PDA

View Full Version : battery drain

eman124
08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I was out of country for about 3 months
and i cant start the car now
I should be able to start it with jumper cables right??
can someone tell me some instruction please..
not good with these kidn of stuff..
appreciate it!

WLS ZMZM
08-10-2007, 05:01 PM
It's normal.... the car usually drains down, since there is no charge being put through the circuit.... so the battery gets drained.. with a boost you should definitely be able to get the car started :)

eman124
08-10-2007, 05:12 PM
thanks for the quick reply
also one more question

The car is a little bit low on gas too
what if the car won't start up after I finish pumping at the gas station
I cant use the cables at the gas station for safety reasons right?

JonsMazda
08-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I cant use the cables at the gas station for safety reasons right?

Wouldn't advise it..
:loco

WLS ZMZM
08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
That would be correct.... best thing to do in that situation is push the car away from the pumps either to where the air station is or where the vacs are if they have a car wash somewhere further away from the pumps. If you even get out booster cables near the pumps they will freak out.. and for good reason obviously :chuckle

garboui
08-10-2007, 05:39 PM
iven if its low on gas just drive it around for about 15-20 mins, that will be sufficent to charge the battery enough to start afer fuelling. then after fuelling give it another 20 mins on the road to make sure the battery if fully charged.

mazda lover
08-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Is your low fuel light on once you get the car started? if not you have enough gas to get to a station. \\
3 months of not using the car should not drain the battery, well at least it shouldn't.
I store a few vintage cars and store them over the winter months, one thing I do is make sure the gas tank is full, also add gas stabilizer, rule #1
Next, fog the engine, also I pump the tires to 50PSI
To make sure the battery doesn't get drained disconnect the cables, over the winter I remove the battery and bring it into the house and charge it once a month.

good luck

eman124
08-12-2007, 12:18 PM
I was able to start the car without the jumper cables
but it was a rough start after 4-5 tries
I took it on the road for like 10-15mins..
and i was able to re-start the car after fueling..

thanks alot guys..