PDA

View Full Version : Scarberia newbie

skibaroo
07-06-2007, 09:40 AM
So I took the plunge yesterday and have a Crystal White Pearl Sport GT on order...
Figured this would be the best place for my first post. Looking forward to reading through the posts here to learn a thing or two on my new ride.

S.F.W.
07-06-2007, 09:45 AM
welcome. Post up some pics of the ride, when you get it. What are you driving now ?

cyberscorpi0
07-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Welcome to TM3 Forum!

MattC
07-06-2007, 09:50 AM
nice man, i work in scarberia, so i guess were like neighbours now! atleast for about 8 hours a day...

welcome! nice colour choice.

Tokic_o
07-06-2007, 10:31 AM
welcome! Very nice choice ....crystal white pearl FTW! =D wats scaberia? scarborough?

MattC
07-06-2007, 10:34 AM
correct.

James_N
07-06-2007, 10:48 AM
i thought we refered scarborough as scarlem? lol anyways welcome to the club. Enjoy your stay

MattC
07-06-2007, 11:10 AM
that's officially my new fav. I work in Scarlem.

iconicrocket
07-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the forum.

skibaroo
07-06-2007, 11:37 AM
welcome. Post up some pics of the ride, when you get it. What are you driving now ?

I'm currently driving a Honda Prelude, but because my wife is expecting I needed something a little bigger with better access to the back seat. I've loved the 3 ever since it came out and moreso after I test drove some of them - I think it's cuz the ride is similar to the Lude's - plus I'm biased towards cars made in Japan.

I'll try to get some pics up as soon as I can, car seat and all!

Clearly I am a man of the world. In a matter of 2 hours (despite the fact I haven't left my cubicle in downtown T.O.) I've moved from Scarberia to Scarlem to Scarbados...

S.F.W.
07-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Clearly I am a man of the world. In a matter of 2 hours (despite the fact I haven't left my cubicle in downtown T.O.) I've moved from Scarberia to Scarlem to Scarbados...

Ha, great line. Good to see you have a sense of humor about it all.

Broli
07-06-2007, 12:26 PM
welcome, too bad u live in the weaksauce eastside!

lol

skunk2
07-06-2007, 01:26 PM
welcome fellow scarberian

WeatherB
07-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Hehe. We Scarberians are taking over. muahah

SonicBoy
07-06-2007, 03:14 PM
South East End chiming in!

dr1ft3r
07-07-2007, 10:43 PM
hi welcome! i thought people call it scar town

Caz
07-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the forum! Were did you buy from?

skibaroo
08-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Sorry for the belated response, but I'm sure I will justify myself shortly.

I picked up my car 2 Saturdays ago from Ajax Mazda - in my haste to get there, I forgot the deposit cheque at home and had to drive back to get it! It was love at first sight, although I promptly replaced the antenna with a stubby. I also got floormats, wheel locks and touch-up paint thrown in.

Shortly thereafter, my wife decided to go into labour (thus the move into a bigger car) and as a result, I've been a little preoccupied as of late.

First impressions - the good: Car drives great, low fuel consumption, small/tight steering wheel, A/C blows cold (which was a Godsend these past few days) and the fit and finish is up to par with other Japanese-made cars.

First impressions - the bad (nitpicking): The manual is bigger than the Bible (so I didn't even open it) and possibly as a result I can't find the heated mirror switch! Side molding (which I plan on removing). Coming from a car that had aftermarket speakers, amp and box, the stereo system leaves something to be desired and (again, coming from a car with summers) the stock tires don't really inspire confidence in turns.

Nevertheless, overall I'm thrilled with my decision. So in the span of a few days, I got two babies, one that drinks gas and looks like milk, and another that releases gas and drinks milk!

Cardinal Fang
08-02-2007, 09:46 AM
The heated mirrors should come on when you hit the defrost button. Welcome to the board and congrats on the new addition to the family.

JonsMazda
08-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Welcome!

EvilEric
08-02-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm currently driving a Honda Prelude, but because my wife is expecting I needed something a little bigger with better access to the back seat. I've loved the 3 ever since it came out and moreso after I test drove some of them - I think it's cuz the ride is similar to the Lude's - plus I'm biased towards cars made in Japan.

I'll try to get some pics up as soon as I can, car seat and all!

Gratz on the new addition to the family, I'm guess you also looked at the matrix also then?

skibaroo
08-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Gratz on the new addition to the family, I'm guess you also looked at the matrix also then?

I did look at the Matrix/Vibe and drove them, but found the (non-XRS) engine underpowered and the suspension a bit soft for my liking. Plus a white Mazda 3 looks worlds better than a white Matrix IMHO.