PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and or opinions on this dash mod product guys ?

floating_weasel
06-09-2007, 12:27 AM
No idea what the durability might be, but the idea of carbon fibre
veneer all over the place is kinda cool. Is it just rice out the wazoo ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280120419315&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us

Thanks,

JP

Broli
06-09-2007, 12:32 AM
no man . . .
u dont want to do this!

there were some people with a blue carbon fibre kit like this before, see if u can track down the thread and ask them about durability

note it will probably be a bit thick and puff off the surfaces . .

if u want to make some changes to certain pieces, i would suggest painting them

yearoftherat
06-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Paint em...

You have to take in account the thickness of the carbon fibre sheet and then add to that the thickness of the 2 way tape.

Seliina
06-09-2007, 01:08 AM
I think I would like the look of it. It's peel & stick so there shouldn't be the thickness of double-sided tape.
If you decide to try it, please post pics & a review I'd like to see it...:)

WhiteSpeed3
06-09-2007, 01:13 AM
might be a little to much carbon

Wild Weasel
06-11-2007, 11:34 AM
I've seen this done on Cavaliers and it really never looks like anything but a bunch of stickers. I'm not a fan.

Caz
06-11-2007, 12:46 PM
There are 2 types of kits a flat kit and a moulded kit. If the kit is molded to dash, it looks alright, if it is a flat peice applied to a curved dash are it looks like crap. The kit you have linked is a flat kit.

I have seen the moulded style in the show room at Ajax mazda back in '04 and again at Whitby Mazda in '06. You should see this in person before you purchase, pictures can trick your eye.

I also think fake CF looks like ass, you are better to go with a solid colour.

As suggested before having your trim painted is a much nicer look.

Cardinal Fang
06-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I also think fake CF looks like ass,

I almost took offense to this statement. Then again I always think you guys are picking on me. :loco

.......you are better to go with a solid colour.

I have to agree.

floating_weasel
06-12-2007, 11:39 PM
I have to agree.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Biz's solid colour accents which match the outside colour of his car where all the grey used to be inside (steering wheel bits, door bits, dash bit) and it looks great. If all you folks say that is the way to go, I'll do it.

As I am always looking at new products, here is another one for judgement. I will not be getting this one, but here it is anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190121019914&rd=1,1

Cheers

F-Weasel

Chiburashka
06-13-2007, 05:08 AM
I've seen this exact mod in person and it looks TERRIBLE. I couldn't resist but asking him a million times if he REALLY/ACTUALLY liked it. Looks very cheap, wouldn't ever recommend for anyone to do this. It literally looks like a sticker under a layer of polish put on a thick sheet of plastic and then stuck on the dash.

floating_weasel
06-13-2007, 10:47 AM
I've seen this exact mod in person and it looks TERRIBLE. I couldn't resist but asking him a million times if he REALLY/ACTUALLY liked it. Looks very cheap, wouldn't ever recommend for anyone to do this. It literally looks like a sticker under a layer of polish put on a thick sheet of plastic and then stuck on the dash.

Ah the dangers of done up internet pictures and not seeing it in person. *grin*

chinsterr
06-13-2007, 11:13 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190121019914&rd=1,1

Looks a little like an TSX/Accord dash at night.

jedd999
06-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Looks a little like an TSX/Accord dash at night.

If I were to go through the trouble of pulling out the dash, I would change the LEDs like some members here have done... the blue LEDs look really nice.

These dont look so bad, but its probably just as much work as something that will look much better

pb_blade
06-13-2007, 11:13 PM
ricey......... what's with carbon everywhere anyways, i mean i understand it on the exterior to lighten things like the hood and trunk.... but adding fake carbon stickers....... it's like chrome stickers on your gas lid...

Skarbro
06-14-2007, 05:36 AM
Fake CF = teh suck

Wild Weasel
06-14-2007, 06:21 AM
ricey......... what's with carbon everywhere anyways, i mean i understand it on the exterior to lighten things like the hood and trunk.... but adding fake carbon stickers....... it's like chrome stickers on your gas lid...

The irony is that you're actually adding weight to the car to put them on. :chuckle

MAZDA Kitten
06-15-2007, 07:54 PM
http://www.thisaremusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/simon.jpg