PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash

queens49
04-22-2007, 08:23 PM
All I can say about this product is WOW. I washed my car yesterday, and the results from the wash are amazing. I use Zaino to wax my car, and I must say the Ice Car Wash alone is better than after waxing with Zaino. Waxing the car with Zaino made it really shine, and looked really good. But this Ice car wash has given the paint a deep wet looking gloss look to it, that stands out. As well, I didn't even towel dry the car, and it didn't leave any water marks. Worked as advertised on the container. If you are out of car wash, go pick up this Ice car wash, really good stuff.

-RJ3-
04-22-2007, 10:06 PM
thats very true... I noticed my car looks darker too... it changes the appearance of the car after you use ICE.. Me like

chinsterr
04-23-2007, 12:55 AM
My buddy picked me up a jug of this stuff from costco , they are onsale there this week.

Cant wait to try it out . Also got the Turtle ICE Liquid Clay Bar ... need to get rid of some of those oxidation spots.

3GFX
04-23-2007, 01:14 PM
...Turtle ICE Liquid Clay Bar...

I had it in my hand at Canadian Tire but didn't buy it. I think I'll try it this weekend. Its like $20 which isn't bad compared to some clay bars.

chinsterr
04-23-2007, 01:21 PM
I had it in my hand at Canadian Tire but didn't buy it. I think I'll try it this weekend. Its like $20 which isn't bad compared to some clay bars.

It comes with a spongy applicator :) hah

Triplebogey
04-24-2007, 12:15 PM
All I can say about this product is WOW. I washed my car yesterday, and the results from the wash are amazing. I use Zaino to wax my car, and I must say the Ice Car Wash alone is better than after waxing with Zaino. Waxing the car with Zaino made it really shine, and looked really good. But this Ice car wash has given the paint a deep wet looking gloss look to it, that stands out. As well, I didn't even towel dry the car, and it didn't leave any water marks. Worked as advertised on the container. If you are out of car wash, go pick up this Ice car wash, really good stuff.

Does anyone know if it is still necessary to apply a wax after using the Turtle Wax ICE liquid polish? The bottle states that the liquid polish protects but I'm not sure if a wax is required after this application.

cheers!

3GFX
04-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Technically its supposed to act like a clay bar, so you should still wax afterwards.

Triplebogey
04-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Technically its supposed to act like a clay bar, so you should still wax afterwards.

I have the TW ICE liquid clay and the TW ICE polish (2 separate applications)
The polish does bring out the shine but not sure if I'll need to wax afterwards?
There is no TW ICE wax per se. I know....sounds stupid:loco

If you check the product line for TW ICE you have the ICE wash, then the ICE liquid clay bar, followed by the ICE polish and then the ICE spray detailer. No wax??

Any thoughts?

queens49
04-25-2007, 10:38 PM
The packaging on the Liquid Clay says it actually strips off existing wax, so I would think that you would only want use this product occasionally, and stick with the regular Car Wash product. As for the Ice Liquid Polish, the Turtle Wax website says it's a wipe on wax. The Ice Paste Polish seems to do the same thing, but the description says it's a synthetic product and might last longer. So to answer your question, the Liquid polish looks like it's all you need.

MAZDA Kitten
04-25-2007, 10:47 PM
I did both last weekend
Liquid claybar followed by ICE polish

Liquid claybar I am pretty impressed with
The applicator was pretty dirty after I was done using it (and i washed the car thoroughly prior)
You do one section at a time... rub back and forth like any other claybar (and i heard the shhhhshhhshhhh.. same like a normal claybar) anyways; then you rinse with cold water

I really liked it
I've always been a fan of the polish and the spray on detailer
It makes the black mica pop and the sparkle in the paint is amaaaaazing
The polish sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy to use and has a baby oil feel to it so you can imagine how easy it is to apply

But the liquid claybar took some elbow grease