PDA

View Full Version : Cup Holder

sauga_kid
05-17-2007, 11:36 AM
So my car is sitting at the dealership getting my 96k service and I asked them to take a look at the cup holder because it seems to be loose, I figure they'll just pop a few screws in if some are missing (I didn't bother checking) and call it a day. I get a call and they tell me it's $30 to fix it?
What? $30 for a few screws :loco Must be some special screws for $30. Flippy or anyone, can you chime in on this one...is this right?

EvilEric
05-17-2007, 11:45 AM
What do you mean by loose? They may be wanting to have you buy a new one. You can actually take out the whole cup holder unit and look at it. There are some DIY stuff that have that as part of the step.

- Open the arm-rest compartment
- Pull up the handbreak
- in the arm-rest box cavity there's a plastic lip which connects to the cup holder, if you pull on that gently the whole unit will come out. It's held together by clips

If you want to put it back in just position it and push it back into place until you hear the clicks and it's flush.

What it could be is the center piece thing that divides the driver and passenger side may not be aligned properly and that may be why it's wobbly.

Come out to a meet, there are a billion guys who know how to take out that thing.

sauga_kid
05-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks EE, however I don't think that's what it is. I've pulled the whole thing out before, it's the actual cup holders. It's connected to the bracket and kind of hangs underneath. I'm thinking a few of the screws, for some reason or another, have come off and so when I put my mug in, it kind of droops down a bit because it's not secured properly. Make any sense?

Jeff-TheBiz
05-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks EE, however I don't think that's what it is. I've pulled the whole thing out before, it's the actual cup holders. It's connected to the bracket and kind of hangs underneath. I'm thinking a few of the screws, for some reason or another, have come off and so when I put my mug in, it kind of droops down a bit because it's not secured properly. Make any sense?

Show Joe when you come in... or me if I am there.

:ttiwwp

sauga_kid
05-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Sorry guys, no pics, the car is at the dealership right now. Hey Jeff, if you're there they should be working on it, it's the indigo blue one.

S.F.W.
05-17-2007, 12:26 PM
he's not there. Thursdays are his day off.

EvilEric
05-17-2007, 01:02 PM
yeah I understand what you mean now. I thought thing was one solid piece? i'll have to check when i get back to my car.

sauga_kid
05-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I thought he wouldn't be in, anyways, thanks for the help anyways guys, I'll try to figure something out. Probably just run to Home Depot when I get the car back and try to match the screw, it'll most likely be cheaper than $30.