PDA

View Full Version : Swirls and Scratches... Help!

astatik
05-03-2007, 01:35 AM
got scratches and swirls on my car that are pretty bad, was wondering if anyone knows of any good detailing places within the GTA perferably the Markham or Scarborough area i can bring my car to get those scratches and swirls out!

Kevin@nextmod
05-03-2007, 10:02 AM
should've asked me first aaron. Give me a few days and i'll get the buffer and we'll start the work

cyberscorpi0
05-03-2007, 10:19 AM
should've asked me first aaron. Give me a few days and i'll get the buffer and we'll start the work

How much do you charge :chuckle

Kevin@nextmod
05-03-2007, 10:53 AM
haha...aarons a good friend of mine so i do'nt charge him anything. :)

bubba1983
05-04-2007, 12:10 AM
jus sexual favours...right?

Kevin@nextmod
05-04-2007, 01:35 AM
^^ haha....bastard......nooooo :)

bubba1983
05-04-2007, 01:37 AM
gotcha!!!

Xenon
05-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Before going to a shop, I highly recommend trying to buff them out yourself first with either Meguires ScratchX or NuFinish's Scratch Doctor.

Depending on the depth of the scratches, that may be sufficient enough. If they are really deep you may be looking at professional work as an option.

On a somewhat related note, a few ways to prevent swirl marks are:
- Avoid "soft cloth" automated car washes, instead stick to touchless washes or even better, hand wash if possible
- When handwashing, make sure your sponge is clean all the time. Try not to drop it on the floor. Also keep an eye on your towels that you use and make sure they are clean too.
- Wax often or 3 step if you have time. Wax helps masks swirls and minor scratches. There are waxes out there that are specifically formulated to fill swirls such as Eagle One's Nanowax.
- Don't use a Duster or a dry towel to wipe off dust or dirt off of your car. You will just drag the dirt across the paint.

Skarbro
05-04-2007, 05:33 AM
- Wax often or 3 step if you have time. Wax helps masks swirls and minor scratches. Th

This is one of the reasons why I use Zaino. I've only used it twice on my wife's car and her car has no swirl marks at all. And we've had the car for 2 years now. It's parked outside and she drives it every day. My car is swirl-free as well.

b
05-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Skarbro. Where do you buy your Zaino. I'd like to try some.

zedtech
05-04-2007, 04:57 PM
I used to wax my GP w/ Zaino, love the stuff. Can't wait to Zaino my 3 this weekend. You can find it at The Barber's Chair. The ones I know of are Square One, Vaughan Mills and Erin Mills Town Centre.

b
05-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I used to wax my GP w/ Zaino, love the stuff. Can't wait to Zaino my 3 this weekend. You can find it at The Barber's Chair. The ones I know of are Square One, Vaughan Mills and Erin Mills Town Centre.

Perfect thanks. I'll go pick some up this weekend. Is it a car care place or is it a salon? lol jk.

zedtech
05-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Haha everyone says that :P One of my buddies used to be a Zaino distributor. He told me that the founder of The Barber's Chair owns/owned a Vette and he liked Zaino so much that he decided to become a retailer/distributor himself lol. Hence why you'll find it at a salon lol.