PDA

View Full Version : HID's aimed too low (even on the higher setting)

Unoriginalusername
06-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Anyone adjust their's up more? if so how?

stormin84
07-17-2008, 08:07 PM
this how to move the hid's higher

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123711875

Unoriginalusername
07-17-2008, 08:25 PM
this how to move the hid's higher

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123711875

a year later... thank-you :chuckle :bana2

stormin84
07-17-2008, 08:29 PM
hey i just got my ms3 and it was set low too...ive been searching for a how to for a while and i found one...just thought it would help you out if you had not done it already, and maybe it would help other members too.

Unoriginalusername
07-17-2008, 08:32 PM
hey i just got my ms3 and it was set low too...ive been searching for a how to for a while and i found one...just thought it would help you out if you had not done it already, and maybe it would help other members too.

thanks man

WeatherB
07-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Ya, they are too low stock... I think they're perfect for the regular 3 but were not adjusted to the lower Speed3.

I readjusted mine, pretty easy.

alhope34
07-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Is there a possibility that the lights are aimed different on different vehicles? When mine are set the highest, they are so high I get flashed all the time, and at a traffic light I can see the cut-off like usually 1/4 way up the dude's rear window in front of me. Odd...

Fobio
07-17-2008, 09:24 PM
I think these things are adjusted at the dealer before delivery no? this is something I'll try tmr night...

WeatherB
07-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Is there a possibility that the lights are aimed different on different vehicles? When mine are set the highest, they are so high I get flashed all the time, and at a traffic light I can see the cut-off like usually 1/4 way up the dude's rear window in front of me. Odd...

With or without passengers in the rear seat?

alhope34
07-17-2008, 09:36 PM
With or without passengers in the rear seat?

Without. But even with 5 people in my car, or with my car completely loaded with my fiance and I and all our stuff for our trip in June, the hight of the lights never changed. Meaning, 0 full was as high as 0 empty, 1 full was as high as 1 empty, etc... I DID check this, at the back of my parent's place in Sydney, against the lines in the siding.

Edit: Geeze...I'm thinking this is all so darn complicated just for something simple as head lights. What happened to the days of just turning them on and they worked properly with no aiming issues?? In the city I set it to 0 and forget about it, in the country with less light polution I flip to 1 just before passing someone head on, or comming up behind someone. I very very rarely have anyone in the back seat.

x_o_k_x
07-18-2008, 03:44 AM
what happend to auto leveling like audi's have?? instead they made it manual adjust.. I think factory adjusts them accordingly though

stormin84
07-18-2008, 04:17 PM
the dealership must adjust them when they do there inspection before it is handed of to us...but now we can adjust them to how where would like them at.

guess i opened a can of worms with this one. nobody was saying anything about the lights for a year until i found a how to..