PDA

View Full Version : Agincourt Mazda Services

mf5781
06-29-2007, 07:35 AM
My 2004 Mazda 3 was bought more than 3 years ago. Recently I heard some noises when the steering wheel was turned left or right. I did not know what's the actual problems. So I went to Agincourt Mazda to have it check out. I was advised that as the original warranty expired, even though I had an extended warranty for 6 years, I had to pay $95 + taxes for the diagnosis. The extended warranty did not cover the diagnostic charges, i.e. if it's under the original warranty, it's covered.

1. I just wonder why there's such difference between two types of warranty. Shouldn't all charges be covered if the repairs are covered by warranty? Was Agincourt telling me the correct things? Even for uncovered repairs, if you do the repair job there, normally the garages will waive that charge.

2. Does anyone have any idea what causes the noises?

Thank for your advices.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-29-2007, 09:50 AM
I was advised that as the original warranty expired, even though I had an extended warranty for 6 years, I had to pay $95 + taxes for the diagnosis. The extended warranty did not cover the diagnostic charges, i.e. if it's under the original warranty, it's covered.

If the problem is in fact a warranty claim, the diagnostic is covered.

If the problem is not covered by the warranty, you will pay for the diagnostic.

mf5781
06-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks Jeff.

I also got the same answer from Mazda Canada. But the service advisor at Agincourt just said it's not covered by extended warranty even the repairs were under warranty.

SonicBoy
06-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Which Yahoo service advisor were you dealing with? My sister has had a bad experience with Greg if he's still there.

mf5781
06-29-2007, 10:19 PM
No, not this guy. She's a fat lady.

I am not prepared to go back. So I even don't bother to call her Service Manager although Mazda Canada suggested me to call him.

I'll try another dealer.

Mazda Boy
06-29-2007, 10:28 PM
maybe they just need to make some extra money from customers, because they have a big building to handle................LOL