PDA

View Full Version : loud bang

ovillems3
05-25-2007, 05:20 PM
i was taking off from the lights today and i put the foot down, my tires spun a little and mabye the road wasent smooth but.... BANG (it was loud and nasty). tranny mount? just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

its the second time it happened to me, the first was 1 month after i bought it.
after the first time i got my mounts checked, they said everthing was ok

MPS
05-25-2007, 06:01 PM
its called wheel hop

talk to CTA and get motor mount :)

MPS
05-25-2007, 06:01 PM
http://www.raktron.com/misc/mt.htm

ovillems3
05-25-2007, 06:27 PM
mabye but ive had wheel hop before and this was different, wheel hop is like a thud,thud,thud,thud,thud, this was like 1 bang on my drivers side engine compartment.... and i mean a loud bang......it was nasty!!!!

well you may be wright but damn...it scared the crap out of me, i was waiting for the engine to fall out. dude..... no joke it was LOUD

b
05-25-2007, 06:30 PM
mabye but ive had wheel hop before and this was different, wheel hop is like a thud,thud,thud,thud,thud, this was like 1 bang on my drivers side engine compartment.... and i mean a loud bang......it was nasty!!!!

well you may be wright but damn...it scared the crap out of me, i was waiting for the engine to fall out. dude..... no joke it was LOUD

I've had this a few times. They eventually replaced my engine. I know what you mean. The first few times I heard it (scared the crap out of me) I thought I blew something then and there. Every time I took it in they said everything was fine. When it would happen to me I would lose power for a few seconds then it would go fine again. I have no clue what causes it.

chinsterr
05-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I've had this a few times. They eventually replaced my engine. I know what you mean. The first few times I heard it (scared the crap out of me) I thought I blew something then and there. Every time I took it in they said everything was fine. When it would happen to me I would lose power for a few seconds then it would go fine again. I have no clue what causes it.

lol don't scare the dude ! It my just be a tire hop like what Vlad said ... or ...

b
05-25-2007, 08:34 PM
lol don't scare the dude ! It my just be a tire hop like what Vlad said ... or ...

You are right... I am sure it is nothing. None the less get it checked out and it helped me out when I had them record on my invoices that I was complaining of loud bangs all along the way. When I went in for the biggie... they said yes you have a history of loud bang complaints.

MPS
05-25-2007, 11:37 PM
you may want to read this also

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=68975.0

b
05-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Funny. Mine hasn't made a loud bang in months. You post this. It happened to me again tonight too. Leaving milestones. People out front looked at me funny as I was driving away.

MPS
05-25-2007, 11:42 PM
did u step on it ?

b
05-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Just as I would normally to put it into first gear and drive slow in a parking lot. Happened just after the clutch was let out all the way. Maybe 3 seconds after.

MPS
05-25-2007, 11:47 PM
have ur motor mounts cheked ASAP

ovillems3
05-26-2007, 08:05 AM
when it happened to me i was giving it a little gas.
i sometimes get a click when going in to gears but figure this is normal because its been there all time and my honda prelude did this too.
but a loud bang when driving normal? thats different (i would think).

thanks for the info on the mounts. i read most of it and ill get my new dealership to check it out. im going to drive over some speed bumps in paking lots (not fast lol) to see if i hear any strange noises. thanks

MPS
05-26-2007, 11:20 AM
don't drive over bumps if there is a chance of ur mont broken get it checked out first if ur dealer can't do it today call Street Performance and talk to Jimmy 905-943-9449
or just pull the battery ur self and have a look

ovillems3
05-26-2007, 12:15 PM
well too late, took it over some speed bumps at 2-5k and no noises to indicate that it is my motor mount, still going to have it checked out anyways.
if i had a torque wrench i would check for myself.
apparently there is going to be strap made by some company just in case it does break it wont fall down and cause a lot of damage.
ill have to check and find out who is making it.

im hoping it was my suspension making that loud bang.

MPS
05-26-2007, 12:20 PM
better safe then sorry have it looked at ASAP

ovillems3
05-26-2007, 12:53 PM
its ptperformance that said their looking at a strap, here a link to check it out. their web site only has an ets tmic right now.

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123670474

go to page 5 its down a little.

MPS
05-26-2007, 01:18 PM
ill check it out later

Unoriginalusername
05-28-2007, 09:47 AM
ill check it out later

no need, mazda japan has already issued a recall for this issue... in the issues secion for links etc.

ovillems3
05-28-2007, 11:28 AM
im going to the dealer today, i have printed out the recall so my dealership can see, so mabye at least they will check it to make sure its ok for now intill we get the recall.