PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Heated Seats

garboui
04-18-2007, 11:25 AM
After being in many cars with heated seats in the cooler months i have somewhat regretted not having heated seats in my mazda as heated seats tend to make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside before the car gets warm.

Within the first few hits from a google search i found these. The kit that i am interested in is the 4 pad kit for 2 seats. This company has nice switches too; two of them would prolly look at home between the abs light and the cigg lighter.

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/seatheatac.html

Does anyone have any experience whth such a product? if so what brand was it and did it work as well as advertized? i find it hard to beleive that someone would be able to screw up making a heated pad but theres all tupes of shoddy products everywhere. The price in there particular ones seems fair too, and i bet i can find cheaper if i look around.

Wild Weasel
04-18-2007, 11:27 AM
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=7324&highlight=Heated+seats

garboui
04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
sorry, forgot about that whole search thing

but still has anyone had experience with these kits?

Wild Weasel
04-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Did you read the thread I linked to?

garboui
04-18-2007, 11:51 AM
yes i read the whole thing, none of the posts adress the brand that i linked to in post #1. and in my original post i put out the question if anyone has had experience with that particular brand. not heatesseates.com kits or cobra heat kits.

Wild Weasel
04-18-2007, 12:08 PM
I'd be willing to bet that all the sub-$100 kits are made by the same people.

Looks like it's a bit of a crap shoot as to whether they work well or not. Definitely a good price though.

garboui
04-18-2007, 12:13 PM
well for the price thats what i was thinking but the 4 pad cf kit looks alot different in the pics from the others. oh whell depending on how much money is lft after tires and/or rims i may pick them up with hopes that they will work for more that a few weeks.

S.F.W.
04-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I tried ordering a kit from these people before. I would highly recommend staying away.
I ordered a kit, and received an order confirmation. About one week later, I wanted to check the status of my order, but you could not do so online.
I tried to find a phone number to call them, but they don't list one on their web site. I tried yellow pages and the phone number listed was no longer in service. They don't even have an email address, you have to use the "contact us" form.
I finally had to file a dispute with yahoo and my credit card company, and it took about a month to get the charges removed.
Stay far away from these guys.

garboui
04-18-2007, 01:54 PM
thanks for the heads up sfw. i think because of many of these possibly shady companies selling these kits are unreliable and shady i may end up going with a similar ebay kit as ill have much better buyer protection through ebay and paypal.