PDA

View Full Version : I just couldnt beleive....

garboui
06-09-2007, 03:11 PM
...how much crap came off my paint with a clay bar. the cars never been clay'd before so i was expecting lots because of that but on the freshly painted half thats only about a month and a half old alot of stuff still came off.

after that i hit up the car with some turtle wax polish compound to get out some fine scratches and clear up my lenses a bit more. after seeing what else was comming off with the polish i ended up doing the whole car with that. at this point the car is feeling pretty smooth and looking pretty shiny.

i then used the mothers cali gold carnuba cleaner wax that came with the clay bar kit. DANG!!! ive never seen my car shine and have depth like this before. i could have probably even got a bit more shine if i was back home and i used maguires tech wax as well. (thats for next weekend when i go home i guess ;) ).

btw: i picked up the materials at wal-mart in buffalo last night.

can tie USA wal-mart
mothers clay bar kit 25.99 14.49
tw polish compound 4.99 2.49
maguires tech wax 29.99 13.29
tax 14% 4%
some cool lottle microfiber wash mop on a stick 8.99 (should have bought it)

i couldnt beleive how much cheaper it all is down there. on top of the cheapness your saving another 10% on taxes. mabye we should have a tm3 buffalo cruise later on in the summer to go down to the states and raid the auyomotive dept at wal-mart.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-09-2007, 03:51 PM
:ttiwwp

KenYork
06-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Our higher exchange rate makes it even better.

garboui
06-09-2007, 06:47 PM
:ttiwwp

dammit i know, i was going to but had to run. if its still clean tonight i might snap a few night pics

eShine.ca
06-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Claybarring a vehicle is one of the most important steps in detailing yet the most overlooked. Take a quick look at our claybarring article!

http://www.eshine.ca/DetailClay.htm