PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Mazda Service

little_wheelz
08-22-2007, 06:27 PM
I brought my automatic Mazda 3 in with a shift shock problem between 1st and 2nd gear. I had read the service bulletin (# 05-010/05 - available on many websites) that indicated that a software/patch upgrade is required to fix the problem. I indicated this to the service rep and scheduled an appointment. I brought the car in and re-iterated the problem and told them that I was aware of the service bulletin and the required fix. I then left my car for the day. At ~ 4pm I phoned to make sure the car was ready and was told that the fix was a software/patch update, but they didn't have the software. It was somewhat frustrating after I had indicated numerous times (prior to and while dropping off the car) that the software was the probable fix. To find out the software wasn't available and nothing was done to the car in the ~ 9 hrs it was at the dealership is frustrating. To make matters worse, I inquired as to when the software would be available and I was told that they had no idea, but it is also an issue on many other cars in the Mazda line-up (great). It has now been ~ 1.5 weeks since my visit and I have not had any follow-up regarding this issue.

m_a_t_r_i_x
08-22-2007, 06:55 PM
well you could have search it here which dealerships does this, i.e. MoT, Avante.....save yourself from BS excuses...

little_wheelz
08-22-2007, 07:55 PM
I didn't think that I would have to search which dealership could do a mazda TSB, but I guess I do. Either way too late so save me the BS.

iconicrocket
08-22-2007, 08:05 PM
That weird, I had my car in there last year for the same reason and it was done the same day.

BangHatch
08-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I really dislike Downtown Mazda.. They seem eternally sketchy.. Had a bad experience with the sales Manager when purchasing the vehicle... Had a bad experience with my 2nd service which led to an engine replacement (another dealership cleaned up their mess under warranty), and above that, they're pretty arrogant too sometimes (acting all high and mighty).. I've caught them lying to me and i've caught them trying to have me pay for warranty service..

I can honestly WALK to that dealership. I live that close. But i would gladly drive to Dave Wood Mazda or Mississauga Mazda for a lot better service.

ZOOM ON 3
08-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Had some warranty work and service there last week and had no problems.
They tried to talk me into doing an engine coolant service, but I told them that I would only do it at approximately 96 000km or 4 years. My car is only 3 years old and has 70 000 km.

RedRaptor
08-23-2007, 02:06 AM
They tried to talk me into doing an engine coolant service, but I told them that I would only do it at approximately 96 000km or 4 years. My car is only 3 years old and has 70 000 km.

In their defense, its common place to change your coolant after 3 years. I know it says 4 years in the manual but sometimes preventive maintainance is not a bad thing. I'm in the same boat, 3 years and 65,000km and I think I'll get my coolant done soon.

ZOOM ON 3
08-24-2007, 11:03 PM
I know but I had them do the 72k service and that was around $200.00 plus I got them to do the tranny oil service therefore I left there with a $320.00 service bill....I will eventually do the engine coolant service, maybe in the next oil change or two.

little_wheelz
08-25-2007, 10:45 AM
So I sent a very nice email in reply to the service follow-up letter from the Service Manager on Wednesday explaining my non-service. No reply 3 days later. I guess they don't expect people to reply to these follow-up letters.

Fuman
08-27-2007, 07:38 PM
So I sent a very nice email in reply to the service follow-up letter from the Service Manager on Wednesday explaining my non-service. No reply 3 days later. I guess they don't expect people to reply to these follow-up letters.

i'd write to mazda canada.

little_wheelz
08-28-2007, 03:36 PM
i'd write to mazda canada.

It has now been a week with no reply. I think that you are right, Mazda Canada might be hearing from me. Too bad DT Mazda is about 5 minutes from work....

thesober
10-27-2007, 07:35 AM
There is a new service manager at Downtown Mazda, his name is Phil, i dont know his last name. Hmmm...the last service manager, Rita, didnt last too long.

dumpbear
11-13-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm having a bad and frustrating experience with Downtown Mazda right now...

Definitely taking my business elsewhere.

white3GT
11-24-2007, 01:00 PM
I had a horrible time when purchasing my '06 3 GT from them. The sales man quoted me a price and when i came back 2 days later to purchase, they said he messed up his numbers and the monthly payment jumped from the quoted $329 to ~$390. They would not honour his quote. I finally got it for $350/mnth.

Then, it was one problem after another with regards to them not returning any messages I left regarding the delivery being delayed. The first guy was an asian sales man... young guy. Second one they handed me to was a chick.

Anyways, long and short was at the end of the day I blew up (a bit) in the dealership and said I'm never coming back here, so if you want to sell me the car... you're delivering it to my house. And that's what happened.

sunset_orange
11-24-2007, 07:12 PM
I had the same problem with shift 1-2 shock, took it to the dealer and now i'm experiencing the exact same problem but it now happens when I shift from 3-4 gear... LOLLL