PDA

View Full Version : lightweight pulley's?

dentinger
08-21-2007, 02:07 AM
does anyone make them for a 2.0 mazda3??
im not so much interested in UDP's, but more or less just losing some weight and letting the engine work more effieciently

but i think the most important question is:
will a lightweight pulley set void my warranty at all?
cuz im not messing with the timing belt or anything, just replacing OEM parts with lighter parts......

im going to go to burlington mazda tomorow and see wat they say.
but im leaning toward getting a negative answer.....

Flagrum_3
08-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I remember reading somewhere that they had pulley sets for the 2.3, I'd be surprised if you found them for the 2.0 though (Not really a big item). Anyways I can't see replacing the pulleys voiding the warranty aslong as its done at a Mazda dealer, but you never know! ...lets us know what you find out.

_3

3GFX
08-21-2007, 02:29 PM
I read somewhere that Pulleys would void the warrantee. If not, Iid be interested in freeing a few ponies!

dentinger
08-21-2007, 03:06 PM
i just went to Underworld customs, and they said no one makes any pulleys for our cars. altho the guy only called 'unorthodox'.
i tihnk SR motor sports makes them for our cars.... but i think i read somewhere that ppl have problems with them.

also, i havent had a chance to go over to mazda yet. plus, even if i could get these parts, it wouldnt for a while. seeing how im about to start buying stuff for my new system next month, and then i want new 18's for next year ish......
oh well.
maybe i just need a better paying job. lol $8.50 an hour really doesnt cut it.

doughboyr6
08-21-2007, 07:48 PM
search on mazda3forums....a few members have and some have had problems....

here they are

http://www.srmotorsports.com/Mazda3_Project_Car.html

i'm pretty sure i've read it voids warranty.

dentinger
08-21-2007, 09:20 PM
it said in the FAQ's that the commonly sell to mazda dealerships, and that it wont void ur warranty. lol

but i'll just have to wait and see.....
i wanna get more important things first... like new rims and a new sound system lol

sp3GT
08-22-2007, 12:52 AM
I don't really think the pulley is worth it, you prob get 5hp?
I thought about it when a friend of mine got the Unorthodox for his sentra, but I didn't think it was worth the hassle.

dentinger
08-22-2007, 01:33 AM
well, ur losing 6 lbs of rotating mass.
add that to a lightweight flywheel, and ur acceleration/revs would be insane.

b
08-22-2007, 02:58 AM
Burlington mazda... thats a void right there!

3GFX
08-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Isn't the air conditioning weak enough? hehehe

dentinger
08-27-2007, 11:09 PM
haha ya true.

meh. ive decided to spend my money on something more worthwhile...
like a new system. im getting alpine type R components next week if all goes well!! yay!!