PDA

View Full Version : Just bought one

DingBat
05-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Just purchased a new 2007, red, Mazdaspeed3 on the weekend. Now they're out trying to find it. :)

Expect to have it within a month. It's gonna be a tough wait.

Hello to all.

bubba1983
05-28-2007, 03:38 PM
soooo many new members within the last 2 months holy cow batman!!
welcome to your new home!!!

Wild Weasel
05-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Congrats bro!! Welcome to the club.

Hmm... you bought a red one and they don't yet know which one you've bought?

Seems kinda odd. I mean... they haven't made one since December or so, have they? And they're not making any more... so unless your name is tied to one, I don't quite get how they sold it to you. :)

No worries though. I know there's some still out there up for grabs.

WhiteSpeed3
05-28-2007, 04:14 PM
congrats on another speed and welcome to the club

Jeff-TheBiz
05-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Congrats bro!! Welcome to the club.

Hmm... you bought a red one and they don't yet know which one you've bought?

Seems kinda odd. I mean... they haven't made one since December or so, have they? And they're not making any more... so unless your name is tied to one, I don't quite get how they sold it to you. :)

No worries though. I know there's some still out there up for grabs.

+1 what he said...

Make sure that it is on your bill of sale that the km shouldn't be more than xx

Also... a month?? If they can't find it in a day or two they aren't gonna find it later...

DingBat
05-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Sorry, I was being facetious.

I think the car's at another dealership and they're horse trading to get it here.

As for not making any more, I'm note sure about that. The dealer told us they're tracking some that are on boats in the pacific, that's how fast they're moving. The implication was that there are some still on the way. Maybe they've raised the number that are coming to Canada?

Caz
05-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Red is done
Could it have been another colour?

DingBat
05-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Nope, it's red. Dealership actually gave me a choice of white, red, or black. Curious.

I'd be worried, I guess, but the paperwork says 2007 red mazdaspeed3. Perhaps another dealership had one squirreled away?

cyberscorpi0
05-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Congratulations in advanced Bro and Welcome to TM3 Forum!

Jeff-TheBiz
05-28-2007, 06:34 PM
As for not making any more, I'm note sure about that. The dealer told us they're tracking some that are on boats in the pacific, that's how fast they're moving. The implication was that there are some still on the way. Maybe they've raised the number that are coming to Canada?

Gotta yell Shinanigans on this one..

There are none on a boat.

The last 5 in Ontario have been at their dealerships since Aug 06 and most likely have some mileage.

Nope, it's red. Dealership actually gave me a choice of white, red, or black. Curious.

I'd be worried, I guess, but the paperwork says 2007 red mazdaspeed3. Perhaps another dealership had one squirreled away?

See above...

Sorry..

DingBat
05-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Great. Now I'm worried.

I must have seriously misunderstood what the salesman was telling me. Still, I have a bill of sale for a red, 2007 mazdaspeed 3. I doubt (hope) the dealership was wasting my time.

We'll see.

Jeff-TheBiz
05-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Great. Now I'm worried.

I suppose if I have a sales agreement, it's worth something? Hopefully I've just misunderstood what they were talking about and there is actually a car for me.

No need to be worried, just realize that the reds are slim pickin, you may be asked to choose a different colour. If it is gonna be a red one, make sure that the kms are within reason... if they are claiming the car is new.. then how many km should it have on it?

Or worst case senario, you get your deposit back and you are back where you started.

DingBat
05-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Or worst case senario, you get your deposit back and you are back where you started.

But, don't you realize, I waaaaaaants it. :)

Thanks for the straight talk. As for the color, so long as it's not white, I'm cool.

Wild Weasel
05-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Why wouldn't they offer you blue? WTF. It's by far the best colour. :bana

dentinger
05-28-2007, 09:48 PM
hmm... my dealership just got a speed3 in the other week, in black.
so i guess they got it from another dealership
and they have had a speed6 sitting in the parking lot for some time now....

Sean80
05-28-2007, 10:50 PM
there is a red and a white ms3 sitting in the lot at Angevaar Mazda in peterborough..... the red one has been sitting in the showroom since september when I bought mine

Wild Weasel
05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Yeah, there are definitely red ones out there. They just don't hold true to the story the dealer gave this guy.

Any updates, bro? I'm sure you'll get your car and all will be well. :)

Otherwise... GET YOUR BROOMS!!!

:chuckle

Jeff-TheBiz
05-29-2007, 09:28 AM
hmm... my dealership just got a speed3 in the other week, in black.
so i guess they got it from another dealership
and they have had a speed6 sitting in the parking lot for some time now....

The black, blue and white are still available in limited quantities and are arriving daily.

The speed6.... plenty available..

there is a red and a white ms3 sitting in the lot at Angevaar Mazda in peterborough..... the red one has been sitting in the showroom since september when I bought mine

That is one of the 5... all of them are in (705) area codes..

DingBat
05-31-2007, 11:49 AM
Update:

Well, got a call from the dealership today to tell me they had found a car. They expect it to be ready for me in a weeks time at most.

Cross your fingers.

chinsterr
05-31-2007, 12:26 PM
There is a red MSP3 at markham mazda covered in bird poo ( i hope thats not yours)

flyinb22
05-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Congrats..welcome to the club

iconicrocket
05-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Congrats on the purchase. Wish they had the Speed3 2 years ago when I was shopping for a car.

DingBat
06-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Well, another update: The car is in, ready for Thursday. Can't wait.

Question: Since I hear the Bose stereo doesn't play mp3's, my main music source is going to be my iPod. Anyone have any suggestions for a good cradle/hookup for an iPod for a speed3?

Cheers.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Well, another update: The car is in, ready for Thursday. Can't wait.

Glad to hear things worked out for you.

I assume it is still the red one?

That is one of the 5... all of them are in (705) area codes..

Down to 3 as of today.

DingBat
06-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Yes, it's one of the red ones. I haven't asked where they got it.

Thanks again for your pointers. I know where to go now when I need a new one. :)

Sean80
06-04-2007, 06:54 PM
haha... the next few days are going to be sooooo looooonng for you! Congrats!

DingBat
06-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Well, I'm picking it up tomorrow.

I dropped by the dealership to sort out a few last minute details and saw the car. Looks just as good as I thought it would.

They actually started the delivery workup on it while the salesman and I were talking. You could tell it was my car going into the garage from the sound. :)

The garage area at the dealership is spotless, btw. Very nice work environment.

T-minus 24 hours and counting.