PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Mazda5 Preliminary Changes...

Jeff-TheBiz
07-03-2007, 08:05 PM
I really hope that some of these changes make it into the Mazda3 for its makeover.

Product Information Bulletin

June 29, 2007

TO: All Mazda Dealers

RE: Preliminary 2008MY Mazda5 Specifications & Features

The Mazda5 has become a key carline to our product line-up. It delivers a high level of functionality, practicality and comfort while still delivering Mazda’s unprecedented “fun to drive” experience. We are pleased to advise you that the first ordering period for the 2008MY Mazda5 will be the week of July 3rd for October Production. To facilitate this earlier ordering period, the Preliminary 2008MY Mazda5 Specifications and Features have been posted to theMarketing section of the Dealer Portal.

As specified in our Specifications and Features Order Guide, the 2008MY Mazda5 receives a refreshened exterior which includes newly designed bumpers, front grille, 16” & 17” alloy wheels and LED taillights (GT model).

The interior also receives new trim appointments and standard features such as side airbags, side air curtains, auxiliary audio input, front passenger seat inner armrest and second row seat outer armrests. Also available are 2nd row cool air vents with fanspeed control, Bluetooth® hands-free phone system, voice activated navigation system and 5-
speed Sport mode automatic transmission.

We are confident that the momentum of the Mazda5 will continue in the 2008 model year and we join you in looking forward to its arrival.

MAZDA CANADA INC.

Manager, Product Strategies & Development

Kevin@nextmod
07-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Wow....its about time they put in that 5 spd auto gear box.

asif9t9
07-03-2007, 09:23 PM
The Mazda 3 has everything there but Bluetooth. I think the Mazda 3 needs some traction control, a nav system, and whatever other goodies the US models get.

starwind
07-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Would be nice on the Mazda3 in Canada:

- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- PZEV (partial zero emission vehicle) certification
- Ice Blue Metallic colour for the hatchback (ok, so they don't have that stateside either, just for the sedan... but one can hope!!)

BTW -- Mazda USA has released their pricing for the 2008 (http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/downloadBrochure.action?url=/pdf/pricing_update/M3H-2008-pricing.pdf)'s

cereal83
07-03-2007, 10:24 PM
All I think they need is navigation and you are set! Maybe DCS but not too much more as it gets expensive

Skarbro
07-03-2007, 10:38 PM
The Mazda 3 has everything there but Bluetooth. I think the Mazda 3 needs some traction control, a nav system, and whatever other goodies the US models get.
I'de rather have LSD than traction control. And the OEM nav system, from what I hear, isn't that great - aftermarket nav units are better as far as options, ease of upgrading, etc.

EvilDeadFan
07-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Well shit. I originally wanted Bluetooth with my Mazda 3. Looks like I'll HAVE to upgrade to a mazdaspeed 3 now to get bluetooth. Might as well upgrade everything else at the same time...:D

Caz
07-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Well shit. I originally wanted Bluetooth with my Mazda 3. Looks like I'll HAVE to upgrade to a mazdaspeed 3 now to get bluetooth. Might as well upgrade everything else at the same time...:D

Bluetooth hasn't been added to the mazda3 it has been added to the mazda5.

Jeff-TheBiz
07-04-2007, 01:28 AM
BTW -- Mazda USA has released their pricing for the 2008 (http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/downloadBrochure.action?url=/pdf/pricing_update/M3H-2008-pricing.pdf)'s

Pricing for the 2008s was released here about 3 weeks ago..

No real changes or big news.. each one went up about $100 or $200..

kid_icarus
07-04-2007, 10:33 AM

mazdaspeed 3 has bluetooth?

S.F.W.
07-04-2007, 11:15 AM
no, not the Speed3 just the Mazda 5

Fuman
07-04-2007, 12:57 PM
like Skarbro said, our regular 3s, don't need DSC or TCS, not enough power for it. And LSD for better cornering is a maybe but I doubt they'll do it at our price range since we've a lot of goodies as it is.

If you say TCS/DCS for winter driving, just get a set of decent winter tires.

back on topic.
those changes on the mazda 5 will be more than welcomed!

WLS ZMZM
07-08-2007, 05:37 PM
hmmm an LSD tranny would be really interesting.. would make sense cuz the car has a lot of torque.... and LSD would mean no more "one tire fire or one wheel peel". Would allow the car to handle much better but I agree I don't think they'd add it without a fair jump in the price