PDA

View Full Version : Bad Ontario Mazda experience.

pfbmgd
06-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I went today to check out a 3 Sport GT .I asked to test drive it .During the test drive the salesman started with usual lines.Today you can get the best deal .We sell the most so you will get the best price. Now before I went to the dealership I did some research .I went to the Mazda web site and priced out the car .On the site the car came to $491 a month for 60 months zero down .We sit down at his desk to talk .I ask him to get me his price per month with zero down .He takes our information and leaves .He comes back a few minutes later with the figures .His price is $524 a month .This is just about $2000 over MRSP by my estimate .I tell him that his figure is way off and I how him my print out .He takes it to his manager again .He comes back with a price of $506 .That`s about $800 over MSRP by my estimate .He tells me that the web site is wrong and not updated .He says that the manger told him that the shipping on the web site is wrong.I tell him that we will get back to him .He says just wait I`ll see what I can do .Now I was ready to leave when he came with the first numbers .But I figured that maybe he had the GT with leather model price figure . But no he said the web site was wrong .I wait about five minutes .I finally get sick of this in 5 minutes .I go looking for him .I can`t see him anywhere from the dealership floor .We leave the place without saying bye .We know we will not return .Now we really liked the Sport .But Ontario Mazda has left a really bad taste with me .

dsichewski
06-16-2007, 09:28 PM
sorry to hear you had a bad experience!...you should contact Jeff...aka TheBiz...He works for Mazda of Toronto, he will treat you right! Many members including me have bought a car, or even 2 from him! Take care and good luck and welcome! :)

majic
06-17-2007, 01:08 AM
that sucks .i bet you he was givin` you those crappy deals due to your period placement .maybe i`m wrong .oh well, did you know that the fuel economy on this car SUCKS ?you should get a honda instead .

MajesticBlueNTO
06-17-2007, 02:43 AM
your first mistake was dealing on monthly payments. talk final price (i.e. negotiate invoice + $xxx to start....with invoice being about 8% off MSRP) then calculate the monthly payments using a financing spreadsheet.

also, read the fine print on the website:

Prices do NOT include license, registration, insurance, other taxes and levies, and other dealer charges.

the website leaves out the Air Tax (~$100), Gas Tax (~$75), Dealer Admin fee (anywhere from $75 to $200+), registration (starting at $74 for 1 year), etc, etc.

cliff's notes: you're getting hosed because dealers love to con people like you who discuss monthly payments and not final price. you have "SUCKER" stamped on your forehead when you negotiate like this.

Flagrum_3
06-17-2007, 03:19 AM
your first mistake was dealing on monthly payments. talk final price (i.e. negotiate invoice + $xxx to start....with invoice being about 8% off MSRP) then calculate the monthly payments using a financing spreadsheet.

the website leaves out the Air Tax (~$100), Gas Tax (~$75), Dealer Admin fee (anywhere from $75 to $200+), registration (starting at $74 for 1 year), etc, etc.

cliff's notes: you're getting hosed because dealers love to con people like you who discuss monthly payments and not final price. you have "SUCKER" stamped on your forehead when you negotiate like this.

+1 and AMEN!

_3

pfbmgd
06-17-2007, 09:02 AM
I guess I must be dealing with kids on this site .One is upset that he need to get real and call his ride a wagon .The other thinks you can`t figure out the total price from a payment .It`s a bit tougher to do math from the payment .But believe it or not it can be done .It`s people like you that get hosed with admin fees .I never paid one yet(I`m sure its some where in the price of the car) .The registration is already on my car and can be transfered . When you get up today in your parents basement.Make sure you kiss your dad thank you for your wagon .

MattC
06-17-2007, 09:52 AM
After reading your post twice, I think it was meant as a burn...

These guys tried to help you out and understand why there is a discrepancy between web pricing and dealer pricing, and you rip on them?

Did you think maybe the salesman left and never came back because you were a douche and he didnt want to deal with you?

Now, I realise your original post wasn't really meant to be a question as to why your pricing was different, but more of a commentary... But don't post something like that in an open forum without expecting some feedback.

It's not like anyone even flamed you, they all were sympathetic to your situation and tried to offer insight.

Go to Jeff at Mazda of Toronto, he can probably get you the best deal.

And in the future, please don't go around attacking people for just trying to help.

pfbmgd
06-17-2007, 10:55 AM
You are right mattc it was meant as a burn .I just wrote what happened to me at this dealer .I was always respectful with the salesman.I have bought over 10 new cars/motorcycles in my time .I was never treated like this before .I talked to a friend and he had a similar experience with a Mazda dealership.I just posted my experience .I wan`t looking to be called a sucker or told to buy a Honda. The sport is a great wagon .I would like to purchase one .I had a bad experience with a Chrysler product dealing with warranty .I have never nor has my family ever bought Chrysler again.I purchased 4 cars and had always had a positive experience with the sales staff .This dealer experience has really turned me off Mazda.

p-o-g-i
06-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience. I purchased my '07 Mazda3 GT Sedan there and had no problems at all. They were kind and curtious to me and went above and beyond to work within my budget.

Of course I'm just talking about the sales experience..... I haven't taken my car there yet for it's first oil change so I can't comment on that......

Jeff-TheBiz
06-17-2007, 12:08 PM

There should absolutely be no admin fee on any new car from Mazda, it goes against the Mazda/Dealer agreement and they could lose their franchsie.

And the registration fee to finance starts at $40 for a 2 yr term, and $65 for a 3,4,5,6,7 (also known as Private Property Security Act, PPSA for short.)

Sorry to hear about your experience, don't let this ruin your chance to own a great car.

jedd999
06-17-2007, 04:13 PM
You are right mattc it was meant as a burn .I just wrote what happened to me at this dealer .I was always respectful with the salesman.I have bought over 10 new cars/motorcycles in my time .I was never treated like this before .I talked to a friend and he had a similar experience with a Mazda dealership.I just posted my experience .I wan`t looking to be called a sucker or told to buy a Honda. The sport is a great wagon .I would like to purchase one .I had a bad experience with a Chrysler product dealing with warranty .I have never nor has my family ever bought Chrysler again.I purchased 4 cars and had always had a positive experience with the sales staff .This dealer experience has really turned me off Mazda.

+1 for trying to make sure that everyone you know will never buy another Chrysler!!!

Sean80
06-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Pfbmgd, when everyone around you seems to be an *******, maybe you should stop and think about who the ******* really is.........

pfbmgd
06-17-2007, 08:29 PM
I will call you Biz .Thanks for the real input .

sauga_kid
06-18-2007, 10:13 AM
+1 on not letting a bad sales experience being the cause of you missing out on a great car. This is an open forum so don't be surprised at the "different" type of poeple you will hear from here. But as you have said, go see the Biz...really nice guy and he'll be up front with you, good luck!

Caz
06-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Use a period with no spaces to end a sentence, than press the spacebar twice to start the next sentence.

JonsMazda
06-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Use a period with no spaces to end a sentence, than press the spacebar twice to start the next sentence.

I press spacebar once.

MattC
06-18-2007, 04:15 PM
This thread never was really 'on topic' but lets keep it on topic! :chuckle

and I think its "proper" to use 2 spaces after a period.

Seliina
06-18-2007, 04:47 PM
This thread never was really 'on topic' but lets keep it on topic! :chuckle

and I think its "proper" to use 2 spaces after a period.

You're correct. It is proper to use 2 spaces - but 'new' styles, such as APA, say to use only 1 - so times are changing!

JonsMazda
06-18-2007, 06:00 PM
meh.....

Jeff-TheBiz
06-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Whatever, punctuation was never mine strongest bestest subject; grammer and sp3lling was always whate I was the goodest at.

OP: Still waiting for an email/call/PM

MAZDA Kitten
06-18-2007, 06:37 PM
I bought my car in 5 minutes (literally) at Ontario Mazda and the price I got was pretty amazing (other dealerships were not even interested in 'matching' the price never mind beating it - end quote).

majic
06-18-2007, 06:47 PM

good luck.. i think he blacklisted mazda.. oh well.. his loss...

I bought my car in 5 minutes (literally) at Ontario Mazda and the price I got was pretty amazing (other dealerships were not even interested in 'matching' the price never mind beating it - end quote).

you never started your quote dumnass :)

MAZDA Kitten
06-18-2007, 06:57 PM
here "

fill it in

pfbmgd
06-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Whatever, punctuation was never mine strongest bestest subject; grammer and sp3lling was always whate I was the goodest at.

As soon as I get free time I will call.

pfbmgd
06-19-2007, 11:14 AM
John was great to talk to .No excuse gave me a several good prices .Definantly something to consider.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-19-2007, 01:42 PM
John was great to talk to .No excuse gave me a several good prices .Definantly something to consider.

Huh?

I hope you didnt call the wrong dealership? We don't even have a John here.. and I know I didn't talk to you.

IMHIP2
06-19-2007, 03:22 PM
We don't even have a John here...

Boy that must make for a long day.....:chuckle

This thread is too funny .John/Jeff . Same first letter . Same deal right ?:bang

JonsMazda
06-19-2007, 03:22 PM
lol, maybe someone pretended to work @ MOT

pfbmgd
06-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Sorry I talked to Jeff Holley at about !0:30 today .

Jeff-TheBiz
06-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Sorry I talked to Jeff Holley at about !0:30 today .

I must be losing it :loco... I don't remember that..

Flagrum_3
06-20-2007, 04:10 PM
I must be losing it :loco... I don't remember that..

Dudududu, Dudududu, ...You are now entering the Twilight Zone:chuckle

_3

thought I'd left that out eh?

Mazda Boy
07-01-2007, 12:17 PM
they focus on dollars more than services.................

Broli
07-01-2007, 03:24 PM
i must admit it is funny that you think you talked to jeff but he doesn't remember it.

as for ontario mazda, i, like MK, had no problem buying and leasing a car there.

had i known of Jeff when i bought the cars i certainly would have went with him though.

and i understand why you feel you got some sarcastic advice here from certain members, you certainly did! nonetheless, behind some of it was some wisdom still we can only hope people will offer advice in a nice cordial manner, but you need to have a bit of a thick skin when you ask a question on a message board.

good luck with the car, i hope you end up with a mazda!

MAZDA Kitten
07-03-2007, 10:50 PM
That was deep Broli... truly it was... *wipes tear*

Broli
07-04-2007, 09:06 PM
damn straight . . . deep like a puddle!

lol

Jeff-TheBiz
07-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Just bought a 07 (Honda Civic) dark silver .I`m sure the white looks nice t the beginning.But I have owned 5 silver cars and never had anyregrets .They always look pretty good even hen a little dirty .

Update... after our make believe conversation, he has decided to get a Civic..

What did I say? Sad how an experience at a dealership can cause a change in taste.. If I had a bad experience at The Keg, I would still eat steak.

For the record, I have not had a bad experience at The Keg, and no cows were harmed on this post.

alankuo
04-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Sorry for your bad experience..............as new General Manager, my policy is "STRAIGHTFORWARD with best possible customer services" to let people have great purchase experience...................