PDA

View Full Version : Damn road painters

Bouncx5
06-12-2007, 07:22 PM
So they were doing the stop sign road paint(white) and i guess by the next day it still wasnt dry and no cones were there to let people know it was still wet.. Anyways i have white paint on my side skirts (rigth side only) now, i can scratch it off with my nail but wont come off with ho water and cloth and i dont wanna wreck paint.. What should i do?

eShine.ca
06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
So they were doing the stop sign road paint(white) and i guess by the next day it still wasnt dry and no cones were there to let people know it was still wet.. Anyways i have white paint on my side skirts (rigth side only) now, i can scratch it off with my nail but wont come off with ho water and cloth and i dont wanna wreck paint.. What should i do?

You can try a chemical paint cleaner/solvent. Any NAPA should have some, it should remove the paint but not harm your factory paint. If the paint splatter is very fine you can also use a claybar but only if it is very fine, you dont want the paint scuffing the vehicle. Either way remember to re-apply wax to those areas.

garboui
06-12-2007, 11:55 PM
i had that too soon after i got my car. i tried many different solvents, bug and tar remover and even some special cleaners. i ended up gust having to scratch all the buts off with my fingernail and soapy water. unfortunate soloution but road paint is just a bitch

DrunknFoo
06-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Went through the same problem several months back. I used lots of soapy water and some super fine grit 20/10 micron sandpaper and lapped over the area, afterwards, slapped on some polish and it was as if it was never there.