PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Details Inc...Unsatisfactory and Terrible

azn_outlaw
09-11-2007, 11:59 PM
All I can say is I should have turned away when I had the damn chance.....

in short, Selective Sound, in faith said that Strictly Details can install my HID without any problems and can complete the job..

So I went with there suggestion seeing how people rave about the service and advice from Selective sound....

well sadly this was the far worst install I have seen....even though I had called asking if they had done a Mazda3 HID install before...

things that went are wrong:

1) Start off with getting the car to Strictly Details, installer goes to the car and proceeds to to remove headlight bulbs and straight plug in the kit...

I ask how about the DRL's , the guy no need to disable because the DRL's are located in the highbeam area...

this is the first sign something is wrong...cause obviously my car is an 2006 and when it came into the shop the DRL's where on and it was the low beam that was the DRL

2) Second thing wrong, the guy is like oh its simple to disable the fuse, where is the fuses located on the car?

I say i dont know....and the installer again ask you got the car manual which I did not have...

round and round he goes looking for the fuse then instead goes to Selective sound where they had to explain how thing lighting system works on the Mazda3.

3) Wiring has got me very nervous!!!! After a call to a trusted member who has wired and installed an HID Kit into the Mazda3...

I find that no inline fuse was used when the installer at Strictly Details taped into a constant 12V source, in this case he used the a thick red wire located under the dash...

when compared to other Mazda3 I have had a successful and might I add clean and functional install at Lockdown of another HID system, there is at least two inline fuses used during the install...

so at the moment..sweating like hell cause I have a bad feeling something is going to catch fire

4) Worst thing about this whole install, I have lost function of both my auto headlights and my damn ****IN fog lights....

pissed me the hell off, when I was testing everything at night that both things do not work....what the ****in hell!!!

I guess you get what i pay for and I get headaches and a lot of concern for $80 ****in dollars!!!

so in conclusion:

Get advice to install HID's from Selective Sound a trusted and knowledgeable shop, end up at Strictly Details who's install knowledge of the Mazda3 is vague and not solid at all, pay $80 to loose my Auto headlights and fog lights...

so what does this leave me? Contacting another member for help, ripping out garbage work and should have done it my damn self...

so stay away from Strictly Details, all HID install work should be done by Lockdown or Devin98

thanks for reading

Tim

Zaku_4
09-12-2007, 12:28 AM
wtf

i would have so went back and told them to fix my car!

thats bullshit. the first sign of problems should have made u turn around lol

EvilDeadFan
09-12-2007, 12:36 AM
That's why I'm going to do my new kit myself. I don't want to depend on anyone else messing it up.

Good luck. I'm sure they'll make it right, as it'll be costly for a new harness if they don't. And they'll be paying.

MPS
09-12-2007, 12:43 AM
you don't go back to places like that
just take the loss and learn ur lesson
thats why this club has Jeff @ Lock down :)
i don't know what possed you to go to some new place

wtf

i would have so went back and told them to fix my car!

thats bullshit. the first sign of problems should have made u turn around lol

azn_outlaw
09-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Easy answer to your question Vlad hommie:

It was Minorly because it was close to home but had a trusted vendor here on the club suggest them

yup the loss is taken! at least I did not loose to much thank god

MattC
09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Sorry to hear about the issues, If it were me I would go back to them and ask for a partial refund, or, get them to remove the HID kit for free, then just cut your losses and take it to a place that employs professionals.

+2 for jeff at lockdown, their installs are always really pro and stealthy.

not to mention Jeff is a great guy to deal with, and will keep working until he makes the customer happy.

Maybe take it to Lockdown, or, ask maguyver to maybe help you clean the install up?

JonsMazda
09-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Mcguyver is good at cleaning ppl screwed up work...

WLS ZMZM
09-12-2007, 10:53 AM
screw that man.. I'd go back to them and demand they rip out the hid's and get your money back.... if they weren't sure how to do it.... they shouldn't have touched it in the first place.....!! as well .... if it had been me.. when the installer asked where the fuse box was I would have been out of there.... truthfully do it yourself... either pick up the bypass harness from Devin... or do it yourself if you need the diagrams I have them... did it myself and took about an hour to do... most of the time was spent fiddling with the stupid retention springs on the headlights.... and the diagrams came from Majic... so they are reliable :p

mit-gee-mui
09-12-2007, 03:38 PM
I was there as well during the supposed "installation", and was NOT impressed from the get-go.:whoa :flaming

levonida0103
09-12-2007, 07:54 PM
i wanted to get things done at selective sound, the owner's name is davis, at first i thought he was a nice guy but he turned out to be an *******, pardon my french, and the guy from strictly details was rude , when my gf went to get a price estimate to get my hid installed he treated her like crap and gave her bs cause she was a girl, her not having patience for rudeness, at first was nice then told him to **** him self, and waled out. STAY AWAY FROM BOTH THOSE PLACES, a buddy of mine didn;t get great service at both places either,

selective sound
09-12-2007, 09:35 PM
All I can say is I should have turned away when I had the damn chance.....

in short, Selective Sound, in faith said that Strictly Details can install my HID without any problems and can complete the job..

So I went with there suggestion seeing how people rave about the service and advice from Selective sound....

well sadly this was the far worst install I have seen....even though I had called asking if they had done a Mazda3 HID install before...

things that went are wrong:

1) Start off with getting the car to Strictly Details, installer goes to the car and proceeds to to remove headlight bulbs and straight plug in the kit...

I ask how about the DRL's , the guy no need to disable because the DRL's are located in the highbeam area...

this is the first sign something is wrong...cause obviously my car is an 2006 and when it came into the shop the DRL's where on and it was the low beam that was the DRL

2) Second thing wrong, the guy is like oh its simple to disable the fuse, where is the fuses located on the car?

I say i dont know....and the installer again ask you got the car manual which I did not have...

round and round he goes looking for the fuse then instead goes to Selective sound where they had to explain how thing lighting system works on the Mazda3.

3) Wiring has got me very nervous!!!! After a call to a trusted member who has wired and installed an HID Kit into the Mazda3...

I find that no inline fuse was used when the installer at Strictly Details taped into a constant 12V source, in this case he used the a thick red wire located under the dash...

when compared to other Mazda3 I have had a successful and might I add clean and functional install at Lockdown of another HID system, there is at least two inline fuses used during the install...

so at the moment..sweating like hell cause I have a bad feeling something is going to catch fire

4) Worst thing about this whole install, I have lost function of both my auto headlights and my damn ****IN fog lights....

pissed me the hell off, when I was testing everything at night that both things do not work....what the ****in hell!!!

I guess you get what i pay for and I get headaches and a lot of concern for $80 ****in dollars!!!

so in conclusion:

Get advice to install HID's from Selective Sound a trusted and knowledgeable shop, end up at Strictly Details who's install knowledge of the Mazda3 is vague and not solid at all, pay $80 to loose my Auto headlights and fog lights...

so what does this leave me? Contacting another member for help, ripping out garbage work and should have done it my damn self...

so stay away from Strictly Details, all HID install work should be done by Lockdown or Devin98

thanks for reading

TimFirst off We (SELECTIVE SOUND) are not Strictly Details, we are their neighbours. The reason I sent you there was because we have an arrangement, where he sell the h.i.d.'s and installs them. Anything performance and lighting he does and anything audio related we do. I am sorry you had a bad experience with them. I sent you there and I feel bad but I did not know that this would happen as I have seen them install many H.I.D. kits before with no problem.

selective sound
09-12-2007, 09:44 PM
i wanted to get things done at selective sound, the owner's name is davis, at first i thought he was a nice guy but he turned out to be an *******, pardon my french, and the guy from strictly details was rude , when my gf went to get a price estimate to get my hid installed he treated her like crap and gave her bs cause she was a girl, her not having patience for rudeness, at first was nice then told him to **** him self, and waled out. STAY AWAY FROM BOTH THOSE PLACES, a buddy of mine didn;t get great service at both places either,What kind of service did you guys get? did you get any work by us or did you just come in to browse? It's pretty unfair to generalize us two shops when they are my neighbour and we are not affiliated in any way. You can check our feedback on many forums and we have nothing but positive experiences with our customers. I apologize if yours wasn't pleasant but I do not think it warrants this post.

azn_outlaw
09-16-2007, 08:24 PM
All is well folks

Selective sound is not the problem at all...

and will retract the comments I said,

with that in mind...

its not Selective Sound that is getting the negative review

it is Strictly details...

You will all be very surprised to find that Selective sound as I have found out first hand is a shop in which will help out a customer

and try there very best to fix there mistakes..honestly they were not the problem at all!!! and yes they are separate from Strictly Details

again a separate shop from Strictly Details

again thank you Selective Sound for fixing things in a quick manor, in all honesty they should have been the one installing the HID kit and it would have been 101% a correct and professional install...I wish that would have happened in the first place.

thank you Selective Sound....

eqlso
09-17-2007, 12:54 AM
All is well folks

Selective sound is not the problem at all...

and will retract the comments I said,

with that in mind...

its not Selective Sound that is getting the negative review

it is Strictly details...

You will all be very surprised to find that Selective sound as I have found out first hand is a shop in which will help out a customer

and try there very best to fix there mistakes..honestly they were not the problem at all!!! and yes they are separate from Strictly Details

again a separate shop from Strictly Details

again thank you Selective Sound for fixing things in a quick manor, in all honesty they should have been the one installing the HID kit and it would have been 101% a correct and professional install...I wish that would have happened in the first place.

thank you Selective Sound....

So selective sound went and fixed the installation for you? Any word from strictly details?

azn_outlaw
09-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Selective sound fixed it yes but did not fix the installation..

its sorta hard to explain but we both came to a settlement on how to fix things...

but the bad experience has not come from Selective sound, it was Strictly details...

remember folks the bad work was done from Strictly Details and not selective sound

in short, Selective sound has illustrated to me great customer service even when they are not the ones who did the HID install....