PDA

View Full Version : Tree jizzed on my car multiple times...

crazycanuck
08-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Went camping this weekend and the trees had a little fun with my car. Anyone know how to get tree sap off without damaging the paint job? I just hand washed my car today, with 0 results.

Cheers,

Bo

cwp_sedan
08-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I know goo gone comes in a spray now in the auto dept. That should take it off. Maybe some others will have some suggestions.

mit-gee-mui
08-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Some have gotten a bit off with a clay bar.

Some links for you:
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=13875&highlight=tree+sap

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=14053&highlight=tree+sap

Mazda3_06
08-28-2007, 09:17 PM
my brother had the same problem with his car....and its still on!!!

Perma
08-29-2007, 12:26 AM
+1 for Automotice GooGone. And try not to park under sappy trees :( It's no good for paint as you just found out...

EvilDeadFan
08-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Car covers are great for this purpose... :) If you HAVE to park that way while you park.. COVER IT! :p

I hope you really like tree sap. It'll be there a while. :P

midnightfxgt
08-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Bug, tar and sap remover.... auto cleaning section in CT.

crazycanuck
08-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Goo gone worked perfect! Thanks guys! Spray, wipe, rinse, no more sap

crunchie46
08-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I had some on my car and i used nailpolish remover on a q-tip. Got it all off.

Perma
08-30-2007, 01:01 PM
^I'd be too scared to use something that removes paint in an attempt to save my paint. But that's just me.

WLS ZMZM
08-30-2007, 01:55 PM
yeah im all about that bug tar & sap remover... unfortunately have some trees in my hood that like to jizz everywhere... and can't do anything about them.. cuz town won't let me cut them down... stuff saves my life on the regular.

BTW LOVE THE TITLE HAHAHAHA guess he didnt believe in protection :chuckle

crazycanuck
08-30-2007, 02:15 PM
yeah im all about that bug tar & sap remover... unfortunately have some trees in my hood that like to jizz everywhere... and can't do anything about them.. cuz town won't let me cut them down... stuff saves my life on the regular.

It's what I get for parking my car in the forest. Usually I don't go that far up North to camp, and camp sites are usually not surrounded by tall trees. But man, once you hit Perry Sound, the scenery is just beautiful.

Haha, the tree couldn't resist the 3; blonde bombshell of cars

Iturralde
08-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Can you post some pics of the "jizz"? Hopefully you will be able to get it off without damaging the paint.

Zubbie
08-30-2007, 08:51 PM

Im on the same boat as you, I got a tree right beside my driveway...

I wash my car on Sunday, by Monday my car has some spots on it,
by Tuesday the exterior begins to get sticky,
by Wednesday my hand sticks to the paint and the flies start having a party on my car,
by Thursday I have to clean my windows to be able to see clearly and now the flies are joined by bees,
by Friday almost anything sticks to my car and its a population of flies and bees,
and by Saturday my windows are so sticky that they sometimes have trouble goin down and Im scared to walk up to my car b/c of all of the bees.

Then its clean again on Sunday.

WildEmu
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Can you post some pics of the "jizz"? Hopefully you will be able to get it off without damaging the paint.

Is that something you really want to see? :chuckle

WLS ZMZM
08-31-2007, 12:21 PM
I hear ya one of these days my tree "might have an accident" during a storm if you know what I mean :chuckle
If i wash my car on sunday
- sunday night its covered in dust
- monday- it now has spots
- tuesday the windows need to be washed (buh bye clean car) as here comes the windshield wipers
- wednesday its getting gray
- thursday needs another wash

justin
08-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Hopefully you will be able to get it off without damaging the paint.

Oh the possibilities and the fun I could have with that one. Where's majic/Cardinal Fang when you need them? :chuckle