PDA

View Full Version : Decals

dr1ft3r
06-08-2007, 12:39 AM
I just put on the tm3 decals and i feel like im going to lose a letter on the first car wash. Why not just have a one piece decal. I'm sure some people must have lost a letter or two and then have to buy another to replace em.....unless...They were designed that way as part of an evil plot by tm3...its a conspiracy i tells ya!
:chuckle

Gizzmo_jr
06-08-2007, 01:27 AM
lol I just put mine on today as well, btw thanks S.F.W .

Where did you put yours?

dr1ft3r
06-08-2007, 01:44 AM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/dr1ft3r310/07062007364.jpg
I got blasted in the other thread coz my girl was on my car. sheesh!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/dr1ft3r310/07062007365.jpg

cwp_sedan
06-08-2007, 06:43 AM
lol...I had no problems putting mine on. If you cleaned the surface and then slowly stuck the decal on you should be fine. As long as you pressed on it afterwards it shouldn't come off. In the past have been through many carwashes with high pressure sprays and any vinyl I've happlied has held up.

I got blasted in the other thread coz my girl was on my car. sheesh!

And for good reason! :bang :chuckle

Wild Weasel
06-08-2007, 06:49 AM
What do you mean by a "one piece decal"? You mean a bumper sticker?? http://www.michelleandkevin.ca/forum/images/smiles/huh.gif

dr1ft3r
06-08-2007, 09:53 AM
You don't get it? imagine putting clear masking tape on top of the decal and cutting around letters like a stencil. it would essentialy become one piece and hold together. Not really a bumper sticker but call it what you want.

And for good reason! :bang :chuckle

Well soooreeeeee

Gizzmo_jr
06-08-2007, 09:56 AM
ah, I put mine on the rear mini windows (hatch).

cwp_sedan
06-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Meh...My gf knows the car is off limits to anything except a microfibre towel or a naked body (like that would ever happen...lol).

I think the clear backing that you are suggesting would damage the clean look of it. Just my 2¢

dr1ft3r
06-08-2007, 10:07 AM
its a fair compromise. It will not look so clean after you lose that first letter.

eqlso
06-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Having them stick the other way might be good too, so I could stick them on the inside instead of the outside. I put mine on the lower end of the rear windshield, and I've been afraid to blast it with water. But it does seem pretty secure.

dr1ft3r
06-08-2007, 10:16 AM
You would never see it if your windows are tinted.

eqlso
06-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Oh thats true. Put the decal on first, then get your car tinted :D

cwp_sedan
06-08-2007, 10:34 AM
I had a sticker on my Grand Am for 2.5 years and I never lost any letters. The sticker held up very well. Summers and winters couldn't break it down. :D

MattC
06-08-2007, 11:32 AM
I even have stickers on my calipers and their fine on there. so if they can last then the rest can. as CWP said... just rub the top of the sticker with your finger for like 30 secs... and make sure you do it when its warm out.

Wild Weasel
06-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Credit cards work well for applying decals.

Broli
06-08-2007, 12:01 PM
what letter are u having problems with?

BiG-ED
06-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Credit cards work well for applying decals.

so tru
when i got some decals and vinyls done on previous cars we always used some sort of card to press and make sure it was flat w/ no air pockets

dr1ft3r
06-08-2007, 11:28 PM
what letter are u having problems with?

I'm not having problems with any letter...i just put em on. its just a suggestion. I'll just power wash around them to be safe.:chuckle

Broli
06-09-2007, 12:54 AM
ohhh,
lol

have been good so far for me i guess we will see after the first winter

Dvas_Romeo
06-09-2007, 08:27 PM
I put my decals, from Broli, on approx. April of this year. So far so good on the rear hatch windows, no problems! *knock on wood* Woot woot!

Sorry, I've had a few glasses of wine. o_O

Chiburashka
06-11-2007, 05:37 AM
I think I'm the first, but someone has to be the bearer of bad news...

My TM3 logo fell apart two weeks ago, followed by the A from .CA soo I didn't bother with making a thread just to complain, I peeled the whole thing off...but since this thread was made I couldn't resist.

I've yet to put on my 2nd sticker as I've bought two, so we'll see how the second one will fair.

P.S Before anyone even says anything, YES I cleaned the surface. I put it on the driver side plastic skirt on the bottom and my theory is that rock chips had at it and it eventually gave in...or maybe it's just my luck.

dr1ft3r
06-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Thank you for making my point chib.

Wild Weasel
06-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I think I'm the first, but someone has to be the bearer of bad news...

My TM3 logo fell apart two weeks ago, followed by the A from .CA soo I didn't bother with making a thread just to complain, I peeled the whole thing off...but since this thread was made I couldn't resist.

I've yet to put on my 2nd sticker as I've bought two, so we'll see how the second one will fair.

P.S Before anyone even says anything, YES I cleaned the surface. I put it on the driver side plastic skirt on the bottom and my theory is that rock chips had at it and it eventually gave in...or maybe it's just my luck.

How did you clean it? Was it applied over a waxed area or did you strip it first?

Really though... I'd stick to putting them on the glass. Makes removal later much easier when you don't have to worry about scratching the surface. :)

Broli
06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
in a few months i will take a poll to see how the sticker faired
mine have held up well as i said, but the previous stickers were
amazying quality, i could tell a difference between the two

WLS ZMZM
06-11-2007, 12:21 PM
I think it just really depends on how it's applied... to a plastic area, they tend not to hold so well..... on the glass a little water/vinegar mix in a windex bottle works really well to clean the area. WW is right lay it on the area to be applied and take a credit card or bank card and rub it almost till the white paper gets kind of dirty and that will allow it to hold. One of the stickers I have on my civic has lasted 4 years through the winter and everything...you just have to be careful when scraping the window, otherwise it should hold up to a car wash if it was applied properly.

MattC
06-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I haven't put ont just on the car, but the ones on my LP cover are fine. I did spray clear coat on em tho :chuckle

Unoriginalusername
06-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Meh...My gf knows the car is off limits to anything except a microfibre towel or a naked body (like that would ever happen...lol).

doesn't get any better when you're married :chuckle....

jedd999
06-18-2007, 08:17 PM
I think it just really depends on how it's applied... to a plastic area, they tend not to hold so well..... on the glass a little water/vinegar mix in a windex bottle works really well to clean the area. WW is right lay it on the area to be applied and take a credit card or bank card and rub it almost till the white paper gets kind of dirty and that will allow it to hold. One of the stickers I have on my civic has lasted 4 years through the winter and everything...you just have to be careful when scraping the window, otherwise it should hold up to a car wash if it was applied properly.

Just grab a clear coat or some clear spray paint and go wild after you apply the sticker :bana

Tizmee24
06-27-2007, 09:42 PM
hi wer can i get a decal???

dr1ft3r
06-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Got mine from broli at a meet.