PDA

View Full Version : I am picking up my new Mazda3 Touring Edition tomorrow and I'm so anxious!!!

abby
07-15-2007, 09:37 PM
I have the shakes and I know that I will probably only sleep for about 3 hours. Does everyone get this nervous, excited and anxious?!?! And of course there's always that little glitch of being sad to let your old car go....Oh the drama!

JonsMazda
07-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Congrats! and welcome to TM3 :D Sooo, are you going to do any mods?

starwind
07-15-2007, 09:57 PM
abby:

I am guessing that being nervous, excited, and anxious all at once is not uncommon :-)

I put down the deposit on my new Mazda3 yesterday... I think I am mostly still in the "oh my ***** what have I done?!?" phase ...

Congrats on the new purchase... and *enjoy* !

MAZDA Kitten
07-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Congrats on the new ride!

Imagine the people have to wait WEEKS and even MONTHS for their new car

Caz
07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
I waited a month for the ultra rare snowflake pearl white and the wait killed me. But the second I was driving the car home from the dealership I forgot about the wait.

Don't worry the smile on your face when you are driving it will make you forget about the old car.

Cardinal Fang
07-17-2007, 12:47 PM
I was in the same boat with Caz. Waited for 4 weeks. The wait was torture! Welcome to the board.

Wait until you get your first stone chip. The same feeling will occur only opposite. :chuckle

kid_icarus
07-17-2007, 01:00 PM
I have the shakes and I know that I will probably only sleep for about 3 hours. Does everyone get this nervous, excited and anxious?!?! And of course there's always that little glitch of being sad to let your old car go....Oh the drama!

i waited for 3 weeks while the car was sitting at the dealership.

i was really nervous and scared, and for a day or two after i felt scared and nervous still.

Getting a car is like marriage. Because it takes a lot out of you financially lol.
So sometimes now I think of it as a burden but the vehicle itself can bring you some sense of joy, just take good care of it.

Fuman
07-17-2007, 01:00 PM
welcome abby
abby so how do you like the car??

btw mods. can you please move this to the new user's lounge.

S.F.W.
07-17-2007, 01:29 PM
thanks for the heads up, thread moved.

ptwonline
07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Ah...I remember when I bought my first new car. Exciting times!

Buying a new car is one of the biggest events in your life. It's ok to be nervous/excited! And buying your own first new car? It's like another ritual of passage into adulthood.

I should play poker. No matter how much I am jumping up and down on the inside, on the outside all you'll get is a little grin.

MattC
07-17-2007, 03:00 PM
maybe you have food posioning? :chuckle

congrats man, try not to puke with excitement in the car when you get it.

ptwonline
07-17-2007, 04:09 PM
maybe you have food posioning? :chuckle

congrats man, try not to puke with excitement in the car when you get it.

One more piece of advice: in your excitement over the new car, don't forget to check your mirrors!!!

abby
07-17-2007, 07:30 PM
hello! so i picked up the car last night and it so incredibly awesome!%#!@ i hate to use the word 'awesome' but there is no other word to describe it.

there a couple of paint chips on the passenger door which will be getting fixed as per my liking. they are going to order in a new batch of paint and try it to fix them with a pen first. if i don't like it, it will be sent to the body shop. not cool, but there was no way i wasn't taking the car home last night.

i don't plan on doing any mods to it. i'm so happy with it that i don't think it needs a thing.

can't wait to take it on it's first road trip. hopefully within the next month.

i swear this is the most exciting thing. best car ever! i must have looked like i was on crack driving it to work this morning. all smiles all the way :)

Wild Weasel
07-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Congrats!! Definitely a great feeling! Is it new or used? Love that fresh plastic smell of a new car!! :bana

Dancestar
07-18-2007, 01:26 PM
I only waited a week for mine, I slept the night before....but the night I actually said "Ill take it" I didnt sleep at all....the feeling is awesome though....doesnt happen very often so enjoy it!

Cardinal Fang
07-18-2007, 04:49 PM
i don't plan on doing any mods to it. i'm so happy with it that i don't think it needs a thing.

*Places on on abby's forehead*

Are you feeling ok?

Broli
07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
just do one thing . . .

. . .. then ur all ours!

congrats on the car!

+--SM M3--+
07-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Welcome Abby and Starwind!! Hope u enjoy your rides!

abby
07-18-2007, 09:45 PM
It's a new car and I loovvvveeee the smell of it. Pretty sick if you ask me. I'm turning into a car fanatic....and I said I'd never turn into my Dad...hah!