PDA

View Full Version : Got my first CEL!

boogie
07-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Well, driving in to work this morning, and my MS3 threw her first CEL. I have a feeling it is the issue w/ the Purge Valve, as it was actually quite cold when I left this morning.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like i'll be able to see a dealer til mid next week. So i'm gonna have to take it easy til then. Also looks like i'll have to delay putting my CAI in which was supposed to happen on Saturday...=(

yellowmp5
07-12-2007, 06:19 PM
even though mine isn't a MS3, but a MS6....i got my first CEL in 2 weeks from the pick up date... the CEL was triggered by a bad "solenoid purge valve"
which is very common to MS3, MS6 and CX7 (upon my research) i've
the purge valve replaced under warranty, but the part was back order
the time i visited the dealership. parts are shipped directrly from the plant
in japan....

Unoriginalusername
07-12-2007, 07:04 PM
i got mine the day i picked up the car, i cleared it myself and it hasn't been back knock on wood... have had the ms cai on for a few months now as well, no issues to date

boogie
07-12-2007, 07:09 PM
i got mine the day i picked up the car, i cleared it myself and it hasn't been back knock on wood... have had the ms cai on for a few months now as well, no issues to date

I was considering getting the intake installed and just getting Jimmy to reset the CEL, but I'd rather get it fixed now, as I'm sure it'll just come back later anyways...

Unoriginalusername
07-12-2007, 07:11 PM
I was considering getting the intake installed and just getting Jimmy to reset the CEL, but I'd rather get it fixed now, as I'm sure it'll just come back later anyways...

true... i think it will turn out to be nothing, and even nothing is likely to come back later at some point lol

boogie
07-14-2007, 01:27 PM
So oddly enough yesterday after filling up w/ gas my CEL went away. I assumed it was the gas cap issue, however Jimmy pulled the code for me this afternoon, and it does look like it's the purge valve.

yearoftherat
07-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Seems to be a issue for both MS3s and MZ3 as I had to have mine replaced a few months ago