PDA

View Full Version : Brake problems continuously

jjsullinger
06-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Dear all,

My 1992 Mazda Mx-6 2.5i is experiencing brake problems. February 2007, the front discs and brake shoes were replaced (does the MX-6 has two sets of discs per wheel?). After three months (May 2007), the car was really shaking while braking, indicating that something was not in order with the brakes again. I returned the car to the dealer, who replaced the discs and shoes again (warranty, good for me)! They told me I was a very prowerful driver and as such, the brakes were worn out (???). Note that from February - May I drove 3500 miles. Imagine, I drove 3500 miles with a new set of discs and brake shoes! How is that possible? On the contrary to what the dealer says, I'm absolutely not a powerfull driver. Anyway, even after replacing the discs in October, the car is experiencing problems again i.e. when pushing the brakes firmly (not ABS), the red brake light on my dash flashes, indicating that the discs or shoes again need to be replaced.....? Or does it mean something else? What comes to mind now: the rear discs and shoes were not replaced (not in February, not in May), so that's where the problem might be. Anyway, please let me know if you have any idea what's going on here. Do I need to replace everyting again, or?

Thank's for your comments!