PDA

View Full Version : Spark plug non/anti-fouler where can I get them?

chu
04-24-2007, 02:18 AM
Anyone know where can I get them from? Thanks please let me know.

Skarbro
04-24-2007, 05:32 AM
Huh? There is such a product? Why would something like this exist? Carbon deposits are signs of a bigger issue - especially running rich. Unless I'm missing something here.

Flagrum_3
04-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Never heard of such a thing!!, do you mean fuel cleaner?...Use a good clean gas like Shell and a fuel system cleaner additive every 10k kms that should do the trick.
If your having an issue a simple way to tell how your engine is running; check the condition of your exhaust outlet, it should be clean with a slightly gray discolouring, if its dark black you might be running rich.

_3

MajesticBlueNTO
04-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Huh? There is such a product? Why would something like this exist? Carbon deposits are signs of a bigger issue - especially running rich. Unless I'm missing something here.

you can use it to create an oxygen sensor anti-fouler (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=114931)

garboui
04-24-2007, 11:12 AM
does the m3 throw a cel when running a testpipe or a catback system?

also does the 2nd O2 sensor control the air fuel mixture at all, or is it just there to monitor that the cats are working properly?

Flagrum_3
04-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Well I was way off base on this one 8-p ...but I don't recall anyone complaining about CELs from their exhaust system changes on this board,...has anyone had any problems?

_3

MajesticBlueNTO
04-24-2007, 06:42 PM
does the m3 throw a cel when running a testpipe or a catback system?

also does the 2nd O2 sensor control the air fuel mixture at all, or is it just there to monitor that the cats are working properly?

in the non-cali spec cars (not sure what years differentiate cali spec and non-cali spec as the 04 manual shows 2 different exhaust systems for the different specs) there are 2 o2 sensors, both in the exhaust manifold/header ...one before and one after the catalytic.

the 2nd cat doesn't have an o2 after so there's no worries on running a testpipe or a catback system, from a CEL perspective.

change the exhaust manifold for a header and this is where you have to think about either relocating the o2 to after the 2nd cat, or using those anti-foulers (if you don't want to cut the o2 wires to extend them and have a bung welded after the 2nd cat).

the 2nd o2 sensor does factor into the a/f mixture when in closed loop mode.

in cali spec cars, there is another o2 after the 2nd cat.

chu is probably getting a header (or has one) and is looking for anti-foulers. there's no need for them on a stock exhaust manifold.