PDA

View Full Version : Oakville Meet - Thurs. Aug. 23rd - 8:30PM

doughboyr6
08-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Date: Thursday Aug. 23rd
Time: 8:30PM
Location: Starbucks at Dundas/Trafalgar (inside strip plaza with Longos and BMO and TurtleJack)

MAP: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp... FoByxnMDQphh

South-east corner of Trafalgar/Dundas.

Get off QEW at Trafalgar and go north
Get off 403 at Dundas and go west
Get off 401 at Trafalgar and go south

Starbucks is located in the strip plaza with Quiznos/BMO/TurtleJacks/Longos. There is a Tim Horton's just 1 light away for those who don't like Starbucks. There is also a Williams Coffee in the same plaza. This should be a very easy location to find. Central Oakville, easily found from all directions.

I WILL HAVE THE NEW STICKERS FOR SALE 1 for $5 or 2 for $10

Broli
08-20-2007, 10:07 PM
i will probably hit this meet, and it will likely be the debut of my new mod . . . unless it gets delayed again!

arg

Centropolis
08-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Date: Thursday Aug. 23rd
Time: 8:30PM
Location: Starbucks at Dundas/Trafalgar (inside strip plaza with Longos and BMO and TurtleJack)

MAP: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp... FoByxnMDQphh

South-east corner of Trafalgar/Dundas.

Get off QEW at Trafalgar and go north
Get off 403 at Dundas and go west
Get off 401 at Trafalgar and go south

Starbucks is located in the strip plaza with Quiznos/BMO/TurtleJacks/Longos. There is a Tim Horton's just 1 light away for those who don't like Starbucks. There is also a Williams Coffee in the same plaza. This should be a very easy location to find. Central Oakville, easily found from all directions.

I WILL HAVE THE NEW STICKERS FOR SALE 1 for $5 or 2 for $10

I want to come....but can someone who wants to help a fellow M3 owner to install some easy mods if I bring the parts? I am one of those that scared of screwing up.

I am talking about really small things like blue map and dome lights.

Broli
08-20-2007, 10:17 PM
what else

map and dome lights . . are easy
if i am there i will help, if not, someone will for sure

Centropolis
08-20-2007, 10:21 PM
what else

map and dome lights . . are easy
if i am there i will help, if not, someone will for sure

Thanks for the offer to help! Now, do you know where I can buy these lights in Mississauaga or Oakville?

My car is just plain stock so it'll take some time to 'catch up' to most of the users here on the forums. :)

doughboyr6
08-20-2007, 10:24 PM
if juan shows, i'm sure he'll be able to do it blind folded....

i think you can buy these lights from devin....

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121

his contact info

The Xenon Store
Forum Handle: Devin98
Email: sales@thexenonstore.com
Web: www.thexenonstore.com

email is probably best....he's in brampton

KenYork
08-21-2007, 09:25 AM
You should be able to find them at CT as well. If you want LED ones you'd better contact one of the sponsors. There's a CT right where the meet is located.

b3GS
08-21-2007, 11:51 AM
I'll be there if I get my car back by then

Broli
08-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the offer to help! Now, do you know where I can buy these lights in Mississauaga or Oakville?

My car is just plain stock so it'll take some time to 'catch up' to most of the users here on the forums. :)

if u want them that night, and cant catch devin or cant go to CT
u could try Myk from To Protege, u could prob grab the bulbs at the meet they have in sauga on thursday and cruise over to oakville after!

1flycdnM3
08-21-2007, 08:40 PM
^^ uhhhh Alex I highly doubt Myk will have some just "lying around" for him. would have to order them first, but I will be at the meet :)

Centropolis,
you can atleast check out some of the lights i got from him last month (front signal, dome, map) and would gladly give you some insight or help you out if you need it.

b
08-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll swing by after work. Kenyork are you going? If so... let me know and I'll bring the sales slip for the CAI incase you have any issues.

Centropolis
08-21-2007, 11:59 PM
^^ uhhhh Alex I highly doubt Myk will have some just "lying around" for him. would have to order them first, but I will be at the meet :)

Centropolis,
you can atleast check out some of the lights i got from him last month (front signal, dome, map) and would gladly give you some insight or help you out if you need it.

Well, I am bringing the car to Erin Mills to change the tires because they make tons of noise. They are also removing a piece of leaf near the fan to stop the clicking noise. If I get the car back by Thursday after work, I will go to the Oakville meet.

I am not sure if I'll have time to pick up these bulbs in time for this week's meet though. But for sure next Oakville meet.

BTW, why schedule the AA meet in Mississauga and Oakville meet in the same week? Why not alternate? Just wondering......

sicsol
08-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Going to try & make it out to this meet.

Broli
08-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Myk, ususally has bulbs in stock i thought?

ah well,

the reason the AA meets and Oak meets are the same day, is because the regs for one are no the same as the regs for the other

Centropolis
08-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Myk, ususally has bulbs in stock i thought?

ah well,

the reason the AA meets and Oak meets are the same day, is because the regs for one are no the same as the regs for the other

Just wondering....how many people usually show up for the Oakville meet?

BTW, if I show up....i hope no one laughs at my stock Sport GT. hahaha

b3GS
08-22-2007, 11:39 AM
My car is stock.. no worries

I went to the meet a couple weeks ago for the first time.. and nobody laughed at me (well.. at least to my face :chuckle)

There was 10 or 11 cars at that meet

it's a good group of guys I've met so far.. TM3 seems like a great club!!

Broli
08-22-2007, 11:42 AM
no one would ever laugh,

why did we buy this car .. . cause we like how it comes stock!

everyone is friendly, nothing to worry about!

1flycdnM3
08-22-2007, 12:59 PM
the idea is that it's a Mazda Meet and we all love Mazda's :D

Infact, I prefer to see a stock Mazda sometimes and find out what someone likes. Usually it's fun to see lots of different people with different things done to their cars and decide what YOU like.

but yeah, Myk doesn't have extras as far as i know. due to the costs it wouldn't make sense.

KenYork
08-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Just wondering....how many people usually show up for the Oakville meet?

BTW, if I show up....i hope no one laughs at my stock Sport GT. hahaha

We'll laugh just caus you asked.

b_ I'll be there for a bit.

sicsol
08-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Sounds like it's going to be a great meet. Now make sure everyone shows up.

bubba1983
08-23-2007, 08:43 AM
othar than the stock car thing, jus come out for the social aspect of it!!!!
we were all stock at one point, think of it that way!!!!

b3GS
08-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Still haven't got my car back :bang so I may not make it out

I was told late this afternoon.. but we'll see :complain

apparently.. Mazda shipped a damaged rear bumper :loco

Centropolis
08-23-2007, 02:31 PM
I just got a call from Erin Mills Mazda that my car is ready to be picked up. Unless there is a thunderstorm tonight in Oakville....I am going to this meet. I am assuming that it'll be pretty easy to find a bunch of Mazda 3's parked together....but if I show up early....where do you guys usually park?

b3GS
08-23-2007, 04:15 PM
can't make it.. car won't be ready til tomorrow afternoon now :bang

:AH's have had it for a whole week now to replace a hatch and a bumper :complain

better be :complain perfect when I pick the damn thing up

have fun guys

doughboyr6
08-23-2007, 04:27 PM
I just got a call from Erin Mills Mazda that my car is ready to be picked up. Unless there is a thunderstorm tonight in Oakville....I am going to this meet. I am assuming that it'll be pretty easy to find a bunch of Mazda 3's parked together....but if I show up early....where do you guys usually park?

right by starbucks....

Centropolis
08-23-2007, 04:28 PM
right by starbucks....

Someone said that there is a Canadian Tire where we meet. Does anyone know if they'll have pure white replacement bulbs for map and dome lights? I don't like the yellowish ones I have now.

I won;t have time to pick up lights from the Myk guy.

Unoriginalusername
08-23-2007, 05:02 PM
if the weather keeps getting better might try to make it out

Effin Itai
08-23-2007, 05:14 PM
The bigger the badder the brolier. LOLOL! Oh my God! Talk about being modest Al. Who designed that sig. I swear I almost pissed my pants when I saw that!

I will try for tonight to come.

1flycdnM3
08-23-2007, 05:21 PM
^^ he mentioned it lastnight so i thought he would do that. too damn funny :)

I will probly be a little early as i have to drop-off my gf in sauga for 7pm so i will likely be there between 8-815 if anyone decides to come early

KenYork
08-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Someone said that there is a Canadian Tire where we meet. Does anyone know if they'll have pure white replacement bulbs for map and dome lights? I don't like the yellowish ones I have now.

I won;t have time to pick up lights from the Myk guy.

Yep.. they should have em in a package set.. about $7-8+tax, I think they come in blue or red.

b
08-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Out of work late. Didn't think anyone would be there at 10.45pm. Hope it was a good turn out...

Centropolis
08-23-2007, 11:15 PM
I just came back from the meet. Although it was a small turnout, it was great. I learned a bit about modding.

And I got my first mod done at the meet thanks to Doughboy! And all it took was 3 seconds. The silver antenna looks awesome!

Thanks Doughboy......

Broli
08-23-2007, 11:16 PM
haha nice!

i was too lazy to make it this week!

sorry boys!

-RJ3-
08-23-2007, 11:17 PM
I was gonna go, but with the limited time, I decided to head to TOP... We saw the footage I shot at the slipstream show n' shine in Broli's car... It was jokes... Not bad for an amature...

Broli
08-23-2007, 11:31 PM
it was PRO guy!

:P

-RJ3-
08-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Cant wait for the mods BROLI..... BIG BAD BROLIER!!!! WERD!

Unoriginalusername
08-24-2007, 07:28 AM
had guests stop in last minute before i was gonna leave and never made it... hope ya'll had fun

b3GS
08-24-2007, 08:54 AM
well.. glad I didn't go now.. since the BIG BAD BROLIER! didn't show

:chuckle