PDA

View Full Version : H Tech Springs

Carlisle
08-18-2007, 01:20 PM
So yesterday i installed my new S tech spings.. And the car is way to low for me.

Sooo i want to replace them with the H Techs, and i will be selling the s techs that are brand new.

Does anyone know where i can get a set of H Techs from? a member or store?

thanks

blue3
08-18-2007, 01:59 PM
you could try pac mall , ssg ?

WeatherB
08-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Why don't you get the a set of Pro Kits? I've heard the H-Tech will sink to almost same drop as the pro kit.

SSG has a group buy for $260. Only a bit more than the H-techs.

stevenlung
08-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Why don't you get the a set of Pro Kits? I've heard the H-Tech will sink to almost same drop as the pro kit.

SSG has a group buy for $260. Only a bit more than the H-techs.

True, I have H-tech, the front is as low as the prokit but the back, I don't really like the wheel gap at the back, sometimes ppl asked me "did you lower the back?"

For the prokit, it's not too low with a even front and back drop, it's also firmer than H-tech too.

aznkid.com
08-19-2007, 02:14 PM
True, I have H-tech, the front is as low as the prokit but the back, I don't really like the wheel gap at the back, sometimes ppl asked me "did you lower the back?"

Really? My front and back drop is pretty even with the H-Techs

stevenlung
08-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Really? My front and back drop is pretty even with the H-Techs

Oh no, I guess the back still hasn't settle in 2 months, but I bought it used, the previous owner had it for 35000km, maybe it needs 2 yrs for the rear to settle? LOL, j/k

WeatherB
08-19-2007, 04:35 PM

For the prokit, it's not too low with a even front and back drop, it's also firmer than H-tech too.

I believe the rear springs for the H-tech are more firm than the pro kits. This is probably a good thing if you carry 3 people in the back, but I think it would be very bouncy for every-day driving.

I've been very happy with my pro kits so far!

stevenlung
08-19-2007, 05:10 PM
I believe the rear springs for the H-tech are more firm than the pro kits. This is probably a good thing if you carry 3 people in the back, but I think it would be very bouncy for every-day driving.

I've been very happy with my pro kits so far!

Ya, you are right, but the seller of my springs told me he switched to prokits bcoz it has a firmer ride, and I felt my h-tech is kind soft, it's only abit firmer than stock with a lower ride, also I don't carry any passenger at the back cuz I don't need to, now I regret of getting the h-tech cuz the rear wheel gap, I would be a happy owner like you if I got the prokits b4 :flaming

I want your prokits now LOL :hawt, lets switch :chuckle

p-o-g-i
08-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Tires23 has the Htech's for sale for somewhere between $240-$260 (from what I recall)...

chinsterr
08-20-2007, 09:51 AM
interested in trading your s-techs for my h-techs ?

chinsterr
08-20-2007, 09:54 AM
meh this board is very anti- Htech becuase of the opinions of a few members and sponsors.

Go onto another board and you will hear a different story.

p-o-g-i
08-20-2007, 04:05 PM
meh this board is very anti- Htech becuase of the opinions of a few members and sponsors.

Go onto another board and you will hear a different story.

I was looking at H-tech's as well. All I want it a drop so it leaves 2 finger width's worth of gap. I know alot of people are into dropping their rides, but I just want to lower it to a reasonable height.

Kevin@nextmod
08-20-2007, 04:24 PM

what are you talking about? the h-tech will drop as low as the prokits? Prokits are only 1.2 and the h-tech is 1.3. I've had both on my car and teh h-techs sank as low as the s-techs. Prokits never went sank more then half an inch.

The prokits are much stiffer then the h-techs.

stevenlung
08-20-2007, 05:04 PM
what are you talking about? the h-tech will drop as low as the prokits? Prokits are only 1.2 and the h-tech is 1.3. I've had both on my car and teh h-techs sank as low as the s-techs. Prokits never went sank more then half an inch.

I compared with my friend who has prokits on, both of us are sedan, the front is just about the same, but the back has so much diff, mine is so much higher, it looks like i reduce so much weight at the back or something, hey pearly, i'm just telling what i saw, i'm not trying fool someone over here, thanks

chinsterr
08-20-2007, 05:57 PM
I compared with my friend who has prokits on, both of us are sedan, the front is just about the same, but the back has so much diff, mine is so much higher, it looks like i reduce so much weight at the back or something, hey pearly, i'm just telling what i saw, i'm not trying fool someone over here, thanks

It also depends on whether or not your cut the stopper during the install.

IMO H-techs will lower the car more than prokits. Pearly and I can attest to this.

stevenlung
08-20-2007, 06:09 PM
ok buddy, i'm not here to make enemies, just ignore what i wrote, have fun

sp3GT
08-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Here's what mine looks like. I wouldn't say the front and back are that big of a difference. The back is higher but it's not way out of wack.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/sp3GT/IMG_2653-edit.jpg

chinsterr
08-20-2007, 07:15 PM
ok buddy, i'm not here to make enemies, just ignore what i wrote, have fun

Why are you getting so defensive ? No one is arguing with you . Are people disagreeing? Yes.

** The picture above is what H-techs look like. Stop exaggerating that the back is high, its like .2" higher than the front.

aznkid.com
08-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Let's not all forget the drop is different for the sedans and hatches. The drop for sedans is 1.0" in the front and 0.6" in the back.

stevenlung
08-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Let's not all forget the drop is different for the sedans and hatches. The drop for sedans is 1.0" in the front and 0.6" in the back.

Thanks

chinsterr
08-20-2007, 10:54 PM

lol has any actually got numbers like that after lowering their car with H-techs ?

mine with h-techs is like 1.5"+ at the front and around 1" at the back

** I have a sedan

**** So Carlisle, do you want to do the trade ?

Kevin@nextmod
08-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Here's what mine looks like. I wouldn't say the front and back are that big of a difference. The back is higher but it's not way out of wack.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/sp3GT/IMG_2653-edit.jpg
You got a system in the back.

WhiteSpeed3
08-21-2007, 12:37 AM

sorry pearly im a bit confused h-techs will sag to the same height as s-techs?

Kevin@nextmod
08-21-2007, 12:52 AM
^^ Sorry for the confusion..the h-techs will sag and the sagging will look like you dropped 1.8 inches like s-techs spec. But the S-tech will drop more then 1.8 inches after sagging.

chinsterr
08-21-2007, 01:40 AM
You got a system in the back.

one 12" sub isn't going to make that big of a difference. Its no more than 40 pounds.

WhiteSpeed3
08-21-2007, 08:57 AM
thanx for clearing that up time to sell my s-techs

SwooshICE
08-21-2007, 06:36 PM
the h-techs will sag and the sagging will look like you dropped 1.8 inches

hmm I'm lowered for more than a year and my htech did not sag at all.

sp3GT
08-22-2007, 12:50 AM
thanx for clearing that up time to sell my s-techs

I don't think that s-techs sag that much because Joe has been on those for quite some time and they don't seem to sag that badly.

Kevin@nextmod
08-22-2007, 01:00 AM
his cars front end is lower then mine. i got 1 finger wheel gap and he doesn't. And according to the specs, he's only .1 inch lower then my sportlines. .1 inch isn't even half a finger. We both have the same spec tires.

chinsterr
08-22-2007, 10:56 AM
his cars front end is lower then mine. i got 1 finger wheel gap and he doesn't. And according to the specs, he's only .1 inch lower then my sportlines. .1 inch isn't even half a finger. We both have the same spec tires.

but like i said earlier , cutting the "stopper" also plays a role in this.

Tein / Eibach / H&R they are all reputable companies , i don't think there is that great a "sag factor."

wtom
08-22-2007, 01:29 PM
I still have my HTechs available if anyone wants. Looking for $160 used for slightly over half a year. Had them on the car with stock shocks.