PDA

View Full Version : Soundstream

hood
07-23-2007, 01:26 PM
There is a place near my house that has alot of car audio and preformance stuff (its called Sound Image) and they have a bunch of amps and subs from sound stream does anyone know anthing about this company?? owne it? have any reviews i can look at?

thanks

WLS ZMZM
07-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Soundstream is really good quality.... its more high end.... and usually gets used in competitions.... this is much higher quality then what you are finding at F.S. or B.B.

SpeedBaby
07-23-2007, 02:17 PM
from first hand experience: soundstream usually offers high quality audio products. however if you are looking to turn ur car into a base box that would make everything rattle within a 100 feet radius that's probably a wrong choice for you, as with a proper set up it will give you a clean sound rather than just base.

cereal83
07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Soundstream is good but there is tons of other stuff that is cheaper and runs just as good, imo

WLS ZMZM
07-23-2007, 03:31 PM
true enough...but when it comes to car audio... if you want something that sounds good... and +1 to speedbaby... for mentioning the whole rattle the neighbours teeth with lousy bass.... the soundstream is expensive but its components and subs/amps provide crystal clear bass... its very simple you get what you pay for..!!

sicsol
07-23-2007, 03:47 PM
I currently have two soundstream amps ready to put into the 3...i'm still looking for subs that can handle the power.

will be running a SS 10.0 & SS Picasso.

WLS ZMZM
07-23-2007, 04:03 PM
ooooo vary nice!!! I have always wanted a tarantula.... can't beat that big chrome spider on top of it.... *drools*

EvilDeadFan
07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
The human reign one looks freaky. I love it. :D

WLS ZMZM
07-23-2007, 05:08 PM
you have to love the look of their amps :hawt

couple pix so you guys know what we talking about...
The Tarantula.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Sleeper23/sticker%20abuse/tarantula2-lg.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Sleeper23/sticker%20abuse/tarantula1-lg.jpg

Human Reign....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Sleeper23/sticker%20abuse/HR1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Sleeper23/sticker%20abuse/HR2.jpg

cereal83
07-23-2007, 05:21 PM
true enough...but when it comes to car audio... if you want something that sounds good... and +1 to speedbaby... for mentioning the whole rattle the neighbours teeth with lousy bass.... the soundstream is expensive but its components and subs/amps provide crystal clear bass... its very simple you get what you pay for..!!

I agree you do get what you pay for. If you have the cash, spend the money. You will have a clean sounding system. Zapco is another company to look at, Arc audio.

Their amps do look amazing.

yellow 3
07-23-2007, 05:29 PM
sorry to brake it to you but soundstream is made by Audiovox = CRAP :)

Soundstream is really good quality.... its more high end.... and usually gets used in competitions.... this is much higher quality then what you are finding at F.S. or B.B.

WLS ZMZM
07-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Zapco is craaaazy.... I just think their amps are alittle big.... or if you can get your hands on them in good shape the old skool Rockford amps are pure power..... thats what I have in my car...

rockford punch 800a2 for my licker L5
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Sleeper23/sticker%20abuse/800a2.jpg

rockford punch 400a4 for my mids
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Sleeper23/sticker%20abuse/400a4.jpg

and the punch 150a2 for my tweeters
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Sleeper23/sticker%20abuse/150a2.jpg

these are not my amps but are the same ones I had set in my civic... right now they are collecting dust in my basement, until it gets put in the 3... system was super clean!! and got nothing but compliments...

yellow 3
07-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Zapco is no more there gone
you may wan't to look @ JL Audio for Amps & subs Alpine for head unit Focal for door speakers

I agree you do get what you pay for. If you have the cash, spend the money. You will have a clean sounding system. Zapco is another company to look at, Arc audio.

Their amps do look amazing.

WLS ZMZM
07-23-2007, 05:36 PM
how do you figure that soundstream... is crap??

yellow 3
07-23-2007, 05:41 PM
from personal first hand experience

WLS ZMZM
07-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Really?? maybe you had a bootleg soundstream amp.... I've never heard or seen of any problems associated with them.......

hood
07-24-2007, 10:13 PM
im not thinking of changing the speaker but i was thinkin wat would be better 4 soundstream speakers or 4 kicker speakers?

the soundstream speakers are 90$ a pair and the kickers are like 200$ a pair?

i know you get wat you pay for but everyone is saying that soundstream is very good quality

Flagrum_3
07-25-2007, 08:33 AM
from first hand experience: soundstream usually offers high quality audio products. however if you are looking to turn ur car into a base box that would make everything rattle within a 100 feet radius that's probably a wrong choice for you, as with a proper set up it will give you a clean sound rather than just base.

Man there's nothing hawtter than a lady that knows her audio!!... all due respect intended!:)

Although Soundstream do make great 'clean' amps, they have been known to lack headroom, or lack of humph at higher volumes, but still excellent amps...not biased but I've always been partial to RF punch amps for their clean but ballsy sound.

_3

WLS ZMZM
07-25-2007, 10:36 AM
I agree with you there Flagrum... I love the look of the soundstream.... amps but are a little too showy for me, The punch amps are nice as long as they aren't the newer ones.. really find they cut out way too much.... as far as the speakers go.... soundstreams speakers are mediocre.. if your going to spend the $90 get a nice set of pioneer or kenwood.... if your looking to spend more money... check out the kicker series as you mentioned or look for the infinity kappa perfect 3.1s... woooo is that a sexy speaker and man o man do they sound good... truthfully speaking... if you are looking to hook your speakers up to an amp any speaker will be better then the current stock ones... just try and find a good speaker that can handle about 35-50 watts RMS.... will improve the sound... not sure if you have a gt or a luxury.. if you do have tweeters... make sure the speakers you are buying a) come with tweeters b) have a crossover in the kit.... will allow you to adjust things to really fine tune it.

hood
07-26-2007, 08:54 AM
my friend got kickers in his and i like my stock speakers wayyy better, if he turns the bass all the way up on his speakers its distorts at like 12, and even below 12 its a crappy sounding bass. With my stock ones its actually i nice sounding bass with no distortion. Also the sound quality is like the exact same when both of our speakers are set to 0 treble 0 bass. So i figured scerw buy speakers when mine have the same quality ass 200$ speakers and just go for an amp and a sub. Thanks for all your help.

Theres prolly already a post on this but, could you guys name me off some good amps and subs that make a good combination.

Flagrum_3
07-26-2007, 11:15 AM
my friend got kickers in his and i like my stock speakers wayyy better, if he turns the bass all the way up on his speakers its distorts at like 12, and even below 12 its a crappy sounding bass. With my stock ones its actually i nice sounding bass with no distortion. Also the sound quality is like the exact same when both of our speakers are set to 0 treble 0 bass. So i figured scerw buy speakers when mine have the same quality ass 200$ speakers and just go for an amp and a sub. Thanks for all your help.

Theres prolly already a post on this but, could you guys name me off some good amps and subs that make a good combination.

It sounds to me that your not looking for a kick-ass system but atleast a decent sound so I would suggest for speakers you splurge a little more money as they are your sound....I'd suggest JL VR650si's components- about $250..excellent sound reproduction, any decent 2-channel amp, just get one that the RMS rating matches or surpasses the speaker RMS rating for clean sound, same goes for the sub and sub amp (You can find alot of used RF amps around if you look and you will also need a (LOC) Line-output converter to keep the OEM headunit...Navone makes a great LOC and its pretty cheap @ around $25 if I remember correctly.

_3

WLS ZMZM
07-26-2007, 11:15 AM
really his speakers sound crappy?? does he have them hooked to an amp??? cuz those kicker speakers are amazing.....
Subs... depends on your price range and what kind of bass your looking for...
if you want nasty thumping bass... then hit up future shop and buy one of those JBL 1000 subs... cheap and boom... if your looking to get some serious quality.... check out either JL Audio or Kicker Subs....
I have a Kicker L5 12" (square sub) amazing bass and blew away my four 10" JL subs.. but at the same time its not cheap I think they retail for around $450 - $500 no box..... higher end sub... you can't go wrong for hte money with a set of pioneer IMPP try to find one that has a DVC - Dual Voice Coil... makes a big difference in sound and has a tendency to last longer... as its harder to blow... amp wise again depends on what you are looking to spend....