PDA

View Full Version : Mazdaspeed3 CBE

Pilzz
05-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know when any CBE will be available for the MS3? like Vibrant, Mazdaspeed, etc. and how much will the prices be on these units?

Hazy
05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
I believe patrique has the vibrant cat-back on his speed3.

CanadaGTO
05-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi there Pilzz,
The Vibrant CBE is imminent, and I can get it to you for $675 + taxes. It's the one on our vehicle and includes replacing the 2nd CAT with a high-flow unit.

Let me know if you need any more info :)

MPS
05-29-2007, 12:14 PM
lol ic ur spending that cash fast
are u getting me CBE also :)

Pilzz
05-29-2007, 12:40 PM
shhhhh don't bait out the scene!!!:flaming

Garu
05-29-2007, 04:37 PM
I'd like to know if Mazdaspeed CBE for MS3 is available yet and its price.

Unoriginalusername
05-29-2007, 05:34 PM
working the wifey over on the exhaust idea :)

MPS
05-29-2007, 06:40 PM
not redy yet 4 more weeks

WhiteSpeed3
05-30-2007, 12:02 AM
forget the CBE go for a turbo back

but then again my buddy with a STi just got a ticket for it

spyder
08-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Hey guys. Did anyone else hear the news that Mazda Canada will not be selling the Mazdaspeed Cat Back Exhaust for the Mazdaspeed 3 in Canada. I called two dealerships (Ajax and MOT) and they both confirmed this. I asked why they said the didn't know. I asked if they could get it get it from a dealer in the states or Japan...and they said that this item was the exception for the rule that they can't. So my next question of buying one from the states myself and warrenty...they said that Mazda Canada will not warrenty anything bought out of the country but they also said that since it was a Mazda part, it would not be a warrenty voiding issue.

Non the less I made my third call to Mazda Canada and they were just as puzzled as I was so they are going to research it and call me back.

So if anyone else knows, please feel free to give the details.

Cheers!

Spyder

spyder
08-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Ok so I got a call today from one of the Mazda dealerships I was talk too. So now the story has changed...

What is apparently happening is that they are so back orderd on the Mazdaspeed MS3 CBE Mazda Canada was "saying" that they weren't getting them. Anyways now Mazda Canada is saying they will have them in Canada in one Month.

Cheers!

Spyder

Pilzz
08-14-2007, 08:01 PM
I got mine about a month ago from a group buy in the states.

Here is what it looks like off the car

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z286/pilzz_speed/ms3cbe.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z286/pilzz_speed/ms3cbe1.jpg

and here is the tip piece

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z286/pilzz_speed/ms3cbe2.jpg

I like the sound on mine. I have to take a pic of it on the car and some sound clips.

kid_icarus
08-16-2007, 12:30 PM
how much does this cost from the mazda dealership?

and is it much louder than the stock? any actual performance gains?

spyder
08-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Ok so I got a call today from Mazda Canada and they confirmed they will not be selling the MS3 Mazdaspeed exhaust in Canada...

That totally sucks and the rep for Mazda Canada did not have a reason

Spyder

Ok so I got a call today from one of the Mazda dealerships I was talk too. So now the story has changed...

What is apparently happening is that they are so back orderd on the Mazdaspeed MS3 CBE Mazda Canada was "saying" that they weren't getting them. Anyways now Mazda Canada is saying they will have them in Canada in one Month.

Cheers!

Spyder

Pilzz
08-16-2007, 07:12 PM
how much does this cost from the mazda dealership?

and is it much louder than the stock? any actual performance gains?

i got mine from a GB in the states it came to $645 CAD. In terms of the sound, it is a bit louder than stock since the pipe is now 3" and you removed the resonators. It sound like a subaru a certain RPM. It sound really good not ricer sounding. If you want to meet up sometime you can hear it in person.

In terms of gains, there might be about a 10whp gain, but I cant confirm that. This is what I read on forum in mazda3forums. But appraently you get 300bhp with both the MS CAI & CBE.

spyder
08-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey guys I got my Mazdaspeed exhaust installed yesterday after having my CAI for over 5 months. I am not too impressed with it. It sounds great but my car now seems boggy. Very slow off the line and accelleration in 1,2 and 3 is definetley slower. Is there a learning curve for the ODB so do I need to give it time for the car to learn the new air flow fuel mix?

I have already called the dealership that installed it and they make me sound like an idiot cuz they said there is no way I should have a performance loss.

Any suggestions or ideas? I alread reset the ECU to give the ODB a "fresh" start and I have already driven the car over 50km since I reset the ECU.

Thanks

Spyder

Unoriginalusername
08-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey guys I got my Mazdaspeed exhaust installed yesterday after having my CAI for over 5 months. I am not too impressed with it. It sounds great but my car now seems boggy. Very slow off the line and accelleration in 1,2 and 3 is definetley slower. Is there a learning curve for the ODB so do I need to give it time for the car to learn the new air flow fuel mix?

I have already called the dealership that installed it and they make me sound like an idiot cuz they said there is no way I should have a performance loss.

Any suggestions or ideas? I alread reset the ECU to give the ODB a "fresh" start and I have already driven the car over 50km since I reset the ECU.

Thanks

Spyder

disconnect the battery and give it 200km or so and then let us know.... it also got humid again and warmer today which is not good for power either

EDIT; saw that it was disconnected, takes time for the ecu to relearn the cai again too

Pilzz
08-23-2007, 06:35 PM

Thanks

Spyder

That is weird, Mine took about 100-150k before I felt the full gain of the exhaust., but boggy i did not feel that at all.

By the way, how do you like the exhaust besides the problems you are having?

spyder
08-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Well I love the sound. The exhaust looks nice but still the same sut in it. But I am a little pissed with the dealership because I asked the service person to make sure the tech drove my car prior to the exhaust install to check the transmission because there is a funny clunk sound when shifting into third and I can only produce it when I go from 1st to 2nd and then to 3rd...clunk. And they forgot completely to do it and not to mention because I know the exhuast is a little louder...it may be harder for them to understand what clunk I am talking about.

I am thinking that I have to switch places for my oil changes and stuff because every time I ask about something they say it is normal or they change something and not fix the problem and then say it is normal. I think I am on a little bit of a war path about this exhaust and the dealership attitude with my recent service experiences there.

So back to your original question...it sounds nice and the exhaust looks nice.

Sorry for the bitching but I am just pissed at the dealership.

Spyder

Unoriginalusername
08-24-2007, 07:13 AM
what dealership?

spyder
08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
I don't want to dog the dealership just yet. I want to see how the service manager handles it all this stuff next week when he is back from holidays.

Spyder

zoomzoom33
08-25-2007, 05:37 PM

Thanks

Spyder

How much did it cost? and where did you get it from since you mentioned that mazda canada was not selling it.

spyder
08-27-2007, 02:47 AM
Lets just say I paid too much but I think with all the crap they have done, I am probably getting a discount. If I were do to it all over again I would order it from the US it is a much better deal. MSRP in canada is $1100 and no that is not what paid. That is the reason Mazda Canda is not going to sell them here as the price point is too high. Now that being said, I appeartly was the first to order a CBE from Mazda when the car first came out and because of that Mazda Canada permitted and imported of one CBE. I ordered and put some money on the exhaust the day I bought my car in Oct. /06.

Just for an update on the exhaust. I think the Mazda service adviser would have made the tech's life much easier if he had known to reset my ECU as requested. And as others mentioned, it took about 200km of driving before this thing woke up. Now my reason on why I thought the car was slower/boggy was do to the fact that 1st and 2nd gear triggering the TCS but and now I have to really rev the engine to do it in 2nd. But third gear is a F**'n beast! And anything over 3500RPM pulls well. So I have to say that the car is now kick ass again. I have also noticed that the exhaust is now a little lower note then first isntalled. Do exhuasts also have to be broken in?

Just one more question though. Even though I bought this exhaust blind, I am still trying to figure out why it is suppose to improve performance in combination with a CAI? I understand about improved air flow but wouldn't higher back pressure be more advantgous to spool up the turbo. Increased diameter of piping will allow more air but the wider the pipe the less the pressure...that is why I am wondering if back perssure is important.

Could somebody elaborate please?

Thanks

Spyder

Unoriginalusername
08-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Lets just say I paid too much but I think with all the crap they have done, I am probably getting a discount. If I were do to it all over again I would order it from the US it is a much better deal. MSRP in canada is $1100 and no that is not what paid. That is the reason Mazda Canda is not going to sell them here as the price point is too high. Now that being said, I appeartly was the first to order a CBE from Mazda when the car first came out and because of that Mazda Canada permitted and imported of one CBE. I ordered and put some money on the exhaust the day I bought my car in Oct. /06.

Just for an update on the exhaust. I think the Mazda service adviser would have made the tech's life much easier if he had known to reset my ECU as requested. And as others mentioned, it took about 200km of driving before this thing woke up. Now my reason on why I thought the car was slower/boggy was do to the fact that 1st and 2nd gear triggering the TCS but and now I have to really rev the engine to do it in 2nd. But third gear is a F**'n beast! And anything over 3500RPM pulls well. So I have to say that the car is now kick ass again. I have also noticed that the exhaust is now a little lower note then first isntalled. Do exhuasts also have to be broken in?

Just one more question though. Even though I bought this exhaust blind, I am still trying to figure out why it is suppose to improve performance in combination with a CAI? I understand about improved air flow but wouldn't higher back pressure be more advantgous to spool up the turbo. Increased diameter of piping will allow more air but the wider the pipe the less the pressure...that is why I am wondering if back perssure is important.

Thanks

Spyder

In your other thread you said $900 so why not say the same here lol? The turbo is supposed to create all the back pressure/resistance that you need so a free'er flowing exhaust is just gravy when in comes to performance.... it is for NA cars that you lose back pressure and can hurt performance i believe

Pilzz
08-27-2007, 08:18 AM

Thanks

Spyder

i got mine for $590 US in a group buy. I will check what they are selling them for now and repost the link. I know it is way less that $1100, that is just highway robbery.:AH

spyder
08-27-2007, 09:30 AM
As I said I think with the fact that they have hacked up my stock exhaust and so it would be hard to sell or reinstall so it would be cheaper to discount me than to order a brand new stock exhaust for remplacement.

I have brought this dealership at least 10 buyers so I am sure they do not want to lose my business.