PDA

View Full Version : Windows down yet?

smokeeater
04-20-2007, 02:26 PM
I just got the tint job from FX on Monday and I also got the oil spray from Krown on Tuesday morning. The sticker FX put on my power windows says wait 3-5 days to use (today is the 4th), but the oil spray guy said a week I think. I did call Krown Lakeshore this morning and the guy there said I could hand wash the car and use proper soap, but not to go thru a car wash for 1-2 weeks after. Something about the type of soap they use and the brushes/pressure. So I did, but what do you think about me using the power windows? With the weather so nice it's killin' me!!

S.

bluntman
04-20-2007, 02:34 PM
That's why you do a tint job in the winter.

I take it you don't have a moonroof.

Sucker! :P

Seriously though, I would follow their directions. I would hate to be the one who has to go back to have the tint reapplied because I couldn't wait/follow instructions.

smokeeater
04-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Ha!

I do, but it's not quite doing it-ya know?

I guess if I have to wait I will, but what's the harm in regards to the oil? I'm within the 3-5 days on the tint, it's the oil one I'm a little more concerned about.

S.

MPS
04-20-2007, 02:42 PM
i say ur fine i was using my windows same day after my tint :)

Sean80
04-20-2007, 04:08 PM
You'll probably be fine if its the 4th day, but it's really only one more day you have to wait. And they did say 3-5, so as long as you are within what they told you, you'll be safe.

zedtech
04-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I got my car tinted Tues. aft, they said 3 days so I'm gonna give it a shot when I leave work. It's too damn nice out there not to have the windows down!

Sean80
04-20-2007, 04:28 PM
The windows set faster when its warmer out anyways, you guys will be good to go.

smokeeater
04-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Well I've had 'em up and down a few times-It's all good!

FX said to keep it in the sun as much a possible to help adhere it, and I did.

So bring on summer!!