PDA

View Full Version : Ok financing price for 07 M3 GS /w sport package?

SilentJay
04-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Hey guys, i'm glad I found this board. I was doing some reading/researching on the net in regards to the car, and stumbled onto the forum. I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place right now - the alternator just died on my already dying 99 cavalier, and I was looking to upgrade. Money, because I just got out of school and am still paying back OSAP, is tighter than usual.

Anyhoo, this is the quote I got from Mississauga Mazda - I didn't like the salesperson too much, he seemed very pushy and rushed for time. I don't even have the total price (I was in a bit of a rush to get out of there), but have the financing specifics:

2007 M3, 5-spd with sunroof (sport package?), a/c, power package
- 2.9% financing for 72 months (concern 1, a tad too long a period?)
- They wanted $5000 downpayment (concern 2, huge down?)
and $305 monthly
+$500 grad rebate, possibly +$500 for the cavalier

I also read about TheBiz and Co., and I guess I wanted to get an opinion from you guys as well as those highly regarded dealership gentlemen. I don't mind making the trek down to MoT, but would like a feeler on the situation. I'm sorry if this post is a bit too cluttered and poorly thought out, but I'm trying to type as I change and get ready for work :loco

Thanks guys!

Jeff-TheBiz
04-17-2007, 10:06 AM
2007 M3, 5-spd with sunroof (sport package?), a/c, power package
- 2.9% financing for 72 months (concern 1, a tad too long a period?)
- They wanted $5000 downpayment (concern 2, huge down?)
and $305 monthly
+$500 grad rebate, possibly +$500 for the cavalier

At MSRP this quote works out to $299 a month! So their first quote is over list?

Is there anything that you added to the quote? Accessories or Extended Warranty? It doesn't look right.

majic
04-17-2007, 10:12 AM
do you know Silent Bob? :)

and wow.. as if it's not enough for them to charge you MSRP!!! shop around!!

Garu
04-17-2007, 10:16 AM
You should give Jeff a call.

As for financing for 72 months, it is long period however keep in mind that it is open loan, you can pay it off anytime when you can.

Jeff-TheBiz
04-17-2007, 10:16 AM
do you know Silent Bob? :)

http://i10.glitter-graphics.org/pub/6/6520t3sor4cgvu.gif

SilentJay
04-17-2007, 05:50 PM
At MSRP this quote works out to $299 a month! So their first quote is over list? Is there anything that you added to the quote? Accessories or Extended Warranty? It doesn't look right.

I'm sorry I couldn't have been more descriptive - Like I said, I tried my best to get out of there as quickly as possible. That said, I didn't add any accessories or warranties at all. It was just a 5-spd GS with a "sport package". In reality, all I wanted was 5-spd, air conditioning, sunroof, and power windows/locks. Hmm... Maybe this guy wasn't telling me the whole story.

SilentJay
04-17-2007, 05:52 PM
do you know Silent Bob? :) and wow.. as if it's not enough for them to charge you MSRP!!! shop around!!

:chuckle SilentJay was a name given to me since the days of being a teenager working at Future Shop, guess its kinda stuck. I've been trying to shop around, but its not easy - I work 11AM to 7PM weekdays, and dealerships are only open on Saturday. I wasn't in THAT big a hurry to get a car, but with recent events with my current car... kinda put a rush on things.

SilentJay
04-17-2007, 05:58 PM
You should give Jeff a call. As for financing for 72 months, it is long period however keep in mind that it is open loan, you can pay it off anytime when you can.

I was really thinking about coming downtown on Saturday to speak with Jeff, but wanted to see if he or anyone else could sort of work on at least some rough numbers. Open loan is a relief, but is there a penalty for paying it off early, or is there a certain %age restriction of how much I can pay off per year? Really and truly, I'd like to put down as small a downpayment as possible while maintaining a comfortable monthly payment.

Thanks!

Jeff-TheBiz
04-17-2007, 06:02 PM
I was really thinking about coming downtown on Saturday to speak with Jeff, but wanted to see if he or anyone else could sort of work on at least some rough numbers. Open loan is a relief, but is there a penalty for paying it off early, or is there a certain %age restriction of how much I can pay off per year? Really and truly, I'd like to put down as small a downpayment as possible while maintaining a comfortable monthly payment.

Thanks!

Saturdays are pretty much a write off for me, very busy.. as anyone that has come by to visit will confirm.

If you wanna come by after work I am here until 9pm 3 days a week (mon,tues,wed)

Or we get things rolling over the phone.. which ever is easier.

SilentJay
04-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Saturdays are pretty much a write off for me, very busy.. as anyone that has come by to visit will confirm. If you wanna come by after work I am here until 9pm 3 days a week (mon,tues,wed) Or we get things rolling over the phone.. which ever is easier.

I understand about Saturday, its a zoo in any dealership these days. I'll try to see if I can come by after work on one of those days if possible. Do you think we could maybe discuss a bit via PM? Don't worry, we don't have to go into exact or binding numbers, I really just wanted to get a better financial picture - Man, i'd hate to be known as the guy who wasted your time :chuckle

Sean80
04-18-2007, 12:12 PM
First of all don't buy a car from a salesperson you don't like. I had a salesman at a GM dealership trying to pressure me into leasing when I wanted to purchase/finance.....I got up, took my deposit back, walked out of his office, and drove down the street to the Mazda dealer lol.

If I were you, I'd deal through TheBiz. I wish I had of found this site before I bought my car because I woulda made the trip from Peterborough to buy it.

Prima_Deals
04-22-2007, 11:39 PM
First of all don't buy a car from a salesperson you don't like. I had a salesman at a GM dealership trying to pressure me into leasing when I wanted to purchase/finance.....I got up, took my deposit back, walked out of his office, and drove down the street to the Mazda dealer lol.

If I were you, I'd deal through TheBiz. I wish I had of found this site before I bought my car because I woulda made the trip from Peterborough to buy it.

It's unfortunate but some sales reps make an easy sale for another because they don't listen to what the customer wants.

Dennis

SilentJay
04-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Rats. I wish I could pull the trigger on what was offered to me by Jeff, but i'm being hit by more financial responsibilities due to new conditions at home that makes a purchase of that size more difficult :( Oh well, another positive feedback for Jeff though, pretty straight-forward guy.

Jeff-TheBiz
04-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Rats. I wish I could pull the trigger on what was offered to me by Jeff, but i'm being hit by more financial responsibilities due to new conditions at home that makes a purchase of that size more difficult :( Oh well, another positive feedback for Jeff though, pretty straight-forward guy.

No worries my friend, I am ready when you are ready..

It was a pleasure to meet you.