PDA

View Full Version : AXXESS iPod interface w/ TEXT! on Factory Display

Sean80
06-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Has anybody seen this yet? I'm thinking of ordering it real soon!

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=79305.0

howitts_done
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
WICKED!!! Here's the walkthrough (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=79381.msg1457322#msg1457322) and full details (http://cgi.ebay.ca/2004-2006-MAZDA-3-DIRECT-iPOD-AUX-INPUT-W-TEXT_W0QQitemZ150125303849QQihZ005QQcategoryZ38636 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

FLIPDADY
06-05-2007, 08:23 PM
How's the reliability of this unit? Sure the song display is a nice feature but the unit looks really cheap.

howitts_done
06-05-2007, 10:24 PM
How's the reliability of this unit? Sure the song display is a nice feature but the unit looks really cheap.

Agreed. I think I will wait to see what the reviews are like before I fork up the cash.

bennymoto
06-08-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm taking the plunge... whoo hoo! Can't wait to tear open my console!

zedtech
06-08-2007, 06:18 AM
Same here. Was gonna get the Mazda Accessories one but I love the fact this one displays the track info on the stock head unit LCD :)

MidnightSpeed
06-08-2007, 08:35 AM
That is WICKED!! Definately buying that.

bluntman
06-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Hmm, interesting product. The only thing that is stopping me from ordering one is that it forces me to create a playlist. The only playlist I have on my iPod is the Purchased playlist. When I get in my car I generally like to click Shuffle Songs and go. Of course I could put my entire library in one playlist...

Of course I'd rather spend my money elsewhere...like on crack.

Sean80
06-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Hmm, interesting product. The only thing that is stopping me from ordering one is that it forces me to create a playlist. The only playlist I have on my iPod is the Purchased playlist. When I get in my car I generally like to click Shuffle Songs and go. Of course I could put my entire library in one playlist...

Of course I'd rather spend my money elsewhere...like on crack.

I asked the guy from the company about this. He said that you can hook up your ipod through the ipod connector or the aux-input. If you hook it up via the aux-input, you have full control (ie. shuffle) of your ipod. The only thing is it will not display song info or charge your ipod unless it is connected via the ipod port on the bottom.

bluntman
06-09-2007, 05:54 AM
Well that's no good...I want it all!

doughboyr6
06-10-2007, 01:23 PM
this is as good as it gets....the only other device i know of that allows for control of the ipod while connected is the neo one....but that doesn't display text

Zubbie
06-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know if the Ipod and the Zune use the same type of connectors??

whiteomega
06-10-2007, 07:51 PM
in terms of stereo audio output, they should both use 3.5mm stereo mini plugs. in terms of dock connectors, i highly doubt they use the same connector.

1flycdnM3
06-11-2007, 11:39 AM
sounds alot like the AudioLink I purchased (delievered tomorrow) other than having the song(s) displayed. Have to see how the AudioLink works and make comparisons from that. This does sound like an excellent product.

Sean80
06-11-2007, 05:47 PM
sounds alot like the AudioLink I purchased (delievered tomorrow) other than having the song(s) displayed. Have to see how the AudioLink works and make comparisons from that. This does sound like an excellent product.

Yeah! definately let us know how the audiolink works out.

ArManI
06-11-2007, 10:19 PM
intersting product~ but i dont even have an ipod :{

AXCL
07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Did anyone get this yet? I'm waiting for someone to be the guineapig before I get one :-)

bennymoto
07-31-2007, 01:36 PM
So I just finished my install over the weekend. The process went just like the walkthru howitts_done posted above. I routed the iPod connector under the cup holders and into the centre console. The AuxIn connector went into the glove box.

To get to the iPod/Auxin input, i select the "Media" button (i think MD on some HUs). Switch betwen Auxin and iPod input by going to radio and then back into Media.

On my sister's iPod nano, it works as listed. steering wheel controls, text on HU. Sound is pretty good too. I think the bass is as good/better than CD input.

Annoyances:
* You have to turn the text button to scroll the text. it doesn't auto scroll.
* Navigating using iPod controls is much easier than using the HU buttons, but the connector locks out iPod controls.
* I blew my interior lights fuse during install. (probably because I had all the lights on) That reset all my radio stations and my trip counter.
* Although it works as advertised for my sister's iPod, it doesn't work with my 4G BW iPod. ANNOYING! I restored, and it just won't output sound...

Conclusions:
* As far as I can tell, this is the most feature packed interface available for pre 2007, non-clarion, non-bose stock HUs. It apparently works with XM radio too, but I don't have that. I love not having to use the cigarette lighter or an iTrip, and having AuxIn if I want it.

If only I could get it to work with _my_ iPod, i'd be damn happy... I'm 99% sure it's a problem with my iPod and not the unit, but Bryan at Integration Solutions is super amazing, and offered to replace it anyways (seriously 5 stars to him). I probably won't bother and maybe I'll buy a used iPod somewhere instead.

1flycdnM3
07-31-2007, 06:53 PM
well aside from the text-scrolling, i am more than happy with my AudioLink and it is GREAT for those long trips to the cottage! You can use the iPod controls, HU controls or steering wheel controls (which is all i use). So I am happy it doesn't lock out the iPod. Still my only complaint is i have to pull out the dock connector or my battery will die if left in overnight (found that out the hard way). I did the iTrip thing for almost a year before deciding on this and i could honestly care less about the scrolling text because i know all my music (but a cool feature i suppose) :)

doughboyr6
07-31-2007, 08:37 PM
i remember one of these products....don't remember which one, will shut off 5 mins after the car to ensure that battery doesn't get drained....

jwan
02-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know if this product will work with a 2008 Mazda 3?

I have reviewed this post http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=79381.msg1457322#msg1457322

and the only difference I see is that on the HU, I have a Media button (which sources the 3.5mm AUX plug in the center console) whereas these pictures show a Tape/MD button.

Thanks, J

Mike
02-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I have read on the ebay description that it's not compatible with 08 models because it has a SAT button.
That sucks, because I want one too, but I have an 08.
Makes me wanna trade my 08 stereo for an 07 so I can have access to that port, since I cannot justify paying hundreds of dollars to install that satellite radio option anyway.