PDA

View Full Version : Speedtech

yearoftherat
08-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Recommended by a few members, I decided to go to SpeedTech for the installation of my Eibach swaybars. The guys were great ! I would definitely be seeing these guys for any future projects.

Pics....

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/cjlee9/Miscellanous/DSC_0002.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/cjlee9/Miscellanous/DSC_0003.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/cjlee9/Miscellanous/DSC_0006-1.jpg

MattC
08-03-2007, 02:43 PM
ahh watch out for falling rust!

yearoftherat
08-03-2007, 02:51 PM
lol.. the paint underneath reminds me of the paint on the cars themselves...crap

Damn forgot to take a pic of the front but its there...

cyberscorpi0
08-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Glad to hear you're satisfied. *Two Thumbs Up*

FLIPDADY
08-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Andy looks after us all!

yearoftherat
08-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I mentioned that you and JD referred his shop to me :chuckle
Gabe showed up during the install and we went for noodles afterwards..yummy

cyberscorpi0
08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I mentioned that you and JD referred his shop to me :chuckle
Gabe showed up during the install and we went for noodles afterwards..yummy
I could have drop-by for a Mini TM3 meet :chuckle

Nextmod
08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Glad you liked it Chris.

if anyone is looking for those send them my way =P

lancesir
08-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Looking at the picture above, how come the endlink bushing caps dont' cover over the rubber bushings? It's like they are slanted out.

On a stock 3 the caps cover the bushings nicely and are nearly vertical.

whiteomega
08-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Andy installed the exhaust for me on Friday. i don't have pictures, since i was at work while he was doing it, but so far, so good. i like the fact that he was able to accomodate my schedule (he met me at Speedtech long before they were supposed to be open).

one comment, however; i would have liked a bit more communication regarding the status; i had to call to find out if the car was ready or not. other than that, no complaints.

Effin Itai
08-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Andy installed the exhaust for me on Friday. i don't have pictures, since i was at work while he was doing it, but so far, so good. i like the fact that he was able to accomodate my schedule (he met me at Speedtech long before they were supposed to be open).

one comment, however; i would have liked a bit more communication regarding the status; i had to call to find out if the car was ready or not. other than that, no complaints.

Funny you mentioned your car was there for the exhaust job. I saw them roll it out, just before they did my springs. I have an issue with my control arms which I have to replace, where the guy in parts from MOT(ehemm), must help me out. Andy was very informative and patient and answered my annoying questions.

yearoftherat
08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Looking at the picture above, how come the endlink bushing caps dont' cover over the rubber bushings? It's like they are slanted out.

On a stock 3 the caps cover the bushings nicely and are nearly vertical.

Seems that the hotchkis rear swaybar does the same thing

http://www.drakilla.com/CIMG1399.JPG

Not sure if any of the other aftermarket bars do the same thing. The car is on a lift and there is no load on the suspension so that could be why

smr_bb6
08-21-2007, 06:00 PM
any installed my kit for me last friday as well on my 5 I've been with speedtech for the pass 6yrs thumb up

whiteomega
08-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Funny you mentioned your car was there for the exhaust job. I saw them roll it out, just before they did my springs. I have an issue with my control arms which I have to replace, where the guy in parts from MOT(ehemm), must help me out. Andy was very informative and patient and answered my annoying questions.

really? i thought i saw another 3 in the back, but i was more focused on getting my car on the street...holy mother was it ever loud...

replaced part of the mid-pipe with another reasonator today..sounds much quieter, but still has a nice burble to it.

lancesir
08-22-2007, 11:13 AM
wow whiteomega you have all the MS mods now, congrats!

that must be a sweet ride :)

whiteomega
08-22-2007, 03:06 PM
no swaybars..yet..

it is pretty damned fun, i have to say...now all i need is some money to visit the track. :)

(JP's got the whole kit'n'kaboodle i think)

crazycanuck
08-22-2007, 03:55 PM
These guys are indeed awesome, had my tires bought + installed in 20 minutes.

Speaking of which, they're having a massive midnight madness sale this weekend. 50% off all items they have in stock. Sadly, I don't have enough posts to start a new thread in the classified section, so spread the word!

Details : www.speedtechauto.com

whiteomega
08-22-2007, 04:30 PM
is that the same shop? when i met Andy it was around Finch and Midland..

cyberscorpi0
08-22-2007, 05:39 PM
is that the same shop? when i met Andy it was around Finch and Midland..
That's a different Shop.

crazycanuck
08-22-2007, 07:08 PM
ops my bad then. Too many places with similar names

MajesticBlueNTO
08-22-2007, 08:38 PM
ops my bad then. Too many places with similar names

they used to be the same...sherman handled the storefront/retail, andy handled the mechanic work....then they went their separate ways.

FLIPDADY
08-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Both good guys to deal with still.

Tizmee24
08-23-2007, 06:47 AM
These guys are indeed awesome, had my tires bought + installed in 20 minutes.

Speaking of which, they're having a massive midnight madness sale this weekend. 50% off all items they have in stock. Sadly, I don't have enough posts to start a new thread in the classified section, so spread the word!

Details : www.speedtechauto.com

:bana thumps up for sure ill be there to see if i can get something for my 3

thanks for the post

Axelarate
08-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Speedtech is the shop that can remove the stock exhaust system without cutting it right? I will be giving them a visit once I find someone who is interested in trading their stock exhaust for my vibrant cbe. Can somebody confirm that they can remove the stock exhaust as a whole?

whiteomega
08-25-2007, 09:44 PM
he should be able to. he sent my car to another shop to have some welding done on the exhaust i had installed..i'm guessing they cut mine to make it fit in the car, but i never asked why...

the cut was clean, but they cut in two places: just after the first (smallish) reasonator-looking thingy (that's about as technical as i get) on the front pipe, and about six inches back from the tip.

the cut on the tip was to make it fit in the hatch (and even then, it was well into the front passenger seat) i can upload (crappy) pictures if you're interested in seeing it.

Wagonman
09-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Where is speedtech located and what is their phone #.

I need to get my Hotchkis sways installed on my MS3 and they sound like a good choice.

ds2chan
09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
just a coincidence that I wanted to save Speedtech's info for my own purposes today (in case I need to use their services again)..

http://www.speedtechauto.com/
166 Bullock Drive, Unit 3
Markham, Ontario
L3P 1W2

Tel: 905-294-7778 / 416-335-8388
Fax: 1-866-268-8009

Wagonman
09-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Is that the parts place or the place that does installs?

MPS
09-12-2007, 01:48 PM
they have parts also
but like any other parts store its all by order

ds2chan
09-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Is that the parts place or the place that does installs?

they have 2 places?? I thought I heard that somewhere but it wasn't mentioned on their website that I saw.. that's the address for the new one in Markham at hwy 7 & McCowan by Markville Mall..

can anybody else shed some light on the 2 locations question??

whiteomega
09-12-2007, 02:14 PM
my understanding is that they used to be one shop, with Sherman at SPI handling the retail side of things, and Andy at Speedtech handling the mechanical side of things. Andy's place is in the same location (Midland and Finch, or thereabouts) and SPI is up on Bullock drive.

Tony the Tiger
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
my understanding is that they used to be one shop, with Sherman at SPI handling the retail side of things, and Andy at Speedtech handling the mechanical side of things. Andy's place is in the same location (Midland and Finch, or thereabouts) and SPI is up on Bullock drive.

Yup yup :)