PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest/Best Exhaust System

Bouncx5
06-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Now i know those two dont go hand and hand but im all about getting the best deal! Now the 3 most poplular ones i have noticed are Magnaflow. Vibrant and MazdaSpeed. So can anyone tell me how much/whats cheapest and where around York Region or further to buy/install.

Kevin@nextmod
06-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Magnaflow is the cheapest one of all 3. Get that from the GB from CTA patrique.

MattC
06-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Pearly's is the best though, I don't know how much it cost actually... i thnk its around 650 or more, but it looks/sounds the best.

Kevin@nextmod
06-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks Matt....I got mine for about $780 tax in.

MattC
06-06-2007, 02:01 PM
+1 for magnaflow's price.

I don't know how it stacks up as far as loudness.. but I think its louder than the speed. but not as loud as hks... can anyone confirm/refute?

Broli
06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
best and cheapest = stock!

:D

haha

i have the magnaflow and i am as happy with it today as i was when i installed it

it is louder than the speed but quieter than vibrant and hks

sp3GT
06-06-2007, 03:39 PM
From what I heard before Magnaflow and speed some pretty much the same. But right now I'm finding my magnaflow just a bit too loud. It should quiet down once it breaks in, it's getting better.

chinsterr
06-06-2007, 04:03 PM
I have had both the vibrant and the speed, both seem to be around the same "loudness." However, the pitch and exhaust note is noticeably different.

Vibrant makes more of a bubbling sound during idle than the speed.

HKS is louder than both of them.

I cannot comment on the magnaflow .

EDIT*** My friends have told me that when i push the car on the highway they can smell something "funny" as i pass by. I notice that the tip of my exhaust gets black very very quick. Could i be running too rich ?

justin
06-06-2007, 10:43 PM
EDIT*** My friends have told me that when i push the car on the highway they can smell something "funny" as i pass by. I notice that the tip of my exhaust gets black very very quick. Could i be running too rich ?

What does it smell like? Can they tell you? Don't know if you are running to rich... what octane do you use? I would think that running some fuel injector cleaner in your next fill up might solve that problem.

DARK3
06-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey bro, my dad works for Vibrant Performance and i can score u a deal on the full catback system and if your in toronto area i have one on my car for u to hear.

b
06-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Hey bro, my dad works for Vibrant Performance and i can score u a deal on the full catback system and if your in toronto area i have one on my car for u to hear.

Where where you a few months back when I was buying mine! JK. Vibrant has been really good to deal with. Maybe not the cheapest but I am very happy with my purchase!

Flagrum_3
06-08-2007, 01:14 AM
If your talking quality vs. price and not just sound then IMO, Vibrant is the hands down winner; T304 Stainless and High flow Cat.

_3

Bouncx5
06-08-2007, 02:31 AM
Ya was thinking of going with vibrant for the sound quality, dont want it to be too loud and wake up the block coming home everynight! Pm where ur shop is and how much and ya would love to hear it out.

sp3GT
06-08-2007, 06:48 PM
I heard the quality on VIbrant isn't that great.

MattC
06-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey Guys, all those wanting to get an exhaust, there might be a way for us to get a GB on Mazdaspeed exhausts if 5 of us will buy em.

PM me if you are interested in saving around 100$* off retail on a mazdaspeed exhaust.

SERIOUS PEOPLE ONLY PLEASE.

*actual amount pending but its a great deal.

chinsterr
06-08-2007, 09:14 PM

+1

But for the price , you can't complain (its like getting a high flow cat for free).

sp3GT
06-08-2007, 09:28 PM
I considered that at first but it's too loud for me and qualities not that good.

b
06-08-2007, 09:52 PM

What have you heard? I've had no problems... but it would be nice to know what to look for.

CanadaGTO
06-09-2007, 12:15 AM
What have you heard? I've had no problems... but it would be nice to know what to look for.

About 5 years back a few Vibrant systems suposedly had issues, but I've always thought well of their systems.

Flagrum_3
06-09-2007, 08:53 AM

+1 I'd really like to know what problems? I took a pretty good look at my system before I put it on and I'll tell you the quality of the metal, the welds, the guage size etc; everything was top-notch.I've had the system on now for only about 2 months, but last I looked it still looked like I just put it on, it sounds great and I'll swear to the fact I have more torque and my fuel mileage has increased....So where could they possibly be bad?

_3

sp3GT
06-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Before I got my Magnaflow Exhaust I was talking to my uncle's friend who is a wholesale dealer for Magnaflow and Vibrant.
He's been in the business for a long time too, he was telling me how the Vibrant T304 steel isn't as good as the Magnaflow T309 (which was recently changed). Before Mag was using 409 which is the cheapest type of stainless steel.
The Vibrant has had several issues with welds but the examples he gave me were all american cars.
That's why I went with Magnaflow in the end.

Zubbie
06-09-2007, 03:45 PM
The only difference between T309 and T304 is that T309 has a slightly higher temperature resistance.

Flagrum_3
06-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Before I got my Magnaflow Exhaust I was talking to my uncle's friend who is a wholesale dealer for Magnaflow and Vibrant.
He's been in the business for a long time too, he was telling me how the Vibrant T304 steel isn't as good as the Magnaflow T309 (which was recently changed). Before Mag was using 409 which is the cheapest type of stainless steel.
The Vibrant has had several issues with welds but the examples he gave me were all american cars.
That's why I went with Magnaflow in the end.

Your uncle's friend probably got bigger kickbacks from Magnaflow:chuckle ...it is also the opinion of one person.T304 SS is more than good enough.Hell we used it almost exclusively on the F-18 Fighter jets, so if its good enough for US Airforce Standards, I think it should be good enough for our exhausts.As for the welds I think if they had had problems in the past, I'm pretty confident they have remedied them, basically cause like I said the welds looked top-notch.

_3

MAZDA Kitten
06-10-2007, 10:09 AM
If your talking quality vs. price and not just sound then IMO, Vibrant is the hands down winner; T304 Stainless and High flow Cat.

+1

thats why I went with a Vibrant
And also their office is down the street from my work so it worked to my advantage:bana2

sp3GT
06-10-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm not saying the Vibrant is necessairly a bad exhaust, I was just kinda explaining what I heard and why I went with Magnaflow.
The Vibrant is good too cause you're getting a high flow cat too.

doughboyr6
06-10-2007, 04:06 PM
look for with a mazdaspeed3 who's getting rid of the stocker....it almost bolts straight on except for one flange. i'm sure you can get those cheap...and it sounds awesome. very stockish with a bit of attitude.

otherwise....magnaflow and trubendz would be the cheapest best bang for the buck

b
06-10-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm not saying the Vibrant is necessairly a bad exhaust, I was just kinda explaining what I heard and why I went with Magnaflow.
The Vibrant is good too cause you're getting a high flow cat too.

Thanks for explaining. I have a vibrant... and I love it. However, I hate the rust spots on the tip. I've tried polishing compound and couldn't get it out.

sp3GT
06-10-2007, 09:58 PM
My tip is already starting to turn black, what do you use to clean it? Just soap and water?

Flagrum_3
06-12-2007, 02:51 AM
It depends on what the tip is made from! The Vibrant tip is chrome so I would assume a chrome or metal polisher would work good, which you can purchase at any CT store.MK says she uses VIM to clean her tip, but I haven't tried it myself.

_3

rcd001
06-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Where do you guy's meet in Toronto to listen to some of these in person. My girl can be picky and will break my balls if my exhaust is to loud during cruise speed.. My car, but she is usually with me on road trips.

Kevin@nextmod
06-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Or you can try easy off, its really good on stains on stove tops but be careful when you use it, cause when it gets on your hand or arm it gets ichy.

doughboyr6
06-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Where do you guy's meet in Toronto to listen to some of these in person. My girl can be picky and will break my balls if my exhaust is to loud during cruise speed.. My car, but she is usually with me on road trips.

go to the meets...see meets section

WhiteSpeed3
06-13-2007, 12:40 AM
look for with a mazdaspeed3 who's getting rid of the stocker....it almost bolts straight on except for one flange. i'm sure you can get those cheap...and it sounds awesome. very stockish with a bit of attitude.

otherwise....magnaflow and trubendz would be the cheapest best bang for the buck

CTA patrique has one i think

but i think u should go custom for the exhaust might be a bit more but they always sound good

wingnut12
06-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Why don't you just find a shop willing to bend some pipe for you and then get whatever muffler you want? Just make sure they use higher quality steel. That should be way cheaper than buying name brand, and you'll get exactly what you want.

My step-father runs a muffler shop (way out of town). When he used to do custom work, he could bend an entire system in under 20 minutes, so don't get suckered by shops telling you that it's more complicated (expensive) than it really is.