PDA

View Full Version : Floor mat clip and winter mats

jstro
07-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Just picked up my '07 GT sedan yesterday and it's been great so far! Been lurking around this board for a while and thought I should actually post now that I have picked up my new baby. :)

A quick question about this floor mat clip - I notice mine is only attached on one side (the side closest to the seat). Is that how it's supposed to be?

Also, I see the Mazda rubber mats don't seem to have a ridge on them to catch water. Has anyone tried the Weathertech ones? They seem really expensive, but my last car had really baaaad salt stains, which I'd like to avoid this time 'round if possible.

Thanks

Cardinal Fang
07-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Just picked up my '07 GT sedan yesterday and it's been great so far! Been lurking around this board for a while and thought I should actually post now that I have picked up my new baby. :)

Welcome to the board.

A quick question about this floor mat clip - I notice mine is only attached on one side (the side closest to the seat). Is that how it's supposed to be?

That is how it's supposed to be.

Also, I see the Mazda rubber mats don't seem to have a ridge on them to catch water. Has anyone tried the Weathertech ones? They seem really expensive, but my last car had really baaaad salt stains, which I'd like to avoid this time 'round if possible.

Thanks

I've gone through two winters with the Mazda mats and it was never a problem for me. I usually put something down under them to protect the feeble carpet from salt.

starwind
07-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Last fall, I bought new Michelin Extreme floor mats for my Saturn.

They were absolutely wonderful this past winter -- no salty water *at all* on the carpets... I will use them (assuming they fit -- haven't actually tried that, sorry) with the new Mazda3.

I bought mine at Canadian Tire (http://canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=140847439 6672420&bmUID=1184286919969&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443283769&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true).

They are expensive, but may be worth a try.

They hold a lot of water (one of their selling points), but it is held openly (and can be mopped up or dumped if needed), as opposed to some other styles which hold it in an absorbing pad...

boogie
07-12-2007, 09:08 PM

Thanks

The other side should actually clip together to hold the whole thing in place. Mine wasn't clipped by the dealer when they PDI'd it, but I did it myself.

jstro
07-17-2007, 03:16 PM
The other side should actually clip together to hold the whole thing in place. Mine wasn't clipped by the dealer when they PDI'd it, but I did it myself.
boogie, did you just push it through the carpet? I notice it looks like it's a bit perforated there but there doesn't seem to be a hole in the floor underneath. Maybe I'm just not pushing on it hard enough?

jstro
07-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the board.

That is how it's supposed to be.

I've gone through two winters with the Mazda mats and it was never a problem for me. I usually put something down under them to protect the feeble carpet from salt.

Thanks, CF, I think I'll have a look at them next time I'm at the dealer and cut up some indoor/outdoor carpet to go underneath.

boogie
07-17-2007, 05:07 PM
boogie, did you just push it through the carpet? I notice it looks like it's a bit perforated there but there doesn't seem to be a hole in the floor underneath. Maybe I'm just not pushing on it hard enough?

yeah...i had the same prob. Took a while to get in, but it finally clipped. That bad boy ain't goin' anywhere now!