avante back in 2002....and when i went back to price a MS6..
it was very very discouraging....so never thought of re-visiting
Avante @ elgin mills nor the yonge/steels location. however,
after readin' more post from RFD and TM3...i went to visit joe in MoT
and bought a few parts/accessories from MoT and find the services
very friendly...

keep up the good work!

Unoriginalusername
06-26-2007, 09:21 PM

x2 it is allan (GM). I checked Guelph, KW, Oakville, Erin Mills, Mississuaga mazda and none of those dealerships where anywhere near the price i got for my ms3 so i didn't bother calling more either (also before i knew of these forums).

Great buying from another genuine car guy

zoomzoom33
08-04-2007, 10:09 AM

My MS3 was bought at scarboro mazda too, I was the first person to buy it from them. At the time true red was the only color available, this was waaay back in sept. 06 and picked up on oct. 15 06. Very happy with the way my wife and I were treated. Louie is the sales manager and Alan is the GM. I also got a awesome deal on my mazdaspeed CAI and springs, although I'm having issues with the springs.( clunking sound from front springs ) I'm sure they will figure it out. I would recommend them to anyone who's looking at buying a mazda.