PDA

View Full Version : Where is the fuse for the audio system located?

EvilEric
04-27-2007, 10:15 AM
I've noticed that when i start the car, the audio system turns off as though it was not getting enough power and then it starts up again.

Where is the fuse located for the stock HU? Is there an individual one on inside each piece of hardware or one that's attached to the power line comming into feed the HU?

I've got my monitor tied into the line for the radio and even when it's off, the power led indicator flickers when I start the car. That's real bad.

Skarbro
04-27-2007, 10:35 AM
It's normal for the audio system to turn off momentarily when the car ignition is turned to start the car. It's normal for any car really.

EvilEric
04-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Turn off yes, because everything is needed to turn over the engine. However the the flicker that I get on my monitor's power indicator tells me that there's a surge or something that's also happening afterwards.

EvilEric
04-27-2007, 11:02 AM
The abrupt DC system voltage drop that accompanies engine starting can cause microprocessor-driven communication and navigation electronics to “dump” programmed memory.

That's what i found online so far. So i'm thinking either i connect directly to the car battery or i put in a little switch to prevent this from happening.

TheProfessor
04-27-2007, 12:05 PM
I would think you'd be best off re-wiring the monitor to avoid any problems.