PDA

View Full Version : mazda loaner cars?

ovillems3
05-22-2007, 04:53 PM
if you have read my other threads you know i have a problem starting in the morning, anyways i brought my car in to get it looked at and they said they dont give out loaner cars? just curious if all mazdas are the same.
i just bought this car and shouldnt have to fork out any money!
oh ya they already gave me 2 loaner cars and now they cant? wtf

Broli
05-22-2007, 05:03 PM
i have had loaner cars on two seperate occaisions both times from ontario mazda

i think most dealers have loaners

push for it!

if you go with the rental, u dont get it for 5 days or smtg!

Virgy
05-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Avante had to keep my car once over night and i got a no charge loaner. Like Broli said push for it you would be surprised how far you get

ovillems3
05-22-2007, 05:12 PM
ya i talked to the service manager and his boss and they dont do any loaner cars, "they said" mercedez dosent even give out loaners lmao
i said ya but there nice cars and mazdas are cheap, so i can see mabye why mecedez doesnt but mazda....come on

im thinking of phoning mazda canada? im feed up with ORANGEVILLE mazda.
i dont even want my car anymore just my money back!

S.F.W.
05-22-2007, 05:15 PM
I think it depends how long you have to leave the car for. If it's more than a day, they should give you a loaner.

Virgy
05-22-2007, 05:18 PM
I am pretty sure mecedes does, i know BMW (they give you a 3 series) does and VW as well. Usally the dealer ship should be tied to a rental place. for example avante has a Hertz right next door.

ovillems3
05-22-2007, 05:23 PM
they do have a rental place, the manger said it was going to be $30 to rent
a car for a day.... i wasent happy about it but he said if i need it for longer they will pay? so i accepted and went to get my rental and they said $35
i said forget i shouldnt be paying anything and left

ovillems3
05-22-2007, 05:31 PM
edit: if i needed it for longer they will pay for the extra days
i have no patience and have had to many problems ORANGEVILLE mazda
if you live around there do not go there there service sucks, and there techs
are idiots, they just know how to push buttons, they dont know how to troubleshoot

JonsMazda
05-22-2007, 05:45 PM
file a compliant to mazda canada corp.

Jeff-TheBiz
05-22-2007, 06:33 PM
If you have M.A.P. Warranty, and it is a warranty claim, then Mazda pays for your rental.

If not, the rental is paid for by you or the dealership... and if the dealership is paying for it, really the fact is you are probably paying for it..

My previous employer ;) used to have a fleet of loaner 626s, (yuck) but when the insurance company changed the rules about 2 yrs ago, (ridiculous rates for fleet loaners) changes were made industry wide.

ovillems3
05-22-2007, 06:35 PM
well im going to have to, also need to get another dealer.
just to give you an idea about ORANGEVILLE mazda, they thought that the problem im having might be because of a bad gas pump, so they replaced it
or them not sure if it was both pumps? but i got my car back after they changed the pump(s) and i drove it to work, before i drove home i decide to look under my car and my gas tank was hanging like 1 inch, mabye 2 from the ground!!:flaming:flaming
i think that should say everything about my dealer ( never go to ORANGEVILLE
MAZDA) :flaming PISSED:flaming

b
05-22-2007, 08:53 PM
I have had a loaner car from Erin Mills Mazda maybe 4 or 5 times now. Every time it was an auto silver 3 sport demo. Some times I would have it for 1 day anywhere up to a week. Depending on what type of work my car was in for at the time. I think the longest I had a loaner for was 7 days.

mf5781
05-22-2007, 10:53 PM
I am pretty sure mecedes does, i know BMW (they give you a 3 series) does and VW as well. Usally the dealer ship should be tied to a rental place. for example avante has a Hertz right next door.

Mecedes does not provide a loaner. When my wife's car went for service, I asked for a loaner and was told that it's not included under the warranty nor extended warranty. I checked both and confirmed it's the case and had nothing to say. So it's up to the dealer to provide it or not. For Scarbo Subaru, they provide a loaner even for same day 2-year/4-year services because they charge over $400-600, i.e. you actually pay for it.

ovillems3
05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
I think it depends how long you have to leave the car for. If it's more than a day, they should give you a loaner

s.f.w. i called mazda of brampton and they said the same thing
but once they know its a warrenty issue they pay for the rental.
so you have to pay for 1 day? i guess?
kinda sucks, because my problem dosent happen all the time, it probally
wont happen for them and ill have to go back a couple times or wait intill it gets cold and it happens all the time!

i would feel better if it was happening to more people but its not. lol

Virgy
05-23-2007, 05:12 PM
well im going to have to, also need to get another dealer.
just to give you an idea about ORANGEVILLE mazda, they thought that the problem im having might be because of a bad gas pump, so they replaced it
or them not sure if it was both pumps? but i got my car back after they changed the pump(s) and i drove it to work, before i drove home i decide to look under my car and my gas tank was hanging like 1 inch, mabye 2 from the ground!!:flaming:flaming
i think that should say everything about my dealer ( never go to ORANGEVILLE
MAZDA) :flaming PISSED:flaming

Wow I heard about that. One of my buddies just started to work there they day that happened. I couldn’t believe it!! Sry to hear that man.

ovillems3
05-23-2007, 06:06 PM
shitty.....sorry for your buddy lol orangeville mazda has always had a bad rep. way before i bought my car there.
i guess they will know that i hate all of their guts!

they cant even do an oil change:loco, first time i got my oil changed there i didnt check the level intill about 3500k after the change and it was below the min. line, i thought mabye i was burning a lot of oil and filled it up and it was ok intill the second oil change, after the second oil change i didnt think to check it intill 2-3 days after the oil change and it was below the min.!!
so i filled it up, and 2 weeks later it is still full?

sorry had to vent that! lol

Virgy
05-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey man no worries...like i said he just started there...

SP33D 3
05-24-2007, 10:04 AM
ya i talked to the service manager and his boss and they dont do any loaner cars, "they said" mercedez dosent even give out loaners lmao
i said ya but there nice cars and mazdas are cheap, so i can see mabye why mecedez doesnt but mazda....come on

im thinking of phoning mazda canada? im feed up with ORANGEVILLE mazda.
i dont even want my car anymore just my money back!

mercedes DOES give out loaners... they give a stock(no options) demo c-class or b-class depending on the dealership and what they have, and they sometimes give you the loaner when you bring your car in for service for the day... could be different at certain dealerships depending how busy they are... can't give a loaner to every customer

Wild Weasel
05-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Pfft. GM provides free rentals if they need to keep the car more than a day under the factory warranty.

Of course, they're in the process of driving themselves into bankruptsy so I hardly think they should be used as the example... :chuckle

Jeff-TheBiz
05-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I think the concern with giving out a demo vehicle is this..

Most dealerships have a set of plated demos, not dealer plates, but normal plates, these cars are covered under the dealerships insurance policy regardless of who drives them (btw the collision deductible is around $3000.)

The cars that have a dealer plate only have insurance for non-employees during regular business hours. so after 9:00pm on a thursday, a customer test driving a vehicle or taking one home as a loaner, is accepting responsibility under their own insurance policy.

jdigu57
05-24-2007, 08:04 PM
If you have M.A.P. Warranty, and it is a warranty claim, then Mazda pays for your rental.

If not, the rental is paid for by you or the dealership... and if the dealership is paying for it, really the fact is you are probably paying for it..

My previous employer ;) used to have a fleet of loaner 626s, (yuck) but when the insurance company changed the rules about 2 yrs ago, (ridiculous rates for fleet loaners) changes were made industry wide.

i dun think so .. last time when i came into mot for warranty repair and the service guy said it wld take an entire day and when i asked for a loaner he my car has to be in service for atlest 48 hrs .... and i have the extended warranty .... mot service department is ________ ...

Jeff-TheBiz
05-25-2007, 09:34 AM
and the service guy said it wld take an entire day and when i asked for a loaner he my car has to be in service for atlest 48 hrs

Gotta check but it is only if the car has to stay overnight and cannot be driven because of the warrantied part..

Has nothing to do with where you go..

Mazda Added Protection Warranty Q&A - 1-800-263-4680

ovillems3
05-25-2007, 04:59 PM
also i found out from brampton that you need to have the extended warrenty,
or your on your own! i didnt know this when i bought my car!

Jeff-TheBiz
05-26-2007, 11:18 AM
also i found out from brampton that you need to have the extended warrenty,
or your on your own! i didnt know this when i bought my car!

They should have told you.

No worries, just buy the extended warranty, but do it before you need it.. if you pruchase the warranty, your rental priviledge doesn't kick in for 30 days

ovillems3
05-26-2007, 12:58 PM
ouch!........with my luck, ill get the extended warrenty and my problem with the start issue will be fixed by then and i wont have anymore problems. lol

mf5781
05-26-2007, 08:33 PM
ouch!........with my luck, ill get the extended warrenty and my problem with the start issue will be fixed by then and i wont have anymore problems. lol

Yes, I don't think you should buy an extended warranty because of car rental. Especially, if your car has more problems within the warranty period, you should get rid of it before the warranty expires rather than keeping it for 3 more years.

littledane
05-30-2007, 02:05 AM
I can confirm that the Toronto Group Mercedes dealers do give loaners at no charge for work under factory or star warranty.

You only need to schedule in advance with your service advisor, and let them know you require a loaner.

Most loaners are either B or C Class, although sometimes they do have ML Class.

rcd001
06-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Mazda of Toronto won't give them out.I have seen customers ague with them and they said we will help with rental. Poor girl had her visa maxed out so she could not rent a car either.

Their shuttle bus is crap, They only drive within 2 blocks of the dealership.

I need to find a new place to get my car serviced. Where a simple oil change does not become a 3 - 4 hour event (with an appointment!!!!).

Very disapointed with the service. I head that Avente is the best. Customer should not have to push for service, it should be offered.

Dealers, I know you read this forum, take note!

S.F.W.
06-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I've had really good service from the MOT shuttle. They have dropped me off and picked me up from my office at Yonge and York Mills. I just tell the service advisor where I need to go, and he instructs the shuttle driver.

rcd001
06-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Extended warranty is a pure scam. They find so many loopholes, just like dealer installed rush proofing

Jeff-TheBiz
06-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Extended warranty is a pure scam.

It is all piece of mind.. When Future shop offers an Extended warranty at 20% of the selling price of the cover item for one year of cover, no one says boo. But to get one year of Comprehensive Coverage from Mazda it cost $455 (about 2%) everyone has an opinion.

Quick thought... Are Toyota built better than Mazdas? IMO I would probably have to say yes merely based on history.. but if that is the case why is a 1 yr extra warranty over DOUBLE the price?

They find so many loopholes, just like dealer installed rush proofing

So rust protection elsewhere has no loop holes.. I see.

Back on topic..

Could anyone that has ever recieved a loaner/rental for an oil change please post where you service.

Wild Weasel
06-04-2007, 10:16 AM
It is all piece of mind.. When Future shop offers an Extended warranty at 20% of the selling price of the cover item for one year of cover, no one says boo.

Dude! Yes they do. Hell, even Consumer Reports did a study and determined conclusively that those warranties are a scam. :chuckle

I can't recall what they said about car warranties though.

S.F.W.
06-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Dude! Yes they do. Hell, even Consumer Reports did a study and determined conclusively that those warranties are a scam. :chuckle

Having previously worked at Futureshop(many years ago), I can say most products are not worth buying an extended warranty on. However, some products(notebooks, video cameras, projection TV's, non HP printers) are worth buying an extended warranty. But I guess that's another discussion..

rcd001
06-04-2007, 10:23 AM
I used to sell cars. Extended warranty is nothing but pure profits for a dealship. Mazda and most Japanese make great cars and you will not need this warranty.

Rust protection is the same thing. They charge a large cost but you have to go back to the same dealership for re-application and service. What if you don't like your dealership, moved, went to a another dealership for lower cost.

What if your like me. I bought my car through a broker so they treat me as a second class Mazda driver because they never got my commision and I got the car for $800 above dealer cost (had to wait 2 months though :( for delivery)

Jeff-TheBiz
06-04-2007, 10:23 AM

I guess I gotta join a Future Shop forum?

BTW, Short story.

About a 2 years ago I purchased a Sony 32" TV, Tube kind that weighs about 300lbs. anyhow, the TV was $599 and the extra 1 yr warranty cost me ~$120. Well around the 18 month mark, the screen started to twitch and FS's tech they sent to the house said it was unfixable. So long story short I got a $599 credit towards my new TV because I bought the Warranty.. They even came to the house to remove my old TV.
Huge thanks goes out to Chuckie for helping me with the purchase. Had I believed 'Consumer Reports' on it being a scam, I would have been screwed.

again.. to each his own.

rcd001
06-04-2007, 10:25 AM
With rust protection, if you have an eye sore surface rust they won't fix until it forms a hole (read the fine print). What the hell is that. So having spent over a grand I now have to have a car with bubbles and look bad.

They find all kid of excuses. I love Japanese cars, but their service departments are known to be the worst in the industry.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-04-2007, 10:26 AM
What if your like me. I bought my car through a broker so they treat me as a second class Mazda driver because they never got my commision and I got the car for $800 above dealer cost (had to wait 2 months though :( for delivery)

$800, you paid too much, sorry.

As for a second class driver, it shouldn't matter where/how you buy, you are still a consumer.

With rust protection, if you have an eye sore surface rust they won't fix until it forms a hole (read the fine print). What the hell is that. So having spent over a grand I now have to have a car with bubbles and look bad.

I stand corrected, you really paid too much..

Back on topic...

Anyone get a rental??

Wild Weasel
06-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Seriously. I bought through a broker and was treated quite well.

WLS ZMZM
06-05-2007, 11:31 AM
I think it all really depends on the dealer.... bare in mind they don't have to shuttle you around or give you a rental its done as a courtesy!! As for the GM Rentals... they do offer you a car right away. Had to take in my old chevy Venture van for service a few years ago cuz it was leaking anti-freeze i got a rental.. but i had two options one of those little metro's or a monster pickup... hmm wonder what I chose lmao. What a mistake gas was a nightmare. As for mazda loaners. I have been to Avante once for service, when I bought my car and went to pick it up, there was a mistake made in the parts department and they had the wrong tires on the car, so i had to go back a few days later to get the right ones put back on, I wasn't in the dealership more then 5 minutes before both Adam and Ted, asked if I could wait around or if I needed a ride somewhere.... I was offered a loaner even though the car was going to only take about an hour or so to take care of. The offer was still there even though i didnt take it, all I was told was that if I needed a loaner to let them know as soon as I got to the dealership and it would be taken care of for me.

irietek
06-05-2007, 12:27 PM
I just called Avante to book a date for them to fix rust on my body covered under warranty.

They wont give me a rental for 10 dollars from hertz (it's going to cost me 40 a day), they wont shuttle me because I'm too far (work and home) and they won't give me a loner because they claim they do not give loners.

They told me it will take 2-3 days to repair.
what the heck do I do? is this kind of scam so I wont bring my car in for work which is covered under warranty so they wont have to do it?

Wild Weasel
06-05-2007, 12:35 PM
How would it only cost them $10?

rcd001
06-05-2007, 01:17 PM
I think I'm going to dump MOT and move on to Avante. Everyone seems to say they have the best service. Tired of all the tricks they play. I'm sure they read this forum and may need to learn a few things about building customer relationships.

sauga_kid
06-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I've been to MoT a couple of times for service and I must say that I haven't had the horrible experiences you claim to have had. Took it in for my 96k service and they shuttled me to and from work (7 & Leslie) and kept me updated on what was going on. I'm not sure what had happened when they told you that they only shuttle within a 2 block radius but I suggest that making claims like such should be backed with some substantial evidence, as testimonials thus far prove different. But back on topic...I've recieved a loaner once from Erin Mills Mazda. When my tranny went out they had to keep my car for a couple of weeks because some parts were on backorder. All their loaners were out so they said they couldn't do anything. I pushed a little and so they covered a rental (Nissan Sentra) for a day until a loaner came back in. For the remainder of the time, they set me up in a CX-7 :hawt(Sweet ride, but damn the premium gas killed me).

WLS ZMZM
06-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Who did you talk to at Avante?? I've read alot of negative feedback on both MoT and Avante... not really sure what the problem is... maybe you are coming across as being rude.... ??? just a possibility.... so far Jeff at MoT has been great and same with Adam, Emilio and Ted at Avante.... Like I said.. maybe it has to do with either who your talking to... or maybe just the way your talking.... :bang:bang

Wild Weasel
06-06-2007, 11:09 AM
I think one of the issues is that when someone doesn't quite get what they want, or just generally has a bad experience, we all hear about it, but for the other 99 out of 100 experiences, we just don't say anything.

All dealers will have their issues. If you can get a good working relationship with one, then that's going to be the best route to go no matter what dealer it is.

majic
06-06-2007, 11:29 AM
I think one of the issues is that when someone doesn't quite get what they want, or just generally has a bad experience, we all hear about it, but for the other 99 out of 100 experiences, we just don't say anything.

there definitely is a silent majority as i found out doing my LASIK research.. very few posted their POSITIVE/GOOD results but b/c it had to do with vision everyone bitched left right and center (mainly b/c they cheaped out on the procedure)..

Wild Weasel
06-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Maybe because they can no longer see the difference between left, right, or center. :chuckle

rcd001
06-06-2007, 12:40 PM
If I had a good experience I would post it to encourage other members to use that person. Never once have I felt that the dealership trully cares about my service. Telling me their shuttle bus can't drop me off at Don Mills and Eglinton or pick me up, but rather said I should take the TTC and they will get me from the station.

I spend thousands a year so I don't have to be anywhere near the TTC, yet alone be stuck in a packed bus with germs everywhere and people that refuse to were deoderant because of religous reasons.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Maybe because they can no longer see the difference between left, right, or center. :chuckle

Not to mention that their personal life is in jeopardy because they are now also seeing someone else on the side... :chuckle

Okay... that was bad..

sauga_kid
06-06-2007, 02:00 PM
*Crickets chirpping*

Wild Weasel
06-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Not to mention that their personal life is in jeopardy because they are now also seeing someone else on the side... :chuckle

Okay... that was bad..

Actually... that was downright hilarious. :chuckle

Gonna use that in the future...

irietek
06-09-2007, 07:52 AM
How would it only cost them $10?
Not sure, but every time I bring my car in for service or warranty work they give me a voucher for 10 dollar rental at hertz.

All dealers will have their issues. If you can get a good working relationship with one, then that's going to be the best route to go no matter what dealer it is.

HEHEHE, this is very true and I apologize for contributing to this problem. I was hoping someone would have had the same issue and could give me a pointer. I just never articulated it the best way possible.

asif9t9
06-09-2007, 05:38 PM
This thread is scary. One guy has rust problems...enough that the dealer is actually going to fix it. And another had tranny issues.

Fobio
08-20-2008, 08:12 PM
hey guys...sorry to bring back from the dead, but my 24K service is coming and I want to bring it to a good dealership even if it means going outside of GTA. Is there a "cool" dealership you guys would recommend that also provide a loaner car if I leave mine over night and p/u next day? I'm open to Burlington to Whitby and north to Newmarket.

5_Alive
08-21-2008, 05:03 AM
I've brought my car to Banks Mazda in Charing Cross near Chatham.. great people, great service.. hell, I got a loaner while I was having my rear-shock replaced.. a CX-9.. when my turbo was being replaced, I got a Mazda6 5-speed for the week.. and a Mazda6 wagon loaded when I needed the exhaust gasket replaced for a one-day turn around.. (they couldn't get it in the same-day)..

I've never had problems with them or even having to get a loaner, but they own all their cars and hand them out to customers who need them (I live 45 minutes from them, so they do whatever it takes to accommodate me so I will always return to them for service)..

To the ABOVE post.. save your money and do the 24k service yourself bro if you have the place to do it.. the whole issue of them "not warrantying" your calipers if THEY don't do the service is complete and utter bs..
otherwise to the rest of us changing our own oil, they wouldn't warranty our engine's if something happened, would they?

You don't get warranty; you buy it as you go along and get the service packages completed on your vehicle.. you pay, your warranty stays in-tact.. its a big-money grab..

zoomzoom30
09-07-2008, 09:24 PM
So when my car had to stay overnight for 2 days they should have paid for my rental car because the AC broke (under warranty)? Jeff, would MOT accept the oil change program even if it was at another dealership? I'm getting sick of mine...

Noisy Crow
09-07-2008, 10:51 PM
So when my car had to stay overnight for 2 days they should have paid for my rental car because the AC broke (under warranty)?

If you have MAP (extended warranty) providing courtesty car is covered for all warranty work. Otherwise, it is at the dealer's discretion.

S.F.W.
09-07-2008, 11:07 PM
So when my car had to stay overnight for 2 days they should have paid for my rental car because the AC broke (under warranty)? Jeff, would MOT accept the oil change program even if it was at another dealership? I'm getting sick of mine...
I've only ever heard of the oil change program being accepted at the dealership the car was purchased.

kevcol74
09-19-2008, 10:37 AM
If you have MAP (extended warranty) providing courtesty car is covered for all warranty work. Otherwise, it is at the dealer's discretion.

According to "Natalie", a CSR for MAP, they DO NOT cover car rentals for any warranty work... just got off the phone with her a few minutes ago. And the dealerships, its up to them. However, I can get my car towed to another dealership with the Mazda Roadside Assistance.... thats always nice!

S.F.W.
09-19-2008, 10:47 AM
According to "Natalie", a CSR for MAP, they DO NOT cover car rentals for any warranty work... just got off the phone with her a few minutes ago. And the dealerships, its up to them. However, I can get my car towed to another dealership with the Mazda Roadside Assistance.... thats always nice!

I have always been told(and taken advantage) that MAP covers a rental if your car can not be driven, and the repair will take more than 24 hours.

kevcol74
09-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Trust me, I wish it was covered since my car is at Mazda right now, and likely will be until monday... Sucks, but unfortunately thats what I was just informed when I called them.

kevcol74
09-19-2008, 02:06 PM
K, so now I have conflicting info... another dealer I called said that Mazda MAP WILL cover the rental if its a MAP warranty, up to 5 days....
Here's how they screw you though.. Its friday, and conveniently they can't look at it until monday, which means they can't confirm its a MAP warranty item until its looked at, which means no rental for me... what a crock of BS. How hard is it to go out, pop the hood and see that the tensioner pully is GONE!!! Belt too!! Mazda Service is staring to pi$$ me off! Making me glad I still have a Ford too! lol

Noisy Crow
09-19-2008, 03:09 PM

I have a 2008 bought this past February.

Section "C" of the MAP agreement covers "Substitute Transportation Allowance"

Paraphrasing:

(A) MCI will pay to $35 per day for a car rental for a max of 5 days when your car is at a Mazda dealer for warranty repairs. MCI will cover up to another 5 days if your car is stuck in the shop waiting on a part
(B) The allowance is only available if the warrany repair keeps your car from being usable for longer than 24 hours

Plus they have to agree up front, you have to provide receipts etc. etc.

Take YOUR copy of the agreement to the dealer and show it to them (but don't let them keep it! :) )

kevcol74
09-19-2008, 03:19 PM
If only I had the paperwork, bought mine used... :P

I already called and yelled at them, suddenly a couple hours later my car is done and ready to go! :D